Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you guys are moving Huff to FS?

Comment

I think it was to move Huff back to FS...im not sure what the depth chart said, but I seen Michael Huff recently in Irving, Tx at a 24 hr fitness, and he said they had him at SS, playing majority in the box, not back at FS playing centerfield....

so maybe the signing has something to do with trying to move Huff back, because darius is better suited playing up close...im glad, because i really want to see Huff do well, and having him playing up close near the line is not his style of play at all, and he didnt have to do those things at UT

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        so you guys are moving Huff to FS?
        There is no set free safety in Oakland's defense. There is only left and right safties, and their actions are determined by how the offense lines up.

Comment

I feel like part of this signing is to allow Ryan to move Huff around and take advantage of his versatility because a guy like Huff can do a lot of things, he has the speed and athleticism to play man coverage on WRs, he can play as a deep safety, he cover TEs, he can function as in the box safety...

Comment

Jimmy Williams > Michael Huff

Homerism. But it really didn't seem too unreasonable until late in the draft process. Jimmy is also going to play FS this year (moving from CB).
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I guess Carolina is content with Nate Salley.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who? Lol.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  I guess Carolina is content with Nate Salley.
                  yeah I thought Carolina was a good fit. I cant believe they havent gone after safety help....

Comment

I can't say I agree with this at all. The Raiders are in the middle of rebuilding and they already had a solid safety play. Why waste the money on a guy who might not be around when the Raiders will have improved significantly enough to make some real noise around the league?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      Who? Lol.
                      The mediocre player that will be exposed by our division repeatedly and help prevent Carolina from winning the division, as they insist they will.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        I can't say I agree with this at all. The Raiders are in the middle of rebuilding and they already had a solid safety play. Why waste the money on a guy who might not be around when the Raiders will have improved significantly enough to make some real noise around the league?
                        well its not much money and its a short term deal...I dont think we needed him but if the Raiders believe he can help us this year, it makes sense, it wont hurt our long term plans. As far as money concerns, we need to sign Asomugha and Burgess to extensions but I dont see us going after high profile FAs of any sort in the near future. And I dont think the Darius signing will get in the way of resigning those guys.

Comment

Hellooooo this is because LT destroys them every year. "None of the #1 pass defense in the NFL" can do a thing about that.

Comment

hmmm

Sapp/Burgess are great leaders on defense but I don't think they are going to help the secondary progress all that much. I personally think this is a great signing. We don't need Darius from a talent standpoint, but I think the intangibles he brings and his ability to stop the run will help us a ton this year. I don't think you can deny that he will have a positive impact on all the young players in our secondary, both on and off the field.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                              I wonder what kind of deal Darius got, anyone know?
                              3 year $7 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2931931

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Stuart Schweigert: future Vikings' starter.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information