Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter King first power rankings are out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Do you expect them to be as dominant in stopping the run as they were last year?
    Was this sarcrastic? They were in the bottom half of the league in rush defence...

Comment

How does a healthy Chad Greenway make up for anything. He is still an unknown in this league. I never thought he could be a legit LB in this league last year and was so glad when the Vikes took him just because then the Giants couldn't. He is soft.
      He can cover, he can tackle, and he's a hard worker. Sure he doesn't have these incredible physical tools, but he's consistent and just a good, fundamentaly sound, smart LB. You're writing him off after 1 season which he didn't even play in? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
        Was this sarcrastic? They were in the bottom half of the league in rush defence...
        I'm talking about the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          He can cover, he can tackle, and he's a hard worker. Sure he doesn't have these incredible physical tools, but he's consistent and just a good, fundamentaly sound, smart LB. You're writing him off after 1 season which he didn't even play in? Wow.
          Actually for the record, I was writing him off before he got drafted. Regardless he has no experience playing on Sundays yet. Not neccesarily an upgrade. He has just as many question marks as he does answers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
            Bengals at 17? His reason, they were middle of the pack last year in terms of record. Did he even watch any games? Did he see how they lost? Carson Palmer was coming off a major injury....The Bengals are the team no one wants to play, because they know just how potent that offense is. Make no mistake, it is the league's most high-powered. The D is coming around, they have a lot less players in trouble this year, which became a serious distraction. The Bengals are a legitimate superbowl contender this year if you ask me and for him to put the likes of Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle, STL, NYJ, Dallas and Tennessee over them is just silly.
            Thank you, nice to see someone else realizes how horrible that is. To be honest I don't think we're a heavy SB contender but we'll make the playoffs, maybe go a round but nothing more. It annoys me that he assumes other teams players will improve while ours won't, we're a young team... Especially on defense and have a much easier schedule this year.

Comment

I'm talking about the Vikings.
              Ohhh...

Will they be AS good? Maybe not. Will they be good? I would expect so.

Comment

Ohhh...

Will they be AS good? Maybe not. Will they be good? I would expect so.
                I guess thats where I disagree. Last year they were so much better than any other team in run defense. I think it was a fluke. They just don't have the personnel to be truly that good of a run defense.

Comment

Texans are the worst team on paper in my viewpoint. They're my selection for 1st overall pick next year. The Vikings at least have a defence.
                  well at least they'll be able to take McFadden unless they screw up again and take Calais.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I question how much of Greenway you've seen to call him soft, Jughead. In fact, I'm inclined to believe you're basing your opinion on Greenway's lackluster bench reps in the pre-Draft process, more than anything.

As for the Bengals offense, it's easy to call them high-powered because they are so inconsistent. They love the deep ball way too much, and it costs them. When they can get over their damn highlight reels and press clippings and become a methodical, consistent machine on offense, maybe then they can actually win the games that count. They might advance past the wild card round in the playoffs, if they can draw a dud like the 06 Jets who don't belong there in the first place, but that's assuming the Bengals actually qualify for the tournament.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post
                      King has overrated the Lions almost every year lately. I think at this point he's kind of throwing good money after bad, and figuring one of these years he'll be right and look really good. After all, the NFL is all about total surprises, and if you're looking for a dark horse team to back, they don't get darker than the Lions.
                      I think he even mentioned that he is putting them that high in hopes they do well. I am sure if the Lions somehow end up doing well, he will boast about calling it all season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Saints at 4? Anyone else think thats way too high?
                        I'm a state.

Comment

I guess thats where I disagree. Last year they were so much better than any other team in run defense. I think it was a fluke. They just don't have the personnel to be truly that good of a run defense.
                          Pat Williams and Kevin Williams could be the dest DT duo in the league. That interior was amazing. The DEs were pretty terrible overall but they were much better against the run than versus the pass. The linebackers are an OK unit but they are really tailored to play against the run. The secondary is pretty good at stopping the run too, especially with guys like Winfield back there.

Overall, I think they definitely have a talented run defence. It all starts up front and the Williams Bros. make it impossible to run it up the gut.

Comment

That's not surprising for King, he gets on his knees and puckers his lips for the Saints - and Drew Brees especially - like no other.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              I question how much of Greenway you've seen to call him soft, Jughead. In fact, I'm inclined to believe you're basing your opinion on Greenway's lackluster bench reps in the pre-Draft process, more than anything.

As for the Bengals offense, it's easy to call them high-powered because they are so inconsistent. They love the deep ball way too much, and it costs them. When they can get over their damn highlight reels and press clippings and become a methodical, consistent machine on offense, maybe then they can actually win the games that count. They might advance past the wild card round in the playoffs, if they can draw a dud like the 06 Jets who don't belong there in the first place, but that's assuming the Bengals actually qualify for the tournament.
                              Or the fact that he ran around blocks his entire career at Iowa and was frequently outshined by Abdul Hodge who was subsequently picked after him.

Comment

I'm fairly certain the Bengals will make the playoffs, easy schedule and I can't help but expect better luck than last year. I'm pleased with the team but until they prove they can beat Indy or New England I refuse to consider us a SB contender. We've got New England week 4 but I'm already considering that a L. The only two teams that really concern me are the Colts/Pats, the rest I think we can beat.

I think our reliance on the long ball last year was a combo of problems. The injured Oline and injury to Chris Perry hurt our offense as a unit and they felt they had to rely more on the long ball. While going deep is a strength of our offense you're right the reliance on it needs to steady. It seems like all that Chad did last year was go deep or run curls to the sideline. Tab Perry was also hurt and he combines with TJ to be our more midrange WR's while Chad/Henry go deep. It'll help the offense having Tab back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information