Freeney Signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
    The only player who has ever been able to stop a healthy Dwight Freeney consistently is Orlando Pace. Enough said.
    were not talking about this year or past years though brown... were meanign in 3 year he prolly wont be worth this... do you recall how fast KGB declined... it was epic!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

this is sweet, my aunt is now the travel agent of the highest paid defender in NFL history!!!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
        I asked if you'd ever seen him play his gap, not your opinion about Freeney's style of play, or to whom you think he compares. Would you like to answer the question now?
        He never plays his gap. He goes after the QB every play. Hence his low tackle numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          The only player who has ever been able to stop a healthy Dwight Freeney consistently is Orlando Pace. Enough said.
          For a half. After the false start in the 3rd quarter, Pace was toast. Really, the OT who has stopped Freeney the best since Roaf retired is Levi Jones.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
            He never plays his gap. He goes after the QB every play. Hence his low tackle numbers...
            Again, you avoid the question instead of answering it. You're blaming him for doing what he's asked to do in the scheme. Now, would you please ANSWER the question?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
              were not talking about this year or past years though brown... were meanign in 3 year he prolly wont be worth this... do you recall how fast KGB declined... it was epic!
              Yes, because 6'1" 268 and 6'4" 247 players are built so similarly...

Comment

Again, you avoid the question instead of answering it. You're blaming him for doing what he's asked to do in the scheme. Now, would you please ANSWER the question?
                I haven't seen him ever play his gap and make a solid run tackle, no. At least not off the top of my head. How would I remember such an insignificant play out of all the plays I've seen? This is all irrelevant anyway. He's one-dimensional, a liability against the run, and now extremely overpaid.

Comment

Have you ever actually watched him play his gap, or are you judging him based on highlights in which he's normally asked to take the outside route, abandon his gap, and try to sack the QB?
                  i've seen him try to be the tazmanian devil plenty of times and get shut down

he doesnt play run either.

Comment

When healthy he is still the most dominant pass rusher in the NFL. Good job by the Colts, definitely a necessary move.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      I haven't seen him ever play his gap and make a solid run tackle, no. At least not off the top of my head. How would I remember such an insignificant play out of all the plays I've seen? This is all irrelevant anyway. He's one-dimensional, a liability against the run, and now extremely overpaid.
                      Well if you've never seen him play his gap, how can you say he's a one-dimensional player? As I've told you many times, when he's asked to play his gap, he does well at it, either maintaining contain on his gap and forcing the RB to another, or making a play on the ballcarrier. You can't blame a player for doing what he's asked to do within a scheme, and most times, Freeney is asked to abandon his gap and go after the QB from the edge, which is why the draw play to his gap works well most of the time. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's not a very knowledgeable one.

Comment

A designated pass rusher who only got 6 sacks (5.5 to be exact) doesnt deserve all that money

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          A designated pass rusher who only got 6 sacks (5.5 to be exact) doesnt deserve all that money
                          especially when 3 of those came in 1 game where both their Tackles were injured

Comment

The contract is too big and too long, I agree. But to say he's not good is just idiotic. First of all, he played most of the year through injury. Second, he CONSTANTLY takes on double and tripple teams. If a team puts just a tackle on him (and its not Pace) the QB is going to get sacked 2 or 3 times and probably fumble 1 of them. Opposing teams have to use TEs on his side and FBs all the time, a defensive player who demands 2 to 3 blockers on every passing play is worth some bank, but again probably too high a price for too long of a period, he should have been tagged repeatedly, atleast there wouldn't have been risk involved then.

Comment

oh and half the colts message board said 10 mill per year is too much for Dwight(they like him and all, blah blah blah but not for that much). 12 mill per year..thats way too much

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                                When the QB has a pocket to step into on most every play thanks to mediocre at best DT play, a DE who rushes mainly from the edge isn't going to get many sacks. He still had one of the highest totals of pressures in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information