No announcement yet.

The Best DT in NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a toss up between Tommie Harris and Jamal Williams, depending on what kind of scheme you run, with an honorable mention to John Henderson, who is a great 4-3 NT, which makes him hard to compare to a penetrator like Tommie Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
      I think its a toss up between Tommie Harris and Jamal Williams, depending on what kind of scheme you run, with an honorable mention to John Henderson, who is a great 4-3 NT, which makes him hard to compare to a penetrator like Tommie Harris.
      the top 3 are

Kevin Williams, Jamal Williams and Tommie Harris (no order)

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
        Tampa 2 UT = Tommie Harris
        4-3 (any scheme) NT = John Henderson
        3-4 NT = Jamal Williams

For the Colts, I'd take Tommie Harris without a second thought.
        Tommie Harris would suddenly make that defense frightening.

I rode the Colts defense hard last season, but I have to admit that I may be re-adjusting my position on them. They made a very loud statement with the way they played in the playoffs. After all, they were middle of the pack in 05, when Bob Sanders was healthy all year (absolutely the most important person to their defense). If they could ever get an elite talent at DT, I think it'd make them a consistent top 7 unit. They have pieces in place, they just need a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          the top 3 are

Kevin Williams, Jamal Williams and Tommie Harris (no order)
          John Henderson will eat your children

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

I rode the Colts defense hard last season, but I have to admit that I may be re-adjusting my position on them. They made a very loud statement with the way they played in the playoffs. After all, they were middle of the pack in 05, when Bob Sanders was healthy all year (absolutely the most important person to their defense). If they could ever get an elite talent at DT, I think it'd make them a consistent top 7 unit.
            Indianapolis has a very solid D-Line, but when it comes to replacing Cato June and the members they lost in that secondary, I don't know if they added good enough replacements to make up for the loss. Their offense will be great, but I think it'll be more about their pass defnse this year than their run defense that will cause themselves problems.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              i know who he is. hes top 5 but not 3

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                Indianapolis has a very solid D-Line, but when it comes to replacing Cato June and the members they lost in that secondary, I don't know if they added good enough replacements to make up for the loss. Their offense will be great, but I think it'll be more about their pass defnse this year than their run defense that will cause themselves problems.
                I dunno about that. I personally believe that Freddy Keiaho will be an upgrade to June, who played terribly against the run last year. They Colts seem to lose players in the secondary every year, and then replace them with young guys that fit their Cover Two scheme. Bob Sanders is a top five safety. Antoine Bethea showed flashes of being a great centerfielder, which allowed Sanders to wreak havock around the line of scrimmage in the playoffs. Marlin Jackson is developing into a very nice player as well.

Comment

The most underrated DT, possibly the most underrated defensive player in the NFL is Kelly Gregg.
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                    i know who he is. hes top 5 but not 3
                    You must be joking...
                    Also, consider that Henderson would very, very likely be a dominating nose in the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                      The most underrated DT, possibly the most underrated defensive player in the NFL is Kelly Gregg.
                      Agreed.

If I had to pick just one guy to play tackle right now, it'd be Richard Seymour.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        Agreed.

If I had to pick just one guy to play tackle right now, it'd be Richard Seymour.
                        Can't argue with that.

God, think back when Georgia had Stroud and Seymour on the same line. And Tennessee also had Henderson and Haynesworth at that time as well.

Comment

That's exactly why I'd take him without a second thought, and why I'll be a very unhappy person if the 49ers are picking in round 1 next year and Glenn Dorsey and/or DeMario Pressley are on the board.

I rode the Colts defense hard last season, but I have to admit that I may be re-adjusting my position on them. They made a very loud statement with the way they played in the playoffs. After all, they were middle of the pack in 05, when Bob Sanders was healthy all year (absolutely the most important person to their defense). If they could ever get an elite talent at DT, I think it'd make them a consistent top 7 unit. They have pieces in place, they just need a couple more.
                          Middle of the pack in 2005? Maybe in run defense (where they ranked 17th), but rarely will you have a Tampa 2 team with a great run defense. Other than that, They were a Top 5 defense in both scoring (2nd) and yardage (5th) that year, so, maybe it's just me, but I'd say that defense was just a little bit better than middle of the pack. The 2005 defense showed what a healthy Sanders and an elite DT (Corey Simon that year) can do for this defense.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

You must be joking...
                            Also, consider that Henderson would very, very likely be a dominating nose in the 3-4.
                            woooah jeez..im sorry that i think Harris, Williams-Williams are better. like i said..he can be at 4 or 5 but my top 3 are the above in no order

Comment

The best DT in the NFL is Richard Seymour, John Henderson second. That is my take on this.

Comment

IMO, "Best" is too hard to quantify at this position, given the entirely different roles each type of DT is asked to play. Tommie Harris and Jamal Williams are both great at their respective jobs, but I think both would look average in the other's role.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information