Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter King first power rankings are out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I'd rather have Leslie Frazier coaching my secondary than Mike Tomlin, Frazier being the new defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Moses View Post
      Texans are the worst team on paper in my viewpoint. They're my selection for 1st overall pick next year. The Vikings at least have a defence.
      You must be looking at a different paper then I am. I'll stick with BBD on the 'Houston Texans as a surprise team' bandwagon, thank you very much.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Talk of the Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans as potential playoff teams amuses me: they are going to be picking in the Top 5 for yet another year in the Draft imo. Much as I'd love to see the AFC South be a strong conference from top to bottom, to better prepare the Colts for the playoffs, I know firsthand the schedule that the teams in the conference have to play and both the Titans and the Texans are going to struggle to get victories.

        Houston Texans
        Sep 9 Kansas City
        Sep 16 @Carolina
        Sep 23 Indianapolis
        Sep 30 @Atlanta
        Oct 7 Miami
        Oct 14 @Jacksonville
        Oct 21 Tennessee
        Oct 28 @San Diego
        Nov 4 @Oakland
        Week 10 BYE
        Nov 18 New Orleans
        Nov 25 @Cleveland
        Dec 2 @Tennessee
        Dec 9 Tampa Bay
        Dec 13 Denver
        Dec 23 @Indianapolis
        Dec 30 Jacksonville
        How many wins do you see from this schedule, Shiver? I'm just wondering.
        Last edited by Geo; 07-17-2007, 05:36 PM.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

        Comment


        • #64
          Pre-season S.O.S is inherently flawed. I put next to zero stock into it. At this time last year facing the Saints would have been a cupcake game and facing Miami would have been a challenge.

          If I were to guess I see 6-7 wins in there, but I personally see them getting around .500, but that's just me. I'm on the bandwagon, and I take it upon myself to go down with the sinking ship if necessary.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Moses View Post
            Your sarcasm is making you look like an idiot if you think that any linebacker won't take on blocks nearly every play. If you don't block the front seven, you don't gain yards. Simple as that.

            Also, if you think a rookie who hasn't played a snap in the NFL is going to be a significant upgrade over a seasoned NFL veteran in his first season you are likely mistaken.
            You don't know much about the Tampa 2 scheme, do you? Also, Greenway isn't a rookie. He hasn't really been on even the practice field much yet, but he's been there more than a rookie, and he's had a year to study the scheme he'll be playing in as well as his position.


            The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

            If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

            <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Moses View Post
              Was this sarcrastic? They were in the bottom half of the league in rush defence...
              I really think the Texan defense will be much better, its their offense we should be worried about, theyre questionable at QB, RB, and OL



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Pre-season S.O.S is inherently flawed.
                Exactly. S.O.S. is basically a complete unknown until season's end.


                The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  I really think the Texan defense will be much better, its their offense we should be worried about, theyre questionable at QB, RB, and OL
                  The Texans are okay at RB, granted there isn't anyone close to a home-run threat of any type with Green/Dayne/Lundy, but that's solid if unspectacular depth to carry the ball. I'd be surprised if Kubiak doesn't tweak his offense to give Green, who catches the ball well, a high number of receptions as available receiving options down the field could be slim and the offense line can hold on for only so long. But Kubiak has made screwing up an art form thus far in his tenure, so who knows.

                  The secondary however is still be suspect, I think. Dunta Robinson, like Andre Johnson on the other side of the ball, is an excellent player who deserves more pub, but one man does not a successful secondary make. And we saw that last year, even with an improved front seven. Speaking of, the Amobi Okoye pick was a great one by the Texans, but I think Okoye in his transition to the pros will experience growing pains as a rookie and then make his mark afterwards.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    The Texans are okay at RB, granted there isn't anyone close to a home-run threat of any type with Green/Dayne/Lundy, but that's solid if unspectacular depth to carry the ball. I'd be surprised if Kubiak doesn't tweak his offense to give Green, who catches the ball well, a high number of receptions as available receiving options down the field could be slim and the offense line can hold on for only so long. But Kubiak has made screwing up an art form thus far in his tenure, so who knows.

                    The secondary however is still be suspect, I think. Dunta Robinson, like Andre Johnson on the other side of the ball, is an excellent player who deserves more pub, but one man does not a successful secondary make. And we saw that last year, even with an improved front seven. Speaking of, the Amobi Okoye pick was a great one by the Texans, but I think Okoye in his transition to the pros will experience growing pains as a rookie and then make his mark afterwards.
                    Is Mathis healthy? If he is he's an instant boost to the special teams, and yes I know Green is a good reciever out of the backfield.



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      The Texans are okay at RB, granted there isn't anyone close to a home-run threat of any type with Green/Dayne/Lundy, but that's solid if unspectacular depth to carry the ball. I'd be surprised if Kubiak doesn't tweak his offense to give Green, who catches the ball well, a high number of receptions as available receiving options down the field could be slim and the offense line can hold on for only so long. But Kubiak has made screwing up an art form thus far in his tenure, so who knows.

                      How so? It isn't his fault that he inherited a lousy team from Charlie Casserly, or that Dan Reeves told the owner that David Carr could still be a franchise QB. Please don't tell me that you are referring to the Reggie Bush thing. As if he would have done anything for them last year.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        chicago will not win NFC homefield advantage. They will make the playoffs but be significantly worse than last year.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          JCisAGod

                          6th is prettty nice.


                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Talk of the Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans as potential playoff teams amuses me: they are going to be picking in the Top 5 for yet another year in the Draft imo. Much as I'd love to see the AFC South be a strong conference from top to bottom, to better prepare the Colts for the playoffs, I know firsthand the schedule that the teams in the conference have to play and both the Titans and the Texans are going to struggle to get victories.
                            Yet another year? The Titans have only picked in the top 5 once in recent years. In fact before VY, the last time was when they picked McNair.

                            And they also had one of the league's toughest schedules last season, and picked 19th.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              people saying the begals and steelers belong above the jets make me laugh. last year you werent better than the jets when they were in a defensive transition year, had no RB, and had their Qb coming into his first season after 2 shoulder surgeries. with a healthy chad pennington, the second year in the 34, 2 huge defensive additions, and thomas jones at RB you really think you deserve to move past a team that was better than you in the first place?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
                                people saying the begals and steelers belong above the jets make me laugh. last year you werent better than the jets when they were in a defensive transition year, had no RB, and had their Qb coming into his first season after 2 shoulder surgeries. with a healthy chad pennington, the second year in the 34, 2 huge defensive additions, and thomas jones at RB you really think you deserve to move past a team that was better than you in the first place?
                                Way to only look into the Jets problems and avoid the Steelers/Bengals.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information