THE ONLY Super bowl thread Colts VS. Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by indyfan1985
    I think getting Sanders and Harper along with Addai and others healthy during a 2 week preparation, they should come out victorious.
    But guys on the Bears that are banged up won't get healthy? Aside from Mike Brown and Tommie Harris this is the exact same team that start all 18 games. Health isn't an issue any more, since both teams get a chance to get healthy.

sig by VLS
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe
    I don't care...

Comment

• Im going to say Colts, 27-21
      Difference Makers: Bob Sanders and Cato June.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
        Originally posted by TitleTown088
        I cannot believe hat i'm going to be forced to root for Manning and the damn Colts.
        You could always root for your beloved Bears TT.

It's ok though, you won't hurt my feelings if you root for the Colts.
        It will hurt mine, because i hate the colts . But I abhor, loath, and disfavor everything about the vile bears.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
          Originally posted by sweetness34
          Originally posted by TitleTown088
          I cannot believe hat i'm going to be forced to root for Manning and the damn Colts.
          You could always root for your beloved Bears TT.

It's ok though, you won't hurt my feelings if you root for the Colts.
          It will hurt mine, because i hate the colts . But I abhor, loath, and disfavor everything about the vile bears.
          If you didn't root for the Colts, I think I'd have to ***** slap your ass. There is no way in hell I'd ever root for the Packers to win in the regular season (well unless it helps us out) let alone the playoffs.

It's part of the rivalry man. And it's what makes it so great.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• glad to see that if the running game works Lovie isn't going to go with Rex. If that works against the Colts, Bears will win.
            On the other hand if (and I do mean: IF) Rex has a good game... who knows experience and all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              The Bears clearly have no chance.

This is the most lopsided championship game I've seen since the Tigers and Cardinals played in the World Series.

By the way, if the voting for the Colts gets over 75%, it's almost a given the Bears will then win. I pray that not a single person from ESPN picks us to win again.
              You know the game too well.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Colts 20
                Chicago 10

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Head says Colts, heart says Bears.

Like 51 has said, I want everyone in the media talking crap and not giving the Bears any credit. That was a fired-up team that spanked the Saints yesterday. Give them some more motivation. Please.

Bears 24
                  Colts 21

Comment

• Close game but ill say the bears. Devin Hester should have a good game as well as Thomas Jones. Dont count out Manning thou. He came this far and he will play his heart out.

Comment

• Close game but ill say the bears. Devin Hester should have a good game as well as Thomas Jones. Dont count out Manning thou. He came this far and he will play his heart out.

Comment

• Early call: I like the Bears in this game. It should be good. Familiarity will make this game interesting.

Matchups - Bears Offense vs. Colts defense

Familiarity should help the Bears in this instance, and the Bears defense is, no disrespect intended, better. The COlts, though, have shown that they hve been able to shore up the run D in recent weeks, and that's a big concern for the Bears. I guess an x-factor is Desmond Clark, who I believe has been a quiet playoff MVP for the BEars with his work. I wouldn't expect anything too fancy from Ron Turner to start the game. The Bears OT's are beatable, so I'd look for the game to start in the hands of Thomas JOnes and Cedric Benson, with a lot of crossing stuff worked in between. Muhsin Muhammad will be critical, along with Desmond Clark, because while the Colts secondary isn't the best, they aren't going to let you beat them deep. Will we have patient Rex? Because if we do, we can move the ball against the Colts, and we can run at them to expose 2nd tier opportunties. I wonder if we will see THomas Jones utilized in the passing game more, as he can create good matchups against the Colts LB's. Can the Bears score enough? If it's patient Rex, the answer is yes, as the run game can get established against the Colts, I think, and if Rex looks to his RB's and TE's a bit more, that will open up the one or two home runs needed.

Colts offense versus Bears defense

The key isn't really pressue, to me, it's the interior play in the trenches. As noted below, if the Bears can hold their own, a lot of different things can happen to the Bears benefit, IMO. If the Colts interior can gain a footing, that will allow the run to be established behind Addai/Rhodoes, which will open things up in the middle for Clark, and eventually open things up for Harrison/Wayne. WHile the Bears D is good, I don't think even the most ardent Bears fan would think that we would dominate the COlts offense. But the ability to stuff the run and adjust Peyton's plans will lead to increased pressure, and it could be enough to give the Bears the win. If the Colts can establish the run, the Bears D could be in for a long day.

Special Teams - I'd call it for the Bears. Kicking game is balanced, albeit Vinatieri is clutch, but Gould's been good, and the weather should be fine. The difference maker is Hester.

Coaching - Lovie Smith by a slim margin. I really like Dungy, but Lovie's shown the ability to drive the players and the gameplanning of the Bears seems to be getting better. But it's close.

X-Factor/Key focus - The Bears DT's. Odd pick for a key focus/x-factor situation. But the Bears DT's have played well of late, and they could be the crucial factor in deciding the game. If they can hold their own inside, that will help stuff contain the Colts run games. They'v had their ups and downs all year, but it seems like it's on a upswing of now. If they can hold their own, Mark ANderson, Wale, and Alex Brown can exploit the tackles of the Colts, and if Peyton is pressured, as with all QB's, his effectiveness declines. Furthermore, such action would allows the Bears back 7 to play more coverage looks or come with different schemes.

Secondary X-Factor Bears: The safety play. Everything for the Bears revolves around the defense, and while I think the DT's will be critical, the safety play is the next aspect. Chris Harris and Danieal Manning don't have to make game changing plays ... but they just can't give up game-changing plays. Keep things in front, make the tackles in front of you. If not, then the Bears could find itself in trouble.

Side comment - I think it's unfortunate Ron Rivera isn't going to get a HC job this offseason (at least, right now, it seems that way). But, this game could be his steppingstone. If he can contain the Colts offense, he'll get a good look next year based on this game alone. As noted, the DT factor is what I think is critical. If the Bears DT's are playing well, I'd like to see him drop into coverages more, perhaps using a 3-deep look and allowing versatility in the 2nd tier to matchup with the stuff across the middle the Colts use, namely, Dallas Clark. If the DT's are struggling, and subsequently, the Bears aren't getting pressure and getting exploited, I'd like to see us go to a quarters look and force Peyton to take his time downfield, and freeing up the front 7 to be more aggressive in it's base looks.

I'll think up Colts X-factors at some point.

Predicted Score: I like Peyton, and if the Bears lose, I'll be happy for Peyton. One would think that a high scoring affair favors the Colts, but I like the matchups for the Bears, and I'll take the Bears in a fairly high scoring affair, at 30-27, with Robbie Gould establishing some Vinatieri like magic. I thin familiarity means that this will either be high scoring ... or low scoring, and while the defenses are excellent, I like the chances of this being high scoring, as the Colts will score.

Comment

• this hurts, but I have to cheer hard for the Bears. I'd rather see a hated division rival win than see that useless tool, Peyton Manning ever win a superbowl.

Go Bears. :?

Comment

• BEARS will win the Superbowl 26-17!!!!

Sig by BuckNaked
                            Ravens
                            Baltimore Orioles
                            Maryland Terrapins

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe
                              this hurts, but I have to cheer hard for the Bears. I'd rather see a hated division rival win than see that useless tool, Peyton Manning ever win a superbowl.

Go Bears. :?

That makes my day.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu
                                Early call: I like the Bears in this game. It should be good. Familiarity will make this game interesting.

Matchups - Bears Offense vs. Colts defense

Familiarity should help the Bears in this instance, and the Bears defense is, no disrespect intended, better. The COlts, though, have shown that they hve been able to shore up the run D in recent weeks, and that's a big concern for the Bears. I guess an x-factor is Desmond Clark, who I believe has been a quiet playoff MVP for the BEars with his work. I wouldn't expect anything too fancy from Ron Turner to start the game. The Bears OT's are beatable, so I'd look for the game to start in the hands of Thomas JOnes and Cedric Benson, with a lot of crossing stuff worked in between. Muhsin Muhammad will be critical, along with Desmond Clark, because while the Colts secondary isn't the best, they aren't going to let you beat them deep. Will we have patient Rex? Because if we do, we can move the ball against the Colts, and we can run at them to expose 2nd tier opportunties. I wonder if we will see THomas Jones utilized in the passing game more, as he can create good matchups against the Colts LB's. Can the Bears score enough? If it's patient Rex, the answer is yes, as the run game can get established against the Colts, I think, and if Rex looks to his RB's and TE's a bit more, that will open up the one or two home runs needed.

Colts offense versus Bears defense

The key isn't really pressue, to me, it's the interior play in the trenches. As noted below, if the Bears can hold their own, a lot of different things can happen to the Bears benefit, IMO. If the Colts interior can gain a footing, that will allow the run to be established behind Addai/Rhodoes, which will open things up in the middle for Clark, and eventually open things up for Harrison/Wayne. WHile the Bears D is good, I don't think even the most ardent Bears fan would think that we would dominate the COlts offense. But the ability to stuff the run and adjust Peyton's plans will lead to increased pressure, and it could be enough to give the Bears the win. If the Colts can establish the run, the Bears D could be in for a long day.

Special Teams - I'd call it for the Bears. Kicking game is balanced, albeit Vinatieri is clutch, but Gould's been good, and the weather should be fine. The difference maker is Hester.

Coaching - Lovie Smith by a slim margin. I really like Dungy, but Lovie's shown the ability to drive the players and the gameplanning of the Bears seems to be getting better. But it's close.

X-Factor/Key focus - The Bears DT's. Odd pick for a key focus/x-factor situation. But the Bears DT's have played well of late, and they could be the crucial factor in deciding the game. If they can hold their own inside, that will help stuff contain the Colts run games. They'v had their ups and downs all year, but it seems like it's on a upswing of now. If they can hold their own, Mark ANderson, Wale, and Alex Brown can exploit the tackles of the Colts, and if Peyton is pressured, as with all QB's, his effectiveness declines. Furthermore, such action would allows the Bears back 7 to play more coverage looks or come with different schemes.

Secondary X-Factor Bears: The safety play. Everything for the Bears revolves around the defense, and while I think the DT's will be critical, the safety play is the next aspect. Chris Harris and Danieal Manning don't have to make game changing plays ... but they just can't give up game-changing plays. Keep things in front, make the tackles in front of you. If not, then the Bears could find itself in trouble.

Side comment - I think it's unfortunate Ron Rivera isn't going to get a HC job this offseason (at least, right now, it seems that way). But, this game could be his steppingstone. If he can contain the Colts offense, he'll get a good look next year based on this game alone. As noted, the DT factor is what I think is critical. If the Bears DT's are playing well, I'd like to see him drop into coverages more, perhaps using a 3-deep look and allowing versatility in the 2nd tier to matchup with the stuff across the middle the Colts use, namely, Dallas Clark. If the DT's are struggling, and subsequently, the Bears aren't getting pressure and getting exploited, I'd like to see us go to a quarters look and force Peyton to take his time downfield, and freeing up the front 7 to be more aggressive in it's base looks.

I'll think up Colts X-factors at some point.

Predicted Score: I like Peyton, and if the Bears lose, I'll be happy for Peyton. One would think that a high scoring affair favors the Colts, but I like the matchups for the Bears, and I'll take the Bears in a fairly high scoring affair, at 30-27, with Robbie Gould establishing some Vinatieri like magic. I thin familiarity means that this will either be high scoring ... or low scoring, and while the defenses are excellent, I like the chances of this being high scoring, as the Colts will score.
                                The one game I think the Bears will lose you pick them to win. We can't agree on anything.

Also, I think we lose the game from our safety play. Daniel Manning once again had a mediocre game yesterday and while Harris played better than I expected him to, both of them are very beatable. Manning can launch the ball 40 yards with a flick of his wrist, I fear the deep ball will be our downfall.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information