Chris Chambers gets a DUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Usually when one makes the decision to drive they are drunk and therefore unable to make a sound and logical decision.
    good point....these players might want start thinking about getting drivers whether it be a cab, a limo, a friend of or anything in between. Lord knows they can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      Who exactly do you mean by "these guys".

DUI's are are huge issue in America, not just the NFL.
      I really have to spell this out for you? Clearly the commish has made behaving the top priority of this offseason, assignign suspensions all over the place. More and more NFL players keep getting in trouble though; they continue to think they are above the law and rules of society.

If by "these guys" I was talking about the rest of America, I would have posted my comment on a CNN board or something; in here, we talk about football players.

Comment

I wish the penalties were much harsher than what they are for DUI's. IMO if you get one you're done driving, period. Or well, for like 5 years. It's a pathetic thing to do and you're going to end up killing not yourself, but someone else (like Little did).

I had a friend who just injured a mom and her daughter from drinking and driving but he walked away. He's done driving for a long time since he's underaged but he's had to live with it every day and he's a wreck.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Goodell:

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
            Goodell:

Umm a bit harsh........................more like:

4 GAME SUSPENSION

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I figure he must be drunk half the time he's on the field with how he plays.

Comment

Umm a bit harsh........................more like:

4 GAME SUSPENSION
                It was a parody of Goodell's reign of terror. Duh.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Son of a *****...

I drafted him onto my fantasy team like an hour before that news came out...

I was going to trade him away but once he was caught doing this I doubt I'll be able to get the same for him...

Comment

Maybe we'll get to see Ginn in action earlier than we planned...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                      Maybe we'll get to see Ginn in action earlier than we planned...
                      If/When Chambers get suspended Hagan and Booker will be the starters. I doubt this will change Ginn's role at all.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

It was a parody of Goodell's reign of terror. Duh.
                        I got the parody part, but it was a bit weak since the 4 game suspension is the standard set by Goodell in this situation. I give you an A for effort, but a C+ in effectiveness.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I got the parody part, but it was a bit weak since the 4 game suspension is the standard set by Goodell in this situation. I give you an A for effort, but a C+ in effectiveness.
                          I'm against suspension by the league for DUI, there was a very long and heated debate about this in another thread.

Comment

I'm against suspension by the league for DUI, there was a very long and heated debate about this in another thread.
                            Don't recall the debate, but its a great thing I believe. Drunk/Buzzed driving is a serious concern in our society and yet its kind of like a forgotten item in our agenda. I believe its a suspension under the substance abuse conduct of the player agreement and I'm glad Goodell and the NFL are stepping up to the plate to address this area of concern.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information