No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why I hate the AFC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone explain why I hate the AFC?

I will start this out by saying that I hate 31 footballs teams in the NFL so it's not that I like more teams in the NFC. I'm also aware that I'm a fan of a NFC team, but I just find myself so uninterested with the AFC. WE all know the " AFC is the much superior conference" , but I just don't like one thing about it. What would cause this?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    I will start this out by saying that I hate 31 footballs teams in the NFL so it's not that I like more teams in the NFC. I'm also aware that I'm a fan of a NFC team, but I just find myself so uninterested with the AFC. WE all know the " AFC is the much superior conference" , but I just don't like one thing about it. What would cause this?
    I think its your NFC roots. I have the same feeling.

Comment

Maybe because the AFC always wins the Super Bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        I think its your NFC roots. I have the same feeling.
        well i have always been a bills fan... and i hate the AFC... My favorite team is in there... but i like more teams then in the NFC... maybe its because NFC teams are not in between me and the playoffs everyyear... but that is why i think i hate the AFC

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          Maybe because the AFC always wins the Super Bowl?
          As of late yes, but I have always hated the AFC, even when the NFC dominated winning it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

Comment

just an illogical grudge? I dont see how you can say the AFC is uninteresting, theyre playing professional football arent they? and weve had some great games over in the AFC and intense rivarlies over recent years. If anything, it would seem one might be uninterested in the NFC because the AFC championship game is essentialy the superbowl it seems, at last the last 2 years were like that IMO...The Eagles and Panthers teams that lost to the Pats were damn good.

Comment

As of late yes, but I have always hated the AFC, even when the NFC dominated winning it.
              I was just joking because you said you hate the "AFC is the much superior conference" comments.

Anyways, my favorite team is in the AFC (Browns) second favorite is the Saints and they're an NFC team, I don't dislike either conference.

Comment

b/c your ***

Comment

Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

i read ur first post and figured that u explained it all right there....whats left to say?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Is it that Brett Favre does not play in the AFC?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Actually I hate the AFC because outside of the Steelers and Browns there really aren't any teams with strong historical roots (before any Raiders or Dolphins fans start ******** bricks I said HISTORICAL). The teams that founded the NFL like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins are all in the NFC.

As a far of the Packers and a bit of a throwback, I'm guessing that would be part of the reason why.

Plus I was just never a fan of the AFL (ya know..back when I was negative 20 years old). Too gimmicky, too many hokey logos. The NFC is the conference of tradition. Sure the NFC South and West are the exception, but mostly I ignore them anyway.
                        Yeah, I'm thinking that's the reason too. There is very little tradition in the AFC. That, and the fact Manning plays in the AFC.
                        Last edited by TitleTown088; 07-10-2007, 10:09 PM.

they get smoked.

Comment

I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            I think it has something to do with the underdog factor. I am sick of hearing how great the AFC is, and how much better than the NFC it is. I root for the NFC, whenever possible.
                            Word, sir.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Even though theyre not as old as the Bears teams like the 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots...and the list can go on have plenty of tradition. Tradition is not measured by how many years youve been in the NFL. You guys are being pretty ridiculous but I guess you realize that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information