Freeney Signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
    I trust Polian and Co. to have made this deal with some escape clause. Minus the atrocity that was the Corey Simon deal (which I think they learned from), Polian has done great since Manning was drafted.

It is most likely heavily prorated, now there will be the signing of Gonzo, Ugoh and Hughes.
    "Freeney will receive $37.72 million over the first three years of the contract. In doing the deal, the Colts will save $3.68 million of salary-cap room that they can use to keep other players whose contracts are expiring. The Colts had $3.4 million of cap room before reaching agreement with Freeney."

Thats from ESPN.com, like I said this contract is going to haunt them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

what are you haters talking about? Freeney is one of the most game-changing defenders in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        "Freeney will receive $37.72 million over the first three years of the contract. In doing the deal, the Colts will save $3.68 million of salary-cap room that they can use to keep other players whose contracts are expiring. The Colts had $3.4 million of cap room before reaching agreement with Freeney."

Thats from ESPN.com, like I said this contract is going to haunt them.
        Ah thanks for the specifics.

I am still confident in Freeney, he did have an off year last year (due to the horrible run-D amongst other injuries) but if he can revert to 2005 form, I'll definitely like this deal.

Now it's rookie time.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          When the QB has a pocket to step into on most every play thanks to mediocre at best DT play, a DE who rushes mainly from the edge isn't going to get many sacks. He still had one of the highest totals of pressures in the league.
          I thought thats what the spin move was for, the inside move. Besides, if he abandons his gap against a running QB it leaves an open lane for the qb to run through.

Freeney is not only a one dimension player, but he is a one dimensional pass rusher when compared to other elite DE's Peppers, Strahan, Smith, Taylor all have great inside moves to compliment an edge rush. Give me DE like Peppers who from time to time gets a tackle and a guard blocking him over a tackle and te or rb combo.

Comment

Thats why pass rushers like merriman who have more than a spin...
            ...and more than one syringes of HGH...

Anyway, good move for both parties. You can talk about the money all you want, but the Colts need Dwight Freeney. And if Freeney hit the FA market this year, he would have likely gotten a similar contract. Plus, like someone said, the contract is probably hevily backloaded. So in four or five years when he's declining, he'll have to restructure or be cut.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
              what are you haters talking about? Freeney is one of the most game-changing defenders in the game.
              Since when has he been a game changer, he's been criticzed for not making the sacks/big plays when Indy was down

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                ...and more than one syringes of HGH...

Anyway, good move for both parties. You can talk about the money all you want, but the Colts need Dwight Freeney. And if Freeney hit the FA market this year, he would have likely gotten a similar contract. Plus, like someone said, the contract is probably hevily backloaded. So in four or five years when he's declining, he'll have to restructure or be cut.
                freeney only had one then?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Freeney seems more of a pilates kinda guy.

Shwas referring to Merriman with the HGH comment.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

dwight freeney has gotten a majority of his sacks on turf (at home), he's disappeared in the road games...and RB's don't shy away from his side, they know that he over pursues a majority of the time...just another straw that will eventually break the camel's back...

the colts, in a few years, will be one of the worst cap disasters in recent years...

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      Freeney seems more of a pilates kinda guy.

Shwas referring to Merriman with the HGH comment.
                      i know i was just saying i guess freeney only has one if merriman has more haha... but ya if i do recall.. freeney gets critized because he only makes sacks when they are ahead and the other team is passing more

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I think at this point Freeney is a bit overrated. He's been overpaid. Let's hope he shows some reason to warrant all that money because i like Dwight and would hate to see him have another sorry season.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                        Originally posted by TitanHope
                        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I agree, Ive watched a lot of colts games, and Freeney is really overratted. Im not saying hes bad, But a lot of analysts try to make him sound like hes the best defensive end in the nfl as of right now (ahem, espn, cough). its a good signing for the colts, however, he is getting way too much if you ask me.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            dwight freeney has gotten a majority of his sacks on turf (at home), he's disappeared in the road games...and RB's don't shy away from his side, they know that he over pursues a majority of the time...just another straw that will eventually break the camel's back...

the colts, in a few years, will be one of the worst cap disasters in recent years...
                            That's one strong camel, since I've been hearing this "window of oppurtunity is closing" and "cap hell is coming" crap since the first division title. Considering he helped to invent the cap, I'd think Bill Polian would know a thing or two about it, like how to work with it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I think i posted an article a while back from rotoworld about how freeney wanted a 30 million signing bonus. I never thought he would actually get it though. But in today's FA, you pretty much have to overpay.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                I think i posted an article a while back from rotoworld about how freeney wanted a 30 million signing bonus. I never thought he would actually get it though. But in today's FA, you pretty much have to overpay.
                                and 49wers fans know of that all to well.... you can have we dont want him anymroe haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information