Top 10 most indespensable players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star Wideout View Post
    Blasphemy. Jim Sorgi can throw a football from his own end zone to the opposing teams end zone... laying down.
    ...and blindfolded with the entire team distracting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
      ...and blindfolded with the entire team distracting him.
      ...after traveling back in time and building Rome earlier in the day.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Jim Sorgi's arm is a licensed weapon in 47 States. So by law he is required to only throw at half power. The last receiver that tried to catch a football from Jim Sorgi thrown at full speed had his hands taken straight off and suffered graze wounds to his body.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
          The South went six games under .500 against non NFC South opponents. That's a pretty bad showing, and the Falcons were beaten badly both times they played the Saints. I don't think Atlanta is better without Vick, but they could be just bad enough to the point where having Vick wouldn't really make much of a difference.
          Every team in the NFC South has potential for a .500+ record. Even Tampa due to improved trenches, improvement on defense, and steady players at QB and RB. Not many other divisions do that.

You make us sound horrible. We might not be great in recent years but we are average at least. 26-22 the past 3 seasons, 15-26 the past two seasons. Average. Without Vick we would have top 5 picks every year, just look at our record without him.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            Every team in the NFC South has potential for a .500+ record. Even Tampa due to improved trenches, improvement on defense, and steady players at QB and RB. Not many other divisions do that.

You make us sound horrible. We might not be great in recent years but we are average at least. 26-22 the past 3 seasons, 15-26 the past two seasons. Average. Without Vick we would have top 5 picks every year, just look at our record without him.
            This man speaks the truth the last 5 years every team in the NFC South has been to the NFC championship game. Bucs in 2002 and SB winner, Panthers in 2003 and SB participants, Falcons in 2004, Panthers again in 2005, and Saints recently in 2006.

You can count on at least 1 team from the south going deep in the playoffs every year and the division is always super competitive the games are close.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Wideout View Post
              This man speaks the truth the last 5 years every team in the NFC South has been to the NFC championship game. Bucs in 2002 and SB winner, Panthers in 2003 and SB participants, Falcons in 2004, Panthers again in 2005, and Saints recently in 2006.

You can count on at least 1 team from the south going deep in the playoffs every year and the division is always super competitive the games are close.
              I like to think that injuries are the deciding factor each year. The Saints didn't lose any key players last year, while Carolina and Atlanta did, that's why they were 11-5 and the aforementioned other teams were around the .500 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I like to think that injuries are the deciding factor each year. The Saints didn't lose any key players last year, while Carolina and Atlanta did, that's why they were 11-5 and the aforementioned other teams were around the .500 mark.
                I'd like to think that the Saints are a good team and that's why they were 11-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                  I'd like to think that the Saints are a good team and that's why they were 11-5.
                  Weren't the Saints 10-6?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                    Weren't the Saints 10-6?
                    Yeah, I was making a point

Should have been 11-5 our 2nd and 3rd team played the Panthers last game of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      Weren't the Saints 10-6?
                      Good enough for the Bye in the NFC, and not even guaranteed a wildcard in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        Good enough for the Bye in the NFC, and not even guaranteed a wildcard in the AFC.
                        Is anyone even saying the NFL is better than the AFC? So no need for making comments like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                          At least they'd have a QB playing the QB position.

You've got to be kidding me.

Comment

The simple fact that Gates is #5 makes this list worthless.

Gates is a great player, no doubt, but without him the Chargers are still a very good team.

Carson Palmer should be MUCH higher. He is the savior for the franchise that was a punch line of many jokes for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              The simple fact that Gates is #5 makes this list worthless.

Gates is a great player, no doubt, but without him the Chargers are still a very good team.

Carson Palmer should be MUCH higher. He is the savior for the franchise that was a punch line of many jokes for a long time.
                              Agreed. Manning is hands down #1, Brady #2 and Palmer #3. We would be rough to watch without him. TJ/CJ/Rudi/Willie Anderson/Levi Jones can all go down and we can recover but not Carson.

Comment

If you had to go team by team it would be alot more interesting.

NFC North

Packers - Favre
                                Vikings - Adrian Peterson??? I have no idea who to put for them, maybe Sharper?
                                Bears - Benson on O because they don't really have anyone behind him and Grossman hasn't really proven that if they lose him they're scerwed. Urlacher on D.
                                Lions - Roy Williams

NFC East

Eagles - McNabb
                                Cowboys - Romo (No one behind him.)
                                Giants - Strahan? Maybe Eli.
                                Redskins - Portis? Betts stepped in last year and did decent, so I'm not sure. Maybe Sean Taylor.

NFC West

Seahawks - Alexander
                                Rams - Bulger
                                49'rs - Gore
                                Cardinals - Boldin/Fitzgerald you pick.

NFC South

Saints - Brees
                                Falcons - Vick
                                Panthers - S.Smith
                                Buc's - Cadillac

AFC West

Chargers - LT
                                Chiefs - LJ
                                Broncos - Cutler or Bailey.
                                Raiders - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh??? Ashumunga? (I don't remember how to spell his name.)

AFC North

Browns - Kellen Winslow
                                Bengals - Palmer
                                Ravens - McNair (Boller is behind him... Boller...)
                                Steelers - Willie Parker

AFC South

Titans - Vince Young
                                Colts - Peyton Manning
                                Jaguars - Byron Leftwich (When healthy hes a good QB.)
                                Texans - Matt Schaub, I can't believe I'm saying that.

AFC East

Patriots - Brady
                                Jets - Pennington
                                Dolphins - Ronnie Brown
                                Bills - Losman.

People can argue for others but that's my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information