Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    PASS RUSHING ONLY

and Pryce is 1 of the best talents on the Ravens.
    My point is, it doesn't make sense to compare a situational pass rusher (like Dumerville) or a guy who never gets doubled (like Pryce) to a guy like Will Smith.

These stats also don't take into consideration the fatigue factor involved. Will Smith plays the whole game while guys like Andersen and Dumerville come in with fresh legs and takes advantage of going against fatigued players. Its not fair to compare.

Basically, its an unfair comparison. Put Will Smith on the Ravens, or Bears, and I guarantee you his "stats" would go up. His sack totals would definately be higher. Its no coincidence that Pryce's #s shot up after he left Denver. He has alot more help in Baltimore compared to Denver. Metrics dont factor that in.

Comment

Jared Allen

Tackles - 77

Sacks - 7.5

Int - 1

Forced Fumbles - 3

Fumbles Recovered - 6

Pass Def - 10

His sacks went down but he had is best all around year ever and that was with out any help at DT.

Comment

Overrated = Dwight Freeney
        Underrated = Aaron Schobel

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          My point is, it doesn't make sense to compare a situational pass rusher (like Dumerville) or a guy who never gets doubled (like Pryce) to a guy like Will Smith.

These stats also don't take into consideration the fatigue factor involved. Will Smith plays the whole game while guys like Andersen and Dumerville come in with fresh legs and takes advantage of going against fatigued players. Its not fair to compare.

Basically, its an unfair comparison. Put Will Smith on the Ravens, or Bears, and I guarantee you his "stats" would go up. His sack totals would definately be higher. Its no coincidence that Pryce's #s shot up after he left Denver. He has alot more help in Baltimore compared to Denver. Metrics dont factor that in.
          im pretty sure he looked at the games and judged..so if it was double verse 1on1..he would say it

Comment

Umm, if Mark Anderson has 5 of his 13 sacks as non individual effort sacks he should be in the overrated section. That's over 25 percent of his production not being a direct result of his own effort.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

we he was hurt in devner the last couple years...before that he was an allpro in denver so to me he just got back to being healthy

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                Not really sure I'd say KVB is underrated, because while I believe indepth stats show he was one of the better all round pass rushing DE's last season when you consider all things and not just sacks (which are an overrated stat in some regards, not as much as INT's though), he's still a pretty one dimensional player and you've gotta expect more sacks from a guy like that.
                KVB is one dimensional? He was top 5 in tackles for 4-3 DE's. Now I can guess where this conversation may be headed...."he takes himself out of plays a lot with wide pass rushes". That's true....and it is with many of the top pass rushers. Jevon did it all the time.

If anything, I think that's mostly on the DC. KVB doesn't do it all the time, I imagine it's all about what he's told to run that play. Surely it's not all ad libbing.

I looked up some QB pressure #'s, and KVB was up near the top last year just to get back to pass rushing talk again.

KVB had so little help from the other side of the line last year. We went through a ton of scrub, reject DE's.

Comment

I don't like the mention of situational pass-rushers. It's so much easier to rush the QB when it's third and 5+ and you don't have to focus on the run at all. I don't think Anderson's underrated, merely a situational pass rusher who knows the pass is coming, and can be hell-bent on going after the QB.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

BBD is one of the few people who hates metrics for football like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Overrated = Dwight Freeney
                      Underrated = Aaron Schobel
                      Dwight Freeney is not overrated as a passrusher. Heck I don't even think he's overrated as a player anymore since he's getting Michael Vick treatment (everyone calling him overrated).

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        BBD is one of the few people who hates metrics for football like I do.
                        At first read, you confused me. I thought you meant that few people hate metrics. Lots of people hate metrics. Then I re-read, lol.

I don't mind metrics as long as they have their place: a different compilation of statistics. If you give them too much credit, you miss the point alot. It's the same thing with the traditional stats, too.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                          Trevor Pryce was so underrated last year it wasn't even funny, the fact he wasn't a pro bowler makes the pro bowl a complete joke.
                          This is by far the best post in this thread.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Why does K.C. Joyner still have a job? Also, why do people listen to him?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Underated: Kam Wimbley. 11 sacks as a rooke in his first year ever playing LB on an team with no helping pass rush, bad DBs, and a lousy D-Line. He was 3rd in DROY voting, yet the media oustide Cleveland ne'er breathed a breath about him.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Why does K.C. Joyner still have a job? Also, why do people listen to him?
                                The same could be said for a Pete Prisco or a Skip Bayliss, you hate them so much but you have to read/watch what they say. Kind of like a vicious car wreck that you have to look at.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information