X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Jackson St. Louis Rams :D

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      Buffalo has an explosive offense. Clayton even said a litlle while back that it reminded him of the Rams greatest show on turf. Now I wouldnt go that far at all but they are good.

RB- Lynch, WR- Evans/Parrish TE- Royal/Everett should get the #1 spot this season. The problem has always been the o-line but that looks to be rectified quite abit this year.

Buffalo's young D will be the teller of their success this year, damn they got some talented young safeties.
      The receiving options worry me just a bit. Royal isn't much of a recevier, Everett has one career reception, and it's hard to know what to expect from Roscoe and how his role will be increased this year. Reed and Price... eh. We're moving in the right direction though and Fairchild has really impressed me. I expect an improved running game and overall offense, led my none other than Mr. John Paul Losman

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
        Well we must have different standards for calling a player a bust. He sure as heck hasn't lived up to expectations, but calling him a bust at this point is a bit overboard. It's not like he's been doing horrible. He had 24 TDs last year with only 2 viable WR targets, and then only 1 when the other got injured. You can't put everything on Eli's shoulders. He's a bit inaccurate at times, but much of that can be accredited to Burress running poor routes. Eli started out hot until his most reliable WR went down, and other injuries set in. You can't have Tim Carter and David Tyree as your #2 and #3 recievers and expect Eli to do well. It's a team game, Eli is only human.

So would you consider David Carr a bust? That's not a fair assesment of a player considering his circumstances.
        ... Ben Managed wiht Nate Washington, Holmes, Sean Morey and Walter Young...

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Well we must have different standards for calling a player a bust. He sure as heck hasn't lived up to expectations, but calling him a bust at this point is a bit overboard. It's not like he's been doing horrible. He had 24 TDs last year with only 2 viable WR targets, and then only 1 when the other got injured. You can't put everything on Eli's shoulders. He's a bit inaccurate at times, but much of that can be accredited to Burress running poor routes. Eli started out hot until his most reliable WR went down, and other injuries set in. You can't have Tim Carter and David Tyree as your #2 and #3 recievers and expect Eli to do well. It's a team game, Eli is only human.

So would you consider David Carr a bust? That's not a fair assesment of a player considering his circumstances.
          David Carr had no Offensive Line, on an expansion team. He didn't have a Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress or anything even resembling a blocking OL. Hell Luke Pettigout and Diehl would have looked like All-Pro's with what Carr had to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            Don't give me the Big Ben line. Ben had a superb defense a superb offensive line and a superb running back. Great, he completed 14 of the 20 passes he threw every game.

David Carr had no Offensive Line, on an expansion team. He didn't have a Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress or anything even resembling a blocking OL. Hell Luke Pettigout and Diehl would have looked like All-Pro's with what Carr had to work with.
            Tiki Barber was a great asset to Eli, no question about it. Plaxico Burress can make the big play, but he's not exactly a reliable reciever. Some of those passes on which Eli looked way off, were Plax running a bad route. Eli had great chemistry with Toomer, who was very reliable and a good route runner. It's not just a coincidence that Eli started playing poorly when his recievers were Plax, Tim Carter and David Tyree. Luke Petitgout was infamous for killing drives with his penalties; He was a decent blocker I must say.

My point in referancing Carr was that it's a team sport. Is it just a coincidence that Rivers and Ben had great seasons with teams that made it deep into the playoffs? It's a team game and you have to look at the circumstances. We had starters injuried on defense, which forced Eli to play for behind a lot. He lost his #2 WR on a team that had no WR depth and he lost his starting LT. Can you honestly put all the blame on his shoulders? Stick Eli or Carr on the Chargers and they'll do just as good as Rivers. Stick Rivers on a team riddled with injuries, and he'll do no better than Eli.

Comment

He lost his #2 WR on a team that had no WR depth and he lost his starting LT. Can you honestly put all the blame on his shoulders?
              Donovan McNabb has done superbly for years with such stalwarts as Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis as some of his wideouts. You can still make it happen despite crappy WR. Maybe if Eli would remember he's got a sick TE to work with and dump it off to him every now and then that would be a good starting point. Bottom line is, other guys have done a lot more with less than Eli has. Tom Brady anyone? I'm pretty sure I'd take Plaxico and whoever your #2 was last year over Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, wouldn't you?

Comment

Brady managed with Caldwell, Troy brown and half of Gaffney and half of Gabriel.. with no pro bowl RBs

what are u trying to say?

It doesnt matter who your WRs are..if you a really good QB..you'll get it done.

Comment

So far Ahmad Carroll, Rashaun Woods and Robert Gallery. Althought Gallery can still become a pretty good OT.
                  myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                    Donovan McNabb has done superbly for years with such stalwarts as Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis as some of his wideouts. You can still make it happen despite crappy WR. Maybe if Eli would remember he's got a sick TE to work with and dump it off to him every now and then that would be a good starting point. Bottom line is, other guys have done a lot more with less than Eli has. Tom Brady anyone? I'm pretty sure I'd take Plaxico and whoever your #2 was last year over Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, wouldn't you?
                    Those are two different offensive systems. The Eagles play in a system in which you put 4 recievers onto the field, make them run, and hopefully McNabb finds an open one. The Giants offensive coordinator was a nincompoop and was replaced before the season even ended for a reason. He didn't utilize Shockey properly, he didn't utilize Eli or the WRs properly. He managed to use Tiki well, but that's all. So if you throw in the Patriot's offensive playcaller along with those two guys, i'd make the trade. I'm personally not that high on Plaxico Burress and Tim Carter is already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      The receiving options worry me just a bit. Royal isn't much of a recevier, Everett has one career reception, and it's hard to know what to expect from Roscoe and how his role will be increased this year. Reed and Price... eh. We're moving in the right direction though and Fairchild has really impressed me. I expect an improved running game and overall offense, led my none other than Mr. John Paul Losman
                      This is Everett's breakout year.

Him and Dwayne Wright are two underrated guys who will make a big impact.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                        It doesnt matter who your WRs are..if you have a system tailored to your strengths..you'll get it done.
                        Fixed.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          Brady managed with Caldwell, Troy brown and half of Gaffney and half of Gabriel.. with no pro bowl RBs

what are u trying to say?

It doesnt matter who your WRs are..if you a really good QB..you'll get it done.
                          You said Exactly what I was trying to say.

Comment

Rashaun woods all the way

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
                              Rashaun woods all the way
                              I agree, i used him in Madden the other day and i could tell what is gonna happen this year

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

We need to get rid of Kenechi Udeze. He is not a Cover-2 defensive end.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information