Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeney Signed

6 years $72 million per ESPN

I never liked him. Spin moves are a big no-no in my book. I don't think one-dimensional DEs are worth long-term contracts because they tend to decline rapidly.

Comment

He deserves it. Amazing player.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2935483

Comment

Excellent, now the franchise tag can be used on Sanders at season's end.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

WHAT!?!? that much for freeney, hes not even that good, maybe the Colt's best DE, but still not worth half that much

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              I never liked him. Spin moves are a big no-no in my book. I don't think one-dimensional DEs are worth long-term contracts because they tend to decline rapidly.
              Have you ever actually watched him play his gap, or are you judging him based on highlights in which he's normally asked to take the outside route, abandon his gap, and try to sack the QB?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

He played 16 games this year, got 6 sacks, his stats were no better than KGB's and he doesnt make the big sacks in the big situations

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Have you ever actually watched him play his gap, or are you judging him based on highlights in which he's normally asked to take the outside route, abandon his gap, and try to sack the QB?
                  I've seen him play plenty. Find me one defensive line coach who endorses spinning. Find me one person who thinks that Freeney isn't one-dimensional. He rushes the passer very well, but that's about it. KGB did the same a few years ago, and look at him now.

Comment

ala KGB!!!! he is a good player but the contract is to long IMO

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                      ala KGB!!!! he is a good player but the contract is to long IMO
                      Correct! Evantually he'll get old and lose his pass rush ability and then he'll have nothing

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Correct! Evantually he'll get old and lose his pass rush ability and then he'll have nothing
                        Players and teams adapt to one-dimensional players. If all you do is rush the outside, they're going to adapt and stop you. That's why guys like Strahan who are so versatile are deadly.

Comment

Players and teams adapt to one-dimensional players. If all you do is rush the outside, they're going to adapt and stop you. That's why guys like Strahan who are so versatile are deadly.
                          Thats why pass rushers like merriman who have more than a spin... last so dam long... cause even when he slows down... he'll run you over or throw you(the OT) into the QB

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

The only player who has ever been able to stop a healthy Dwight Freeney consistently is Orlando Pace. Enough said.

Comment

I've seen him play plenty. Find me one defensive line coach who endorses spinning. Find me one person who thinks that Freeney isn't one-dimensional. He rushes the passer very well, but that's about it. KGB did the same a few years ago, and look at him now.
                              I asked if you'd ever seen him play his gap, not your opinion about Freeney's style of play, or to whom you think he compares. Would you like to answer the question now?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information