No announcement yet.

The Game That Made You a Fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a fan forever. No specific game I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
      The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)

I hate you.

Comment

I was pretty much born obsessed with the cowboys. Dad and grandfather were both Cowboys fans. Before I was even in kindergarten I could name a lot of the starters, my room was covered in Cowboys stuff all through my school years, and I always pretended I was Aikman playing football in grade school.

Comment

Originally posted by fryman View Post
          I was pretty much born obsessed with the cowboys. Dad and grandfather were both Cowboys fans. Before I was even in kindergarten I could name a lot of the starters, my room was covered in Cowboys stuff all through my school years, and I always pretended I was Aikman playing football in grade school.

Yeah I was a Cowboy fan too, not sure why I live in Minnesota, sometime between then and now I crossed over to the Vikings.

Comment

The 94 Superbowl made me the homer you see before you..

Comment

Mine was actually the Packers superbowl loss to the Broncos. I remember the Packers win, but I was too young to be much of a fan. Man, what a difference a year can make.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

It was 1996 and I was 7.

The Jaguars were 8-7 and, due to events during the day, were still able to get into the playoffs if they won against the moribund Atlanta Falcons (then 3-12). But the Falcons seemed to want to end the season with a bang, wishing to crush this fragile team's dreams.

The score was 19-17. The clock had just a few seconds left. Morten Anderson, one of the greatest kickers of all time, was queuing up for a 40 yard kick.

I was crying.

And he slipped... and he missed.

Afterwards, the Jaguars had their great run of '96, beating Jim Kelly's Bills and John Elway's Broncos (who were then the favorites to win the Super Bowl).

That one moment was both the worst and the best of my life.

Comment

Super Bowl XXXVIII: New England Patriots - Carolina Panthers

The first game I saw.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Christ I feel old. You guys are all a bunch of kids. I'm not even going to answer the question because I don't want to be the only guy talking about a game from the early 80's.
                    "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
                      Christ I feel old. You guys are all a bunch of kids. I'm not even going to answer the question because I don't want to be the only guy talking about a game from the early 80's.
                      Yeah, the majority of the posters on here are no older than college students

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Why do you like Football?

Seattle Sports baby!

Shaun Alexander, Lofa Tatupu, Matt Hasselbeck, Kevin Durant and Ichiro Suzuki are all gods!

Comment

rookie in here vet in life

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Ah the hell with it. If I had to narrow if down the game that made me an NFL fan was the 1980 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Chargers. I really liked Dan Fouts and the Air Coreal teams. Too bad they couldn't pull of the win.

Buncha whippersnappers.

My Grandfather

Comment

Ah the hell with it. If I had to narrow if down the game that made me an NFL fan was the 1980 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Chargers. I really liked Dan Fouts and the Air Coreal teams. Too bad they couldn't pull of the win.

Buncha whippersnappers.
                              HAHA! You are old!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                HAHA! You are old!
                                Normally I'd say its all relative, but after reading through this thread I'm feeling really old.

My Grandfather

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information