Pete Prisco Current player HOF chances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Ty Law in '03 was every bit as good as Champ Bailey was last year. It's amazing how people forget things with time. Champ Bailey is only the best corner because Ty Law and Patrick Surtain got old, and no one else has arisen. Back in '03 it was those two, not Bailey, who were generally regarded as the best corners.
    Yea I don't see how Law doesn't get in. He was the elite CB for a long time and has both the numbers and the post season accomplishments.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
      Yea I don't see how Law doesn't get in. He was the elite CB for a long time and has both the numbers and the post season accomplishments.
      I would put him in based on being the only player who owns Peyton Manning.

In Kansas City's 2006 playoff loss against the Indianapolis Colts, Law intercepted 2 passes from Peyton Manning. This set the NFL postseason record for most postseason interceptions (5) ever recorded by one player against one quarterback. “I told Ty after the game that I would be glad to introduce him at the Hall of Fame. I could do the introduction for him,” Manning said. “One of the reporters asked me if I was going to invite Ty Law to dinner. Well, I think he should invite me to dinner. That would be more appropriate.”
      Peyton Manning, the consensus top QB of this era, thinks Ty Law is a slam dunk Hall of Fame player.

Comment

He also owned Dan Marino.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

i wonder what he would say about jerome

probably. "not in" or "on the bubble"

haha

Comment

If it were up to me, I would only put in players that were the best at their positions for at least one year. Players like Curtis Martin will get in, for accumulative production, though I personally don't think that should be the case. Players should be evaluated by dominance first, longevity second.

Comment

I love Ward coming in here, negative repping me and yet doesn't even post himself. You want proof Ward, read the article! I said his analysis was pretty much right on, where's your proof it isn't?!?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                I love Ward coming in here, negative repping me and yet doesn't even post himself. You want proof Ward, read the article! I said his analysis was pretty much right on, where's your proof it isn't?!?
                at first i thought u were talkin to me
                haha

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Don't you have to win one MVP before you can win 2? I think you're referring to DPOY.
                  Defensive players almost never win the MVP due to general ignorance and hype amongst the media, so the DPOY is the MVP for the defensive side of the ball.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    Kruetz has been the best center for about three years, 4 at most. The guy who was better than him the other years, Mawae, Prisco says no way. If a center playing right now gets in other than Mawae, it would definitely be Kruetz, but when he says Mawae has no chance I don't see how he could even mention Kruetz.
                    While that may be, I don't see how someone like Faneca, who has never been the best at his position and still plays on the interior line, can be considered on the bubble. Guards and Centers go under basically the same criteria.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Faneca was definitely in the argument for the best OG in the league for a few years, but he is in the same boat as Kruetz that both were top interior guys for a short time but it probably won't be enough to get them in. Eh, then again we're trying to reason something Prisco wrote, so there probably is no reason to it.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Why even throw Kurt Warner's name out there??? Everyone knows he's nowhere near HOF caliber

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Still waiting...............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

LOL, I love Ward coming in here, positive repping me and yet he doesn't even post himself. You want proof BigDawg, read any article by Pete Prisco. The guy is an absolute d-bag that likes to create rankings and lists to prove his stupidity and piss off his audience.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              LOL, I love Ward coming in here, positive repping me and yet he doesn't even post himself. You want proof BigDawg, read any article by Pete Prisco. The guy is an absolute d-bag that likes to create rankings and lists to prove his stupidity and piss off his audience.
                              I agree that most of his stuff is garbage, but for the most part his analysis on these players is right on. Put aside your hatred for the guy and then look at it again. He's right on with his predictions about Hall chances.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I agree that most of his stuff is garbage, but for the most part his analysis on these players is right on. Put aside your hatred for the guy and then look at it again. He's right on with his predictions about Hall chances.
                                I didn't bother to look, I never feel accomplished after reading his articles. I wasn't really arguing with you, just laughing at the situation.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information