Casey Hampton vs Haloti Ngata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey Hampton vs Haloti Ngata

I know Hampton is already established as a dominant figure in the NFL already but if you had to start a 3-4 defense from scratch, which one of these 2 guys would you pick and why?

Hampton because he actually plays in a 3-4.

Comment

Vince Wilfork EASILY

Comment

This isn't a random thread or anything

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

$5 that a steeler and raven fan argued over this

Comment

There's no reason to argue over it; Casey Hampton is a NT in a 3-4 and Ngata is a DE when we line up in a 3-4. This is a ridiculous comparison.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              There's no reason to argue over it; Casey Hampton is a NT in a 3-4 and Ngata is a DE when we line up in a 3-4. This is a ridiculous comparison.
              na i think he can still be a 3-4 NT

hes certainly the size

Comment

Regardless of who we think is the better player right now, there is only one answer to this question. You're starting from scratch, you take the guy who doesn't already have 7 years on the odometer. Ngata figures to be a force in the trenches for another decade. Hampton would need to be head and shoulders above Ngata in the athleticism/size/skill departments in order to even be considered, and that just isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                  Regardless of who we think is the better player right now, there is only one answer to this question. You're starting from scratch, you take the guy who doesn't already have 7 years on the odometer. Ngata figures to be a force in the trenches for another decade. Hampton would need to be head and shoulders above Ngata in the athleticism/size/skill departments in order to even be considered, and that just isn't the case.
                  Well a NT is more important in a 3-4 than a DE.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                    I'm quite sure Ngata would be fine at NT if it weren't for Kelly Gregg, but at the same time I'm not ready to announce is superiority over Hampton after just one season of work.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I'm quite sure Ngata would be fine at NT if it weren't for Kelly Gregg, but at the same time I'm not ready to announce is superiority over Hampton after just one season of work.
                      if it was 3-4 Ravens team i would DEs would be Pryce and Gregg with Ngata at nose and Suggs as the outside backer

actually i odnt know about Gregg. Hes 6"0 .. short for a DE and 310 which could be fine for a NT but wilfork-hampton-williams are all over 330 but Ferguson is around 315..

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                        if it was 3-4 Ravens team i would DEs would be Pryce and Gregg with Ngata at nose and Suggs as the outside backer
                        First of all please for the love of God learn some proper grammar as opposed to the jibberish that was your last post. Secondly, Kelly Gregg is by far the most underrated NT in the entire NFL and no way Ngata would replace now or anytime soon.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                          Yes, and a man who can play both is much more valuable than a guy who's limited to just one position.

Comment

I agree. No way can we say Ngata is the better player right now. But I would surely pick him over Hampton if I were starting from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                              Vince Wilfork EASILY
                              Agreed :p
                              Wilfork is better than both of them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information