X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa 2 UT = Tommie Harris
    4-3 (any scheme) NT = John Henderson
    3-4 NT = Jamal Williams

For the Colts, I'd take Tommie Harris without a second thought.
    Last edited by Dam8610; 07-18-2007, 04:21 PM.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

John Henderson. Marcus Stroud, while very good, is somewhat overrated by national types. At one point he was the better player, but the past few years John has been better and has deserved the Pro Bowl over Marcus.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        Is his first name actually Gravy or is that a nickname that became normal like Pac-Man Jones?
        Nickname. He is gigantic.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
          im pretty sure that was a typo, or he was making fun of how tremendously fat that dude is.
          Yeah. But it's 90% beast.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Henderson is the best and most underrated d-tackle in the league.

Comment

Its close race between John Henderson, Tommie Harris, and Kevin Williams. But i am gong to have to take Kevin Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                That's unfortunate, I was hoping there was a guy actually named Gravy because that would be too awesome.
                He led the NFL in tackles for loss. The best way to quantify the impact Jackson provided is this:

'05 Falcons
                • 26th in rushing yards per game against
                • 32nd in yards per carry against

'06 Falcons
                • 9th in rushing yards per game against
                • 6th in yards per carry against

The Falcons gave up 4.7 YPC against in '05, and 3.7 YPC against in '06. The Falcons added Lawyer Milloy and Grady Jackson and that's it. In fact they played most of the year with no names like Josh Mallard and Paul Carrington at the Defensive End positions, and with Rod Coleman out.

Comment

Even though he's a viking, I'm a big fan of Kevin Willimas. This guy is a playmaker and the best in my eyes. Tommie Harris is right behind him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                    3-4 NT = Jamal Williams

I second this. Although Kevin Williams definitely is right behind Harris, bc of his versatility to play end if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      3-4 NT = Jamal Williams

I'd take Jamal Williams and Richard Seymour over Harris (or maybe Williams as he's been more durable), but it's no secret I would want to tweak the Cover 2/Tampa 2 scheme. As is, it's potentially too flawed for my personal liking.

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      with Rod Coleman out.
                      I don't recall Coleman's injuries, but he missed one game in 2006. (I only checked because I hadn't realized he missed any games.)
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Even though he "played," he was a phantom contributor for about four games. He was hobbled through the middle part of the season, I should have said.

Comment

I thought as much, looking at his 06 gamelog. I must have missed his being injured or forgot it altogether, although I distinctly remember him making plays against the Cowboys on NFLN (when he looked to have been in better health later in the year) and Dick Vermeil praising him.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

He made a resurgence late in the year; unfortunately the season was over at that point.

Comment

Williams and Harris are quick, and definitely beastly, but I just can't see any DT doing their job better than Jamal Williams does. He just crushes two or three guys at a time, every play.

Henderson is the only competition to Williams IMO.

Comment

3-4 is Jamal Williams, but Casey Hampton is a close second
                                4-3 is Marcus Stroud and John Henderson tied.

Overall I'd say Jamal Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information