Pete Prisco Current player HOF chances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    i believe that he is wrong about harrison and law.harrison if not injured would still be playing strong and be on his way to hof career.i mean he already is one of the hardest hitters at the saftey position and he has the rep as the dirtiest player(which he is not).i say hes a lock.plus doesnt he have like 3 rings in like how many 5 tries.

law is like mel blount jr because they made the rule all over again about the five yard chuck because of how physical he played against the colts recievers and man handled brady.he was the best corner in his prime and the same goes to law as did harrison,if he didnt get hurt hed still be just as good.
    You can't play the "If he didn't get hurt" card when dealing with the Hall of Fame. If the player didn't produce, they shouldn't get in. No excuses. It should be a place that only the best of the best get into, not just every player that was good for a few years.

And they didn't change any rule because of Law. They simply had refs look for it more because they had been letting it go.

Rings don't and shouldn't mean anything for any position other than QB

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

That Tampa Bay defense was amazing. 5 possible Hall of Famers.

- Derrick Brooks
      - Warren Sapp
      - Ronde Barber
      - John Lynch
      - Simeon Rice
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
        You can't play the "If he didn't get hurt" card when dealing with the Hall of Fame. If the player didn't produce, they shouldn't get in. No excuses. It should be a place that only the best of the best get into, not just every player that was good for a few years.

And they didn't change any rule because of Law. They simply had refs look for it more because they had been letting it go.

Rings don't and shouldn't mean anything for any position other than QB
        well if Dawkins has a shot of getting in, then Rodney must get in. i like both players...both are great leaders, physical and fearless players

Harrison is 2 years older i believe but has only played 11 games more
        -313 more tackles
        -10.5 more sacks
        -same amount of INTs
        -2 SB rings

Dawkins has more deflections and FF

i know stats dont mean a lot to some people but theres no other way to really look at it because both have been impact players with a lot of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          That Tampa Bay defense was amazing. 5 possible Hall of Famers.

- Derrick Brooks
          - Warren Sapp
          - Ronde Barber
          - John Lynch
          - Simeon Rice
          I forgot how unbelievably talented that defense was. I mean if you add solid players like Mcfarland, Spires, and Brian Kelly around those big names, WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            I don't agree with Faneca not being a lock for Canton..

He's a top 2 G in the league.. only with Hutchinson really pushing him. In his prime he was the best. Sure his pass blocking isn't #1, but he's an All-Pro, has a ring, 6+ Pro-Bowls... oh and he was the best for... how many seasons? 4-5?
            He never even compared to Will Shields or Larry Allen, the two best guards throughout the 90's and into this decade.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
              well if Dawkins has a shot of getting in, then Rodney must get in. i like both players...both are great leaders, physical and fearless players

Harrison is 2 years older i believe but has only played 11 games more
              -313 more tackles
              -10.5 more sacks
              -same amount of INTs
              -2 SB rings

Dawkins has more deflections and FF

i know stats dont mean a lot to some people but theres no other way to really look at it because both have been impact players with a lot of heart.
              i think harrison should go in, but u have to remember, Dawkins is a FS Harrison is a SS, to completly different positions, the chagers us to have him up in the box a lot so he was able to make a lot of tackles/TFL/sacks, while dawkins is best at pass coverage/disrupting the ballcarrier or catcher. I think they're both 1st/2nd, but i still think Monk needs to go in the HoF before anyone else does.

Comment

What's Prisco's grudge against Orlando Pace? He doesn't put him in the top 6 tackles and now he's on the bubble for the hall of fame?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  What's Prisco's grudge against Orlando Pace? He doesn't put him in the top 6 tackles and now he's on the bubble for the hall of fame?
                  Its your birthday, and you can cry if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                    Its your birthday, and you can cry if you want to.
                    If it helps, I don't even like Orlando Pace. I'm just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      If it helps, I don't even like Orlando Pace. I'm just saying.

I was trying to bring up your apparent birthday actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        I forgot how unbelievably talented that defense was. I mean if you add solid players like Mcfarland, Spires, and Brian Kelly around those big names, WOW.
                        Shelton Quarles too. Dwight Smith was a good player. Insane defense.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                          I was trying to bring up your apparent birthday actually.
                          I'm sorry, thanks.

Anyways, one more problem I have is saying Fred Taylor needs more work. I just don't honestly see Fred Taylor in the HOF at all, as good as he's been. Same with Keenan McCardell.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

No to Zach Thomas!?!?!?!?

Orlando Pace on the bubble?!?!?!?

Comment

Mike Strahan, DE, New York Giants
                              Decision: Welcome to Canton.
                              He's been a dominant player for a long time, but is he in the Bruce Smith-Reggie White class? He's not, but he's the all-time sack leader. Plus, the media likes him. He'll get in.
                              Uhhh, what?

Comment

It says about McNabb, "but has he ever been the best in the NFL?", its kinda hard to do that with Manning and Brady also in the league at the same time. But I agree, he still needs more work, and hopefully a SB ring. That would help Dawk too but I think he has a better chance than Donovan right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information