• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxV
    Originally posted by detroit4life
    IMO that game was very boring
    :?:

Dude this game was close throughout.

Only the Hayden INT return put it to 2-possesion game.

I know the game was sloppy, but I acctually think it added to the excitement.

2 different times teams fumble it away only to get it back on the very next play.

It was an excellent game.
    wasnt the greatest superbowl. partly because of the bears offense doing nothing other than giving the ball back to the colts with a punt or a turnover.
    Peyton Manning Fanboy
    Originally posted by Complex
    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• great game! it was close throughout, lot's of pace changes, turnovers, big runs... Great great game... not to mention my colts beat the bears!

Comment

• Wasn't that great of a superbowl to me, too many stupid turnovers.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• It wasn't a great game for me because it was too lopsided. It was always close on the score board, but Chicago did nothing on offense besides 1 big running play. Most of the game was the Colts slwoly grinding it up the field.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

• One thing of note:

We're not talking about the officiating, like we did last year. And that's a good thing.

This year's crew did a pretty good job, I can't really recall any egregious decisions. Hopefully they work SB XLII.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo
              One thing of note:

We're not talking about the officiating, like we did last year. And that's a good thing.

This year's crew did a pretty good job, I can't really recall any egregious decisions. Hopefully they work SB XLII.
              The crew this year was awesome. I think they called one holding penalty and a couple personal fouls, but that was it. Great job by them IMO.

Can't thank them enough for doing a great job in this game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                Originally posted by Geo
                One thing of note:

The crew this year was awesome. I think they called one holding penalty and a couple personal fouls, but that was it. Great job by them IMO.

then again we could act like Seahawks fans and blame the refs for losing...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                  Originally posted by sweetness34
                  Originally posted by Geo
                  One thing of note:

What ever makes you sleep at night.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston
                    Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                    Originally posted by sweetness34
                    Originally posted by Geo
                    One thing of note:

What ever makes you sleep at night.
                    I actually slept fine last night. I thought I was going to be a mess if we lost leading up to the game but I was ok. Sure I was pissed off but not as bad as I thought I'd be.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• why is this thread still here?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaddenPlayer52
                        why is this thread still here?
                        Why did you bring it back?

sig by VLS
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                        I don't care...

Comment

• The 53-yard touchdown pass from Manning to Wayne is the play that changed the game.

It put the Colts on the scoreboard for the first time, but more importantly than that, the Bears were so fearful of getting beat deep again that they essentially played coverage for the rest of the game - despite the inescapable fact that the downpour of rain favored an offensive gameplan of short passing and running the ball.

Comment

• Did you guys realize that getting a TD off the opening kickoff is a bad omen ? It happened to Ohio & Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo
                              The 53-yard touchdown pass from Manning to Wayne is the play that changed the game.

It put the Colts on the scoreboard for the first time, but more importantly than that, the Bears were so fearful of getting beat deep again that they essentially played coverage for the rest of the game - despite the inescapable fact that the downpour of rain favored an offensive gameplan of short passing and running the ball.
                              I agree with you that it was a HUGE play, but don't forget that Bears ended up answering with a TD of their own.

I think the play of the game was the PICK-6 by Kelvin Hayden.

Before that play the Bears were only down by 5 and driving.

Comment

• The Colts could fall back on the fact that the biggest reason the Bears scored their single offensive touchdown is because Thomas Jones broke a 52-yard cutback run. This season conditioned them to overcome that mistake and playing on.

This season the Bears never had to deal with the reality of an offense taking their best hit on the chin and still delivering bombs of their own in the first quarter. There wan't anything of the sort in their losses to New England and Miami, the Bears didn't come out anywhere near as strong in the MNF game against the Cardinals, and the last game of the regular season against the Packers was a fluke.

With the Wayne TD and Marvin Harrison's longest catch of the night where he burned a LB covering him across the field, the Bears all but stopped their blitzing thereafter and played it safe for the rest of the rain-soaked night, which ultimately led to Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes having the best statistical performances for the offense. And the gameplan did work in part, the Bears defense managed to limit the Colts offense to field goals instead of touchdowns, and the scoreboard indicated the game was still close in the 4th quarter.

(I actually think that Wayne might have been the most wide open a Colts wide receiver has been all year, pre-season included, on that play. Credit to him for not dropping the ball in that instance, which has happened to receivers that open and playing on that sort of stage.)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information