Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter King first power rankings are out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    Minnesota is right where they should be. Them and Oakland will vie for the 1st pick in next year's NFL draft.
    Why? Tell me why this will happen. You seem to think you know everything you're talking about, which you never do. Explain to me how we've gotten so much worse from last year.

Comment

I really think Detroit is gonna improve but teams dont go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 in a year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
        Why? Tell me why this will happen. You seem to think you know everything you're talking about, which you never do. Explain to me how we've gotten so much worse from last year.
        Because they have a bad QB, bad WR's, a decent O-Line, and a decent defense. The only special thing in Minny is the RB's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          I really think Detroit is gonna improve but teams dont go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 in a year
          Well, Kitna did it himself at Cincinnati, I could see it potentially happening that they got 8-8 but he still has them too high.

Comment

They do all the time. 12 teams have made at least that big of a jump in the last 8 years alone.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Because they have a bad QB, bad WR's, a decent O-Line, and a decent defense. The only special thing in Minny is the RB's
              First of all, the reason we took out Brad Johnson was because it was near impossible to do worse than him. You can't say we haven't improved our WR corps from last year. I think Williamson will perform better this season, Bobby Wade can play well out of the slot and I expect Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison to have an impact. The young guys on our offensive line will have another year of experience under their belts, and will do a better job. What are you talking about, a decent defense? We had an amazing run defense. This year we will also have Cedric Griffin starting the entire year, instead of Fred Smoot who was horrible. Not to mention we brought in Mike Doss, who is familiar with the Tampa-2 defense.

Comment

First of all, the reason we took out Brad Johnson was because it was near impossible to do worse than him. You can't say we haven't improved our WR corps from last year. I think Williamson will perform better this season, Bobby Wade can play well out of the slot and I expect Sidney Rice and Aundrae Allison to have an impact. The young guys on our offensive line will have another year of experience under their belts, and will do a better job. What are you talking about, a decent defense? We had an amazing run defense. This year we will also have Cedric Griffin starting the entire year, instead of Fred Smoot who was horrible. Not to mention we brought in Mike Doss, who is familiar with the Tampa-2 defense.
                Don't listen to him, Buck. You should have seen right away that he is a Packers' fan.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The 2006 Minnesota Vikings' run defense is one of the best in NFL history.

Also, a healthy Chad Greenway more than makes up for the loss of Napolean Harris.

I'm still wary about the Vikings' pass rush though, the team is counting on Ray Edwards to come through way too much for my liking. Maybe Erasmus James will have recovered fully in time for the season, given how modern medicine has advanced with torn knee ligaments, but I'll have to see it before believing it. And if the team should blitz more to help out the pass rush, that leaves their coverage even more exposed.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

You were 6-10 last year. You can get worse than that.

You have a green QB, bad WR's, an injury prone RB, a tougher schedule (playing AFC west teams).

Time to take off the homer glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      The 2006 Minnesota Vikings' run defense is one of the best in NFL history.

Also, a healthy Chad Greenway more than makes up for the loss of Napolean Harris.

I'm still wary about the Vikings' pass rush though, the team is counting on Ray Edwards to come through way too much for my liking. Maybe Erasmus James will have recovered fully in time for the season, given how modern medicine has advanced with torn knee ligaments, but I'll have to see it before believing it. And if the team should blitz more to help out the pass rush, that leaves their coverage even more exposed.
                      That's what I'm saying. If we can get an above-average pass-rush out of James and Edwards, I think our defense could be in the upper-echelon of the NFC and maybe NFL. That is all our defense is missing right now.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        That's what I'm saying. If we can get an above-average pass-rush out of James and Edwards, I think our defense could be in the upper-echelon of the NFC and maybe NFL. That is all our defense is missing right now.
                        Our defense being called mediocre by a Packers fan, pfft.

Comment

How does a healthy Chad Greenway make up for anything. He is still an unknown in this league. I never thought he could be a legit LB in this league last year and was so glad when the Vikes took him just because then the Giants couldn't. He is soft.

Comment

Texans are the worst team on paper in my viewpoint. They're my selection for 1st overall pick next year. The Vikings at least have a defence.

Comment

Bengals at 17? His reason, they were middle of the pack last year in terms of record. Did he even watch any games? Did he see how they lost? Carson Palmer was coming off a major injury....The Bengals are the team no one wants to play, because they know just how potent that offense is. Make no mistake, it is the league's most high-powered. The D is coming around, they have a lot less players in trouble this year, which became a serious distraction. The Bengals are a legitimate superbowl contender this year if you ask me and for him to put the likes of Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle, STL, NYJ, Dallas and Tennessee over them is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                                Texans are the worst team on paper in my viewpoint. They're my selection for 1st overall pick next year. The Vikings at least have a defence.
                                Do you expect them to be as dominant in stopping the run as they were last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information