The Game That Made You a Fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game That Made You a Fan

The first Cowboys game that I acutally paid attention and really enjoyed was Superbowl XXVVII. The Boy's put a whooping on the Bills 52-17. I can vividly remember the touch down pass from Aikman to Irvin, where he dives in for the score. I was 6 or 7 at the time, but since that day It's been the Cowboys all te way.

I also remember Michael Jackson's halftime performance. It was pretty good actually.

Originally posted by Paul View Post
    The first Cowboys game that I acutally paid attention and really enjoyed was Superbowl XXVVII. The Boy's put a whooping on the Bills 52-17. I can vividly remember the touch down pass from Aikman to Irvin, where he dives in for the score. I was 6 or 7 at the time, but since that day It's been the Cowboys all te way.

I also remember Michael Jackson's halftime performance. It was pretty good actually.
    Well I don't remember what game made me a fan, but I sure know what post made me hate Paul. :(
    Last edited by SuperMcGee; 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I just grew into becoming a fan. My first game though was a preseason game vs. Carolina. I think we ended up winning.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)

Comment

I had always kinda liked the Bengals being from the area and liked Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott and Ashley Ambrose, I had even been to games before but the one that really got me hooked was in '98.

I think it was @ Pittsburgh and in the last minute Neil freaking O'Donnell marched the team down to the red zone and with I believe under 20 seconds left he did a fake spike TD pass to Carl Pickens. I still remember that game like it was yesterday, I think we only won 3 or 4 games that year LOL.

Comment

Tecmo Super Bowl. Cousin was the Niners, Brother was the Bills and My cousins friend was the Eagles and I was just little and My cousin told me to be the Vikings and thats how i became a vikings fan. But my most remembered game was the Vikings beating the bills like 34-13 in Buffalo probably because i was there.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
              The catch Antonio Freeman made against the Vikings(In overtime?) to win the game, first ever game i watched(didnt even know what football was lol)
              That was like three years ago.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Green Bay winning the Super Bowl...

Comment

No game, my first Bobby Hebert jersey at the age of 3 made me a fan. Hell I was raised to be a Saints fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                    That was like three years ago.
                    i believe that was 2000, or 01. i only found out about it my fresh year when my friend, whos playing at Cal, told me to come out for try outs at Mission. I wouldnt be in it if it wasnt for him. Besides i only liked Hockey, fast paced hard hiting, no shot clocks. Go Penguins, but i hated it when they cancelled the season, still trying to get over that

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post

HAHAAH im a bills fan and that game is what made me a fan of the bills.... and hate the cowboys....

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

The first game I remember is the 1995 AFC Championship Game. I prefer the memories of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I haven't been a Sports Follower for a long, long time.. I'd casually watch, but not follow.. I think I started following it around the time Marty Morningweg took the wind in Overtime.. and got more into it after we drafted Charles Rogers, and became a fan in his first game, when he caught two TD passes.. Unfortunately, Anquan Boldin kicked our ass that game..

At least, I think that's how it went for me..

Comment

1996 Raiders @ Ravens, inaugaral(spelling?) game of the Ravens history and we won, and I've been hooked ever since. I would have been a fan earlier but my town's team was stolen from us.
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

SB XXXI fer ta win

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information