No announcement yet.

Pete Prisco Current player HOF chances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think this is one of the best articles Prisco has ever done. People take for granted how freakin' hard it is to get into the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Not even a mention of Bryant Young? I know he probably won't make it, but he at least deserves a mention...

Comment

I'd think Adam Vinatieri is a lock for the Hall of Fame.. One of the most, if not THE most clutch kicker of all time, has Superbowl Winning kicks.. What more could you ask for?

Comment

Seriously, does Walter Jones pay Prisco to hype him up and put down Pace? Best OL for the last 7 years? Are you kidding me?

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Oh boy..another person that knows that Zach Thomas doesn't have a chance in hell of making the HOF. Maybe a few 100 more and Dolphins fans will start listening to me.

I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF. Either way as long as he stays healthy he's in.

I don't see Issac Bruce as a HOF lock at all. Is he borderline? Sure. But he hasn't been the best WR on his own team in many many years and at no point was he ever the best offensive player on his team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I'm sorry, thanks.

Anyways, one more problem I have is saying Fred Taylor needs more work. I just don't honestly see Fred Taylor in the HOF at all, as good as he's been. Same with Keenan McCardell.
              Agreed...at this point in their careers the work they could have done is well past them. They are both no chance in hells either.

Comment

It's also funny that Prisco notes in his other story that Kruetz is and has been the best center in the league for years, but he's not on his list. I realize that he doesn't have a great shot at making it, few interior linemen do, but come on...he's been the best for quite some time, at least put him on the list.

Comment

Edgerrin James, RB, Arizona Cardinals
                  Decision: Needs more work.
                  He's over 10,000 yards, but I still think he needs more work. He better hope 2006 was an aberration and was more about the Cardinals' line than his abilities.
                  Edge is getting in. Before moving to the desert, he was breaking Jim Brown's yards from scrimmage per game record. He won the rushing title his first two years in the league, which is ridiculous, and was on his way to a third (and maybe even fourth) consecutive title - tremendous HOF territory - if he hadn't suffered his knee injury in 2001.

With 1000 more yards, he moves into 13th all-time in rushing yards. As he stands now, with 10385 career rushing yards, he needs 1859 to break into the Top 10 in NFL history.

He's easily among the best pass protecting RBs to have played the game, one of the best all-purpose backs of his era, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have the best winning percentage among RBs since Roger Craig.

Orlando Pace, T, St. Louis Rams
                  Decision: On the bubble.
                  He wasn't as good as Ogden and he's not as good as Jones. But he's been a heck of a player for a long time.
                  Is Prisco high? Pace in his prime was better than Ogden. Jones? LOL.

Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts
                  Decision: On the bubble.
                  It's tough to get kickers into the Hall, but his clutch kicking for the Patriots, helping them to three Super Bowl victories, will help. Also, he's far from done.
                  He's in. And Vinatieri was the most clutch member of the Pats dynasty.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF.
                    Don't you have to win one MVP before you can win 2? I think you're referring to DPOY.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Oh boy..another person that knows that Zach Thomas doesn't have a chance in hell of making the HOF. Maybe a few 100 more and Dolphins fans will start listening to me.

I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF. Either way as long as he stays healthy he's in.

I don't see Issac Bruce as a HOF lock at all. Is he borderline? Sure. But he hasn't been the best WR on his own team in many many years and at no point was he ever the best offensive player on his team.
                      Using Prisco to support your Zach Thomas argument isn't going to persuade anyone, it might in fact hurt your argument.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

It's also funny that Prisco notes in his other story that Kruetz is and has been the best center in the league for years, but he's not on his list. I realize that he doesn't have a great shot at making it, few interior linemen do, but come on...he's been the best for quite some time, at least put him on the list.
                        Kruetz has been the best center for about three years, 4 at most. The guy who was better than him the other years, Mawae, Prisco says no way. If a center playing right now gets in other than Mawae, it would definitely be Kruetz, but when he says Mawae has no chance I don't see how he could even mention Kruetz.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

This article is pretty much head on except for Orlando Pace.

People forget how much of a backlog there is for players waiting to get in. It's not going to get any better unless the NFLHOF raise the number of maximum inductees to a class.

Comment

Hes good but not great, I think I read that every other line.

Comment

I don't think any present day linemen, maybe excluding Ogden and maybe somebody else I'm forgetting should be in before Russ Grimm.... I mean, the Hogs were one of the most dominate lines ever and not one is in the hall yet.

Comment

Ty Law in '03 was every bit as good as Champ Bailey was last year. It's amazing how people forget things with time. Champ Bailey is only the best corner because Ty Law and Patrick Surtain got old, and no one else has arisen. Back in '03 it was those two, not Bailey, who were generally regarded as the best corners.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information