Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter King first power rankings are out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    That's not surprising for King, he gets on his knees and puckers his lips for the Saints - and Drew Brees especially - like no other.
    King is kind of a tool to begin with, in my opinion.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
      Browns get Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, an upgrade at RB (a huge question mark though.) a year under the belts of Winslow/Edwards, a corner to start opposite of Bodden, upgrades on the d-line, and possibly the return of LeCharles, not to mention the addition of Quinn who should play some time during the season, and we go down to 32nd... I don't get it!
      i think its just based on the fact before that kamerion wimbley draft... those other drafts were prttty terrible... maybe he just thinks they need a couple more young talented players and then have your first day picks perform before he ranks you higher... sucks you dont have your first rounder next year though... but i like quinn over both of the other QB's personally... but to be fair i havnt liked many qb's in the past draft or this one...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Greenway outshined by Hodge? Did you watch anything more than the last bowl game they played in? GTFO.

Greenway's job wasn't to block, it was to tackle and cover. And he did it better than anyone else on his last two Iowa teams, including Abdul Hodge who is ridiculously one-dimensional and will be lucky to see much action in the pros past special teams because of it.

I still get a laugh at the idiots at Colts.com who wanted Hodge so desperately, incidentally. He's not even an upgrade on Rob Morris.
        Last edited by Geo; 07-17-2007, 02:50 PM.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          I really think Detroit is gonna improve but teams dont go from 2-14 to 7-9 or 8-8 in a year
          2005 New Orleans Saints: #2 Pick in the Draft
          2006 New Orleans Saints: NFC Runners Up.

Comment

Greenway outshined by Hodge? Did you watch anything more than the last bowl game they played in? GTFO.

Greenway's job wasn't to block, it was to tackle and cover. And he did it better than anyone else on his last two Iowa teams, including Abdul Hodge who is ridiculously one-dimensional and will be lucky to see much action in the pros past special teams because of it.

I still get a laugh at the idiots at Colts.com who wanted Hodge so desperately, incidentally. He's not even an upgrade on Rob Morris.
            Who said anything about Greenway blocking? They were talking about Greenway running around blocks because he couldn't take them on. That's not something that can be done at the pro level.

Greenway is unproven and thinking he's going to be a big upgrade over what the Vikings already have is likely wishful thinking.

Comment

The success of our defense is irrelevant if our offense produces how it did last year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

He's replacing Napolean Harris, for crying out loud.

Although, EJ Henderson is moving to MIKE and Greenway will be playing WILL. zomg, think of the blocks he'll have to get through as the WLB!!11!1ones!!

Comment

No team with an O-Line as deep and talented as Cleveland's is gonna finish last place. Heck, they won 4 games last year with a pathetic O-LIne, no RB, no CBs, and a really sorry OC. Not to mention KW2 was playing on 1 knee and Edwards was just returning from a torn ACL. If anything the fact that Anderson and Frye are a year more experienced with a much better run game behind them will give the Browns 6 to 8 wins probably.

As for Minnesota and Tennessee, I could see either of those teams just as easily making the playoffs as finishing with a top 5 pick. That's life in the NFL though.

Comment

You don't have to be that great at taking on blocks if you play OLB in a cover 2. Greenway will do just fine in Minnesota. He will be a major upgrade over Napoleon Harris, at least in that system anyways. Minnesota's success depends on T.Jackson and that lousy WR unit he has to work with. Hopefully AD and C.Taylor can be as successful as Jones-Drew and Taylor were in Jacksonville's offense with 8 guys in the box all the time.

Comment

He's replacing Napolean Harris, for crying out loud.

Although, EJ Henderson is moving to MIKE and Greenway will be playing WILL. zomg, think of the blocks he'll have to get through as the WLB!!11!1ones!!

Your sarcasm is making you look like an idiot if you think that any linebacker won't take on blocks nearly every play. If you don't block the front seven, you don't gain yards. Simple as that.

Also, if you think a rookie who hasn't played a snap in the NFL is going to be a significant upgrade over a seasoned NFL veteran in his first season you are likely mistaken.
                      Last edited by Moses; 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I'm interested to see how the AFC North pans out.

Cleveland should be better, but we'll see by how much - starting anyone but Frye is a definite improvement, regardless. The Ravens defense could repeat as division champs, despite being saddled with an offense that puts the ball in the hands of either "Dead Air" McNair or Willis "Playbooks, Shmaybooks" McGahee on every play. Bengals and Steelers could bounce back, of course.

Comment

I was pretty disappointed to Harris leave. I thought he had a good year, when he played.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            Browns get Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, an upgrade at RB (a huge question mark though.) a year under the belts of Winslow/Edwards, a corner to start opposite of Bodden, upgrades on the d-line, and possibly the return of LeCharles, not to mention the addition of Quinn who should play some time during the season, and we go down to 32nd... I don't get it!
                            Just tells you how bad they were before all that.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                              Why? Tell me why this will happen. You seem to think you know everything you're talking about, which you never do. Explain to me how we've gotten so much worse from last year.
                              Well, to be fair, the Vikings were 2-8 over their last 10 games. So they could actually improve and still only win 4-5 games.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

All this Viking talk makes me uncomfortable. Last year early doors it was 'they can run and stop the run, they're looking good to make the playoffs'. We all know how that ended...

The thing about having a bunch of unknowns is that it's fairly irresponsible to use that as a benchmark for how they will actually produce (ie. they're unknown so you're not allowed to predict improvement, you can only use them as an argument for weakness, an argument used a few times already in this thread).

Saying that, I liked Tomlin a lot and think that loss will show. With a weaker schedule i'd say the WR and QB situation isnt as bad as at first glance (run, run, run, run and run again), but the schedule has the potential of being brutal we could very well end up with a high pick. This team is geared towards future production not instant impact. Sprinkled in with a few pieces to avoid complete collapse also with the potential to surprise.

For those reasons I have no problem with low expectations, I just dont think it's overly insightful to say we'll be bad because of unknowns. Then again that's hardly unique to the Vikings so no need to get defensive.
                                What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                                It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information