X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Redding Made Richest DT in the NFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2938519

He was great last year, but I didn't think this great:
    On Monday, the Lions backed up that belief by making him the highest-paid defensive tackle in football. Redding, the team's franchise player in 2007, agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract that included $16 million in guarantees, including $13 million in signing bonus and roster guarantees.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Good day for him :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I don't panic about the "richest DT" thing because all that says is, he's the latest one to be signed. Contracts go up and up, that's no newsflash to anyone.

Besides, let's see what his actual cap number is for the next 3 years before we pass judgment on how overpaid he really is.

The Lions had to do what it took to keep him, especially after they jettisoned 2 of their other key players on D and identified him as the one they wanted to keep. Redding had the leverage and was going to make sure he got the most he could get out of them.

I say it's a good signing but he damn well better prove he was worth it.

Comment

damn..Wilfork is an FA in i think 2 years..lets hope he doesnt get greedy when he sees a guy 2 levels behind him got 7 mill per year.

Comment

Corey Redding was a beast last year. In the few games I watched him, he was a constant force. The Lions need him because the Tampa 2 is predicated on having a pass rush force at the 3-tech position.

Comment

Im not sure Redding deserved this kind of cash-in but he had a good year and having a disruptive UT is very important to Marinellis cover 2.

Comment

So are they going to let Shaun Rogers go? If not, how much are they going to have to pay him?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Big Baby is still on a 6-year, $46m contract he signed in Jan 2005. Which doesn't make sense when you think about it, that's an average of $7.66m so how can Redding be the highest paid? Just goes to show, NFL numbers are always a little shady. Anyway Rogers has no place to complain considering his last year, full of injuries, bad attitude, and the strip club incident.

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
                  Big Baby is still on a 6-year, $46m contract he signed in Jan 2005. Which doesn't make sense when you think about it, that's an average of $7.66m so how can Redding be the highest paid? Just goes to show, NFL numbers are always a little shady. Anyway Rogers has no place to complain considering his last year, full of injuries, bad attitude, and the strip club incident.
                  Redding is the richest in terms of total $ on the contract. That is one expensive DT duo.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I bet it's REALLY backloaded and he won't see half that money.

Comment

The Lions are a very smart and successful franchise.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

He isn't even the best DT in the division.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          He isn't even the best DT in the division.
                          Thats the truth there. Kevin Williams and Tommie Harris and even maybe Pat Williams but thats an iffy one there. But Tommie and Kevin are better than him.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Worst Move Ever

Comment

I'm a little concerned about the Lions' defensive end situation. If they can coax enough production from Francis, White, Edwards and DeVries, they should have an excellent defensive unit if the young guys develop as expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information