No announcement yet.

Raiders sign Donovin Darius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woooo hoooo! Schweigy can learn a thing or two from this guy, mainly how to hit and not get bowled over at the moment of impact.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      advise...go kill yourself
      Notice the "Homerism".
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I don't know if this signing necessarily indicates that Darius will start. I think there will be a rotation going on here. Perhaps in the nickel, theyll come out with 3 safeties, who knows.

I like this signing. Darius might not have much left in the tank, but at the very least he provides adequate depth (which is never a bad thing) and leadership to a young defense. He's gonna teach these young guys how to play, how to handle the offseason, and think like winners, and thats a big reason why they got him. Young teams need leadership, and adding a classy veteran to mix is not a bad thing.

The Raiders are gonna be a very curious team next year. I still don't have much faith in their offense, but if they can provide at least some help, this team should improve. If Gallery doesn't make a serious commitment to getting back in shape and working on his technique, don't hold out hope of him ever turning it around, whether its LT, RT, or even OG.

Comment

I can see this signing made especially for the nickel formations.. maybe give Huff some play at Nickel CB, have Darius and Schweigert at safeties. In run situations, I'd guess we'd take Stu out and have Darius in, moving him near the box, while having Huff back there.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            I can't say I agree with this at all. The Raiders are in the middle of rebuilding and they already had a solid safety play. Why waste the money on a guy who might not be around when the Raiders will have improved significantly enough to make some real noise around the league?
            probably because behind our starters theres no depth.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

the DD signing gave us some quality depth behind our starters, which was needed badly because we have a lot of young guys with no experience behind Stu and Huff. Colin Branch and Cooper are special teamers all the way and BJ Ward is alright. Frampton and Bing are very young, so this is a great signing and gives Rob Ryan a lot to play with while scheming. Most likely, DD will be used in a similar role as Derrick Gibson from last year, coming in as a 4th LB pretty much on obvious running downs.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                the DD signing gave us some quality depth behind our starters, which was needed badly because we have a lot of young guys with no experience behind Stu and Huff. Colin Branch and Cooper are special teamers all the way and BJ Ward is alright. Frampton and Bing are very young, so this is a great signing and gives Rob Ryan a lot to play with while scheming. Most likely, DD will be used in a similar role as Derrick Gibson from last year, coming in as a 4th LB pretty much on obvious running downs.
                You mean the year before last since Gibson hardly played last year other than special teams and sometimes on goal line situations.
                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                Originally posted by Complex
                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

gibson saw some time on 1st and 2nd downs last year, not as much from the year before but i think we all got the point i was trying to make.

Comment

so who is gonna get the ax now because were not carry Huff, Stu, Darius, Cooper, Branch, Ward, Bing and Frampton all onto our roster even though I like all of them. I think a couple of them, maybe Bing and Frampton will go to the practice squad, or Bing could get moved back to LB. Ward I expect will get cut, and maybe Branch too. I see Cooper as untouchable because of what he does on ST, so I figure Huff, Stu, Darius and Cooper are all near locks to be on the roster but its possible we could take 5 on the roster which opens it up for someone like Branch, Bing, Frampton, Ward....its gonna be who shows the most in training camp and preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                      so who is gonna get the ax now because were not carry Huff, Stu, Darius, Cooper, Branch, Ward, Bing and Frampton all onto our roster even though I like all of them. I think a couple of them, maybe Bing and Frampton will go to the practice squad, or Bing could get moved back to LB. Ward I expect will get cut, and maybe Branch too. I see Cooper as untouchable because of what he does on ST, so I figure Huff, Stu, Darius and Cooper are all near locks to be on the roster but its possible we could take 5 on the roster which opens it up for someone like Branch, Bing, Frampton, Ward....its gonna be who shows the most in training camp and preseason.
                      FS - Huff, Stu
                      SS - Darius, Bing
                      ST - Cooper
                      PS - Frampton

Comment

this signing just became much clearer...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=94152&spln=1

huff is going to play nickelback on passing downs instead of the horrid mistake routt....

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                          Bing has already been moved back to LB. C'mon Champ!

I Cant wait to see Double D laying licks in the silver and black. What a hog.
                          Last edited by locseti; 07-16-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                            this signing just became much clearer...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=94152&spln=1

huff is going to play nickelback on passing downs instead of the horrid mistake routt....
                            The article says Schweigy will get the fewest snaps of all the safety's. Ryan finally came to his senses.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti View Post
                              Bing has already been moved back to LB. C'mon Champ!
                              Last I saw he was wearing number 29 and playing safety at the minicamps.

Comment

Huff as Nickeback on nickel packages sounds good to me, it should make that package a lot stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information