• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CURTIS MARTIN

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3
      CURTIS MARTIN
      Just curious, but when was Curtis Martin ever the best RB in the league, or even one of the most feared RBs? Yes, he had some good seasons and was very durable, but I never remember him being one of the very best RBs in the NFL.

In my opinion, he seems like the RB version of Art Monk.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Sure Fire;

Brett Favre
        Peyton Manning
        Tom Brady
        LaDainian Tomlinson
        Marvin Harrison
        Orlando Pace
        Jonathan Ogden
        Michael Strahan
        Champ Bailey
        Ty Law
        Ray Lewis
        Brian Urlacher
        Junior Seau
        Warren Sapp

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81
          CURTIS MARTIN
          Just curious, but when was Curtis Martin ever the best RB in the league, or even one of the most feared RBs? Yes, he had some good seasons and was very durable, but I never remember him being one of the very best RBs in the NFL.

#4 in rushing yards all time doesnt get you in :shock:

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

If Curtis Martin gets in, then that paves the way for above average players who played a long time. Might as well put Keenan McCardell and Issac Bruce in too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4pAc
              CURTIS MARTIN

#4 in rushing yards all time doesnt get you in :shock:
              Again, has extremely durable, but when was he the best RB in the league?

Also, Art Monk retired as the career leader in receptions, yet is not in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

don't forget about Adam Vinatieri....

as for coaches go (some may be in already)
                -Parcells
                -Gibbs
                -Belichek
                -Holmgrem
                -Cowher

^^Sig From Nvot9
                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                  Sure Fire;

Brett Favre
                  Peyton Manning
                  Tom Brady
                  LaDainian Tomlinson
                  Marvin Harrison
                  Orlando Pace
                  Jonathan Ogden
                  Michael Strahan
                  Champ Bailey
                  Ty Law
                  Ray Lewis
                  Brian Urlacher
                  Junior Seau
                  Warren Sapp
                  Add Shields and Gonzo and like it. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                    Sure Fire;

Brett Favre
                    Peyton Manning
                    Tom Brady
                    LaDainian Tomlinson
                    Marvin Harrison
                    Orlando Pace
                    Jonathan Ogden
                    Michael Strahan
                    Champ Bailey
                    Ty Law
                    Ray Lewis
                    Brian Urlacher
                    Junior Seau
                    Warren Sapp
                    i'd agree with that list... but in a couple years i think you could add Olin Kreutz to that list... although Centers rarely get in, he has been the best in the game at his position for at least 3 years, and probably at least 3 or 4 more to come.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

For Curtis Martin,

Year | Rushing Yards | League Rank | Yards from Scrimmage | League Rank

1995 | 1487 | 03 | 1748 | 05
                      1996 | 1152 | 09 | 1485 | 08
                      1997 | 1160 | 08 | 1456 | 10
                      1998 | 1287 | 08 | 1652 | 05
                      1999 | 1464 | 02 | 1723 | 05
                      2000 | 1204 | 12 | 1712 | 09
                      2001 | 1513 | 02 | 1883 | 04
                      2002 | 1094 | 15 | 1456 | 19
                      2003 | 1308 | 12 | 1570 | 14
                      2004 | 1697 | 01 | 1942 | 03

Pretty darn impressive. Among the top 10 in yards from scrimmage 8 times in his career. He led the league in rushing once, finished second twice, and came in third once. Although he was only the 'best' statistically once, hardly any other player can be that consistent. Running backs take the most hits, and most only have a shelf life of 5 or 6 years. He was consistently once of the best for 11 years.

My take: he's in.

Comment

i see like 4 lists without Brett Favre. Call me a packers homer, but that's just ******* stupid. he's easily the biggest lock currently in the NFL.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                          i see like 4 lists without Brett Favre. Call me a packers homer, but that's just *********** stupid. he's easily the biggest lock currently in the NFL.
                          I think they're probably just forgetting him. Anyone that thinks he won't get in has to have some kind of disability.

Comment

All homerism aside, anyone who has an OL and not Ogden, or defensive player and not Ray Lewis is rediculous. Ray has two DPOY awards and a super bowl MVP, and Ogden has been to more probowls than any active OL and was the most dominant OL of his era. People have short memories; not long ago Ray was winning the argument over who was the greatest MLB of all time. Same with Ogden at OT, he was in the mix. They're as sure fire as it gets along with Favre, Brady and Manning. Thats the list. You have to be dominant in your era, understand what that means. That's not flavor of the month or who was good for the past three years. Think about how many probowls (is it approaching double digits?), DPOY/OPOY's, records, MVP's and rings the guys on your list have been to compared to those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohleive
                              All homerism aside, anyone who has an OL and not Ogden, or defensive player and not Ray Lewis is rediculous. Ray has two DPOY awards and a super bowl MVP, and [Ogden has been to more probowls than any active OL and was the most dominant OL of his era. People have short memories; not long ago Ray was winning the argument over who was the greatest MLB of all time. Same with Ogden at OT, he was in the mix. They're as sure fire as it gets along with Brady and Manning. Thats the list. You have to be dominant in your era, understand what that means. That's not flavor of the month or who was good for the past three years. Think about how many probowls (is it approaching double digits?), DPOY/OPOY's, records, MVP's and rings the guys on your list have been to compared to those guys.
                              I beg to differ; Orlando Pace and Willie Roaf were better during their prime, and they shut-down the very best DEs in the league. Ogden dominated average and below-average talent, but struggled against the top DEs in the league.

Ogden gets a lot of hype, but he is a step below Pace and Roaf on the all-time OT rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohleive
                                All homerism aside, anyone who has an OL and not Ogden, or defensive player and not Ray Lewis is rediculous. Ray has two DPOY awards and a super bowl MVP, and [Ogden has been to more probowls than any active OL and was the most dominant OL of his era. People have short memories; not long ago Ray was winning the argument over who was the greatest MLB of all time. Same with Ogden at OT, he was in the mix. They're as sure fire as it gets along with Brady and Manning. Thats the list. You have to be dominant in your era, understand what that means. That's not flavor of the month or who was good for the past three years. Think about how many probowls (is it approaching double digits?), DPOY/OPOY's, records, MVP's and rings the guys on your list have been to compared to those guys.
                                I beg to differ; Orlando Pace and Willie Roaf were better during their prime, and they shut-down the very best DEs in the league. Ogden dominated average and below-average talent, but struggled against the top DEs in the league.

Ogden gets a lot of hype, but he is a step below Pace and Roaf on the all-time OT rankings.
                                What?? Who did Pace line up against in the NFC west? And Roaf, Roaf is the one who's overhyped, simply because he played on a great Chiefs OL, blocking for some great backs. Why don't you compare Pro Bowls or All Pro's; those are the only stats you can get on OL and JO dominates those for his time. The only guy who could challenge JO for the title was Boselli and tragically he didn't get his chance.
                                You have to factor in consistency, you can't say somebody else as better in their prime (what is this anyways? A 2-year window? 1?). Consistency helps eliminate the variables involved such as the argument that JO has faced weak opposition. Thats rediculous, he's faced and dominated so many different guys. JO was better than those guys in their prime anyways, he never had a single probowler on the line with him, and still dominated. OL has been a weak link for the Ravens for their entire existence almost and still JO has never not been looked at as a top 5 OT. Pace played on one of the most prolific offenses of all time and has not made as many pro bowls or all-pro teams. What have the Ravens always been known for? Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information