The Best DT in NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    If you want to get technical we shouldn't compare 3-4 Nose Tackles like Jamal Williams to 4-3 Under Tackles like Tommie Harris, Kevin Williams. If you are going to lump all interior D-Lineman together, you need to include players like Seymour and Castillo who play on the interior D-Line.

The 3-4 DE is put at 5-tech, or on the Tackle, so I don't understand how you could say that about Seymour.

As for Henderson, in certain packages he could move to the 1-tech, over the pivot, in a pinch. I'm not talking about full time; rather for versatility's sake.
    Well I dont think it is right to compare Jamal Williams to Tommie Harris. My first response to this thread was Jamal Williams is the best 3-4 NT, Tommie Harris the best 4-3 UT and John Henderson the best 4-3 NT. I dont think we can say which one is the best because they all play such different positions. If we're talking best interior lineman than yea I guess you can go ahead and throw Seymour and other 3-4 DEs into the mix...Were just talking about technicalities at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Because the point of this thread is to discuss the best DT in the NFL.
      what a comeback

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
        Well I dont think it is right to compare Jamal Williams to Tommie Harris. My first response to this thread was Jamal Williams is the best 3-4 NT, Tommie Harris the best 4-3 UT and John Henderson the best 4-3 NT. I dont think we can say which one is the best because they all play such different positions. If we're talking best interior lineman than yea I guess you can go ahead and throw Seymour and other 3-4 DEs into the mix...Were just talking about technicalities at this point.
        I disagree. If you talk about overall. Who can get the job done? If he had a chance to play all those positions then I choose John Henderson. He can play NT for both 4-3 and 3-4 and on ocassion he has done it. He can also play the 3 technique on a 4-3 and heck he can even be a Offensive Tackle.
        myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

• I still say Henderson isn't as good as his teammate Marcus Stroud.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
            I still say Henderson isn't as good as his teammate Marcus Stroud.
            I agree with that. They're both so good though that they can feed off of each other.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
              I still say Henderson isn't as good as his teammate Marcus Stroud.
              To each his own, but as a Jaguars fan I say Henderson is better.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• grady jackson lol i would have to say marcus stroud, tommie harris
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  I agree. Stroud is a little overrated at this point (though still a top-notch player). Henderson is a beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                    so if u had to chose between either stroud or henderson,youd chose henderson

Comment

• for 3-4:
                      for 4-3: John Henderson
                      Last edited by Clayton89; 07-20-2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Tommie Harris, ive watched him and hes a beast when healthy. I think hes just going to continue to improve.
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderfan_89 View Post
                          I disagree. If you talk about overall. Who can get the job done? If he had a chance to play all those positions then I choose John Henderson. He can play NT for both 4-3 and 3-4 and on ocassion he has done it. He can also play the 3 technique on a 4-3 and heck he can even be a Offensive Tackle.
                          nah I dont think when you talk about best DT you can say who can get it done the most ways. Unless Henderson plays for a team that employs both the 3-4 and 4-3 and he is used as a 3-4 NT, a 4-3 NT and a 4-3 UT, I dont really care if he can play all those positions. Im just looking at what player is the most dominant in his role on the defense. And with that being the case, I have to point to Jamal Williams as the best DT.

Comment

• Warren Sapp led all DT's in sacks last year....

...but really, I'll go for John Henderson by a small margin over Kevin Williams (who still didn't play like he did in that amazing 2004 campaign), and if I want a 3-4 NT, I'll take Jamal Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              so if u had to chose between either stroud or henderson,youd chose henderson
                              Yes. Not only for skills, but Stroud has had nagging injury problems.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information