Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeney Signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Merriman's going to be the highest paid player in the league one day.

    Comment


    • #32
      I don't like this. I cannot imagine Dwight Freeney to continue being productive in the NFL for too much longer. He game is predicated on speed, when he gets towards his thirties he won't have it. He will be dominated if he cannot blow past his opponents.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
        Yes, because 6'1" 268 and 6'4" 247 players are built so similarly...
        okay im not trying to take away from freeney... he is a great player... but im saying is pass rushers usually drop off... and once freeneys speed and jump start to slow down wiht his age... he will slow down and not be nearly as affective.. compared to a guy that is maybe 6'5 280 who will always be able to play the run.. he is smaller and a pass rush specialist. they have shorter life spans in the L compared to guys built like strahan or kampman

        Sig By Diehardvikingfan

        Comment


        • #34
          way too much money for Freeney

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
            okay im not trying to take away from freeney... he is a great player... but im saying is pass rushers usually drop off... and once freeneys speed and jump start to slow down wiht his age... he will slow down and not be nearly as affective.. compared to a guy that is maybe 6'5 280 who will always be able to play the run.. he is smaller and a pass rush specialist. they have shorter life spans in the L compared to guys built like strahan or kampman
            Freeney: 6'1" 268
            Strahan: 6'5" 255
            Kampman: 6'4" 270

            Good point you have there though.


            The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

            If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

            <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              Freeney: 6'1" 268
              Strahan: 6'5" 255
              Kampman: 6'4" 270

              Good point you have there though.
              Listed heights are weights are rarely even close to accurate. Aside from that, they're not important really in this debate. Freeney is a pure-speed player with one or two moves. Strahan is one of the most versatile DEs in the league with a plethora of pass rush moves and he's good against the run. Kampman is more power-based but his speed is decent for his size and he has good technique and plays the run EXTREMELY well. Freeney is a one-trick pony.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                Listed heights are weights are rarely even close to accurate. Aside from that, they're not important really in this debate. Freeney is a pure-speed player with one or two moves. Strahan is one of the most versatile DEs in the league with a plethora of pass rush moves and he's good against the run. Kampman is more power-based but his speed is decent for his size and he has good technique and plays the run EXTREMELY well. Freeney is a one-trick pony.
                I'll trust the NFL to accurately list player heights and weights much more quickly than I'll trust your opinion on Freeney. His argument was Freeney's build will impede him later on in his career, which, given his height and weight in comparison to the heights and weights of most DEs in the NFL, isn't true at all.


                The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                Comment


                • #38
                  As a Colts fan, the impact Dwight Freeney provides to the rest of the DL is simply extravagant. Robert Mathis is a nice "Robin" to Freeney's "Batman" but if you watched the Denver game you would've seen the coverage Freeney got (double, once I saw a near-triple) and he frees up Mathis and occasionally Josh Thomas.

                  To be fair, how many times did teams run on the Colts? If I recall, most RBs tended to go to the weakside with Brock-Mathis and Cato June's direction. Watch the Jacksonville game, his tackle numbers were low just because team's ran to June it seemed.

                  Is he the greatest player? NO. But given how he had an arch injury (as well as a buttock one early on) he did OK.

                  I can DEFINITELY see Moses view on this. Freeney isn't a Kampman or a Strahan (or even an Aaron Smith--different D though) but he still makes a highly positive impact on the Colts.

                  I want to see Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders retained more than Freeney, IMO. But seeing Freeney in Colts Blue long - term makes me happy. Now let's hope Quinn Pitcock can eventually succeed Raheem Brock at UT.
                  Is that a rash?



                  Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Don't get me wrong. Freeney is a great player. I just don't see how this move is going to help the Colts in the longterm. Of course, I bet it's backloaded and he'll likely get cut if he begins to KGB it.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      Freeney: 6'1" 268
                      Strahan: 6'5" 255
                      Kampman: 6'4" 270

                      Good point you have there though.
                      k the hieghts are not what im talking about!.... they play the run better... so they last longer... so you could say because freeney is only that big his productive career may be shorter...

                      Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        30 million dollars for him!??!!!?!!! Wow they grossly overpaid.....

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Regardless of the money or what other people think it was a necessary move by the Colts if they want to have a chance at a title while Peyton is the quarterback.


                          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Regardless of the money or what other people think it was a necessary move by the Colts if they want to have a chance at a title while Peyton is the quarterback.
                            ya he is a good player now.. and if they want to repeat or win one in the next two years he is needed...

                            Sig By Diehardvikingfan

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Regardless of the money or what other people think it was a necessary move by the Colts if they want to have a chance at a title while Peyton is the quarterback.
                              Freeney does not deserve the money a QB deserves, no way no how. This contract will haunt the Colts for years to come.

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I trust Polian and Co. to have made this deal with some escape clause. Minus the atrocity that was the Corey Simon deal (which I think they learned from), Polian has done great since Manning was drafted.

                                It is most likely heavily prorated, now there will be the signing of Gonzo, Ugoh and Hughes.
                                Is that a rash?



                                Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information