Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter King first power rankings are out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter King first power rankings are out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

I agree with most of his picks. Detroit is too high, Arizona and Cleveland is too low.

Minnesota and Cleveland at the bottom? Eh.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Some Kelly Gregg love, that is good.

Comment

King has overrated the Lions almost every year lately. I think at this point he's kind of throwing good money after bad, and figuring one of these years he'll be right and look really good. After all, the NFL is all about total surprises, and if you're looking for a dark horse team to back, they don't get darker than the Lions.

Comment

Browns get Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, an upgrade at RB (a huge question mark though.) a year under the belts of Winslow/Edwards, a corner to start opposite of Bodden, upgrades on the d-line, and possibly the return of LeCharles, not to mention the addition of Quinn who should play some time during the season, and we go down to 32nd... I don't get it!

Comment

eh its alright....i believe the steelers should be top 10 but i guess 12 is good...i believe the steelers are way better then the jets and the rams are a so so..seattle they can be better then along with philly..but thats imo

Comment

I'll agree with Seattle and St. Louis staying on top of the NFC West. Don't like the Lions or Titans being in the top half of the league, and I'm thinking Cincy should be higher

Comment

LOL at the Bengals being that low. The only NFC teams we should be behind are the Bears and maybe Saints, although in a head to head I think we at the worst split with them. I think we'll have a better year than the Ravens, via schedule and just banking on things that went wrong for us last year going right and things that went right for them last year not going so well. With that said I still think they should be ahead of us in initial power rankings because they're the defending champs.

Comment

He has us at 31? Peter King blows.

Comment

King neglects to mention that we went 14 games without our all-pro LT, a bulk of our season was spent with basically rookies on the OL. Those rookies progressed very well and were solid at the end of the year, not the beginning though. We have Carson on two good legs, finally a backup for Rudi, Ahmad Brooks > anyone we had at MLB last year, Rashad Jeanty has one more year under his belt. Tory James is thankfully gone, arguably the worst starting CB last year (sorry Saints fans lol).

Plus we had just about everything that could go wrong go wrong last year. Lost one game via phantom roughing the passer, one missed pass interference with under 2 minutes, the Denver game was full of oddities, missed FG vs. Pitt that would've still put us in the playoffs. It's pretty bad the amount/quality of teams he has us behind.

Comment

It is a sad world we live in when the Lions are overrated,,,,

Comment

The Colts at #1? That's quite a surprise

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

The Titans are about 15 spots too high.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                            Minnesota and Cleveland at the bottom? Eh.
                            Minnesota is right where they should be. Them and Oakland will vie for the 1st pick in next year's NFL draft.

Comment

Talk of the Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans as potential playoff teams amuses me: they are going to be picking in the Top 5 for yet another year in the Draft imo. Much as I'd love to see the AFC South be a strong conference from top to bottom, to better prepare the Colts for the playoffs, I know firsthand the schedule that the teams in the conference have to play and both the Titans and the Texans are going to struggle to get victories.

Houston Texans
                              Sep 9 Kansas City
                              Sep 16 @Carolina
                              Sep 23 Indianapolis
                              Sep 30 @Atlanta
                              Oct 7 Miami
                              Oct 14 @Jacksonville
                              Oct 21 Tennessee
                              Oct 28 @San Diego
                              Nov 4 @Oakland
                              Week 10 BYE
                              Nov 18 New Orleans
                              Nov 25 @Cleveland
                              Dec 2 @Tennessee
                              Dec 9 Tampa Bay
                              Dec 13 Denver
                              Dec 23 @Indianapolis
                              Dec 30 Jacksonville

Tennessee Titans
                              Sep 9 @Jacksonville
                              Sep 16 Indianapolis
                              Sep 24 @New Orleans
                              Week 4 BYE
                              Oct 7 Atlanta
                              Oct 14 @Tampa Bay
                              Oct 21 @Houston
                              Oct 28 Oakland
                              Nov 4 Carolina
                              Nov 11 Jacksonville
                              Nov 19 @Denver
                              Nov 25 @Cincinnati
                              Dec 2 Houston
                              Dec 9 San Diego
                              Dec 16 @Kansas City
                              Dec 23 N.Y. Jets
                              Dec 30 @Indianapolis
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information