No announcement yet.

Surefire Hall-of-Famers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also put years it could take to put them in (including the 5yr delay)
    Favre (5-6)
    Manning(5-7)
    Brady(5-10)
    Warner?(10+)
    Tomlinson(5-7)
    Martin(5-7)
    Tiki Barber(Does he count?)(5-9)
    Faulk (6-16)
    Harrison (5-15)
    Galloway (10-20)
    McCardell (10-20)
    Pace (6-12)
    Roaf (6-12)
    Gonzalez (8-15)
    Gates? (10+ for now)
    Strahan (5-10)
    Bailey (6-10)
    Law (6-10)
    Ray Lewis (5-6)
    Urlacher (5-10)
    Sapp (7-15)
    Vinatieri (15-25)

Players who arent so surefire
    Edge: If he is highly successful in Arizona than he could get in.

Ed Reed: As stated earlier another year as the top safety then he'll get in.

Ahman Green: Green Bay's (future or present) all-time leading rusher, which means he beat out Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung.

TO: He has to go out of his career as a guy with a good personality(GROW UP!)

Moss: If he has another great season then maybe he will. He's been quiet for awhile until Lan Kiffin came in.

Gramama Johnson: If he plays long enough.

Alexander: It depends if he rebounds.

Along list, but not saying all will get picked the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4
      I also put years it could take to put them in (including the 5yr delay)
      Favre (5-6)
      Manning(5-7)
      Brady(5-10)
      Warner?(10+)
      Tomlinson(5-7)
      Martin(5-7)
      Tiki Barber(Does he count?)(5-9)
      Faulk (6-16)
      Harrison (5-15)
      Galloway (10-20)
      McCardell (10-20)
      Pace (6-12)
      Roaf (6-12)
      Gonzalez (8-15)
      Gates? (10+ for now)
      Strahan (5-10)
      Bailey (6-10)
      Law (6-10)
      Ray Lewis (5-6)
      Urlacher (5-10)
      Sapp (7-15)
      Vinatieri (15-25)
      Warner doesn't have a shot in hell and I think you're way too harsh on these years. Favre, Ray, Peyton and some others are all first ballot locks. And 15 years for Vinatieri?

Comment

Can I mention the DMVP without being a homer?

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Bohleive
          Originally posted by eazyb81
          All homerism aside, anyone who has an OL and not Ogden, or defensive player and not Ray Lewis is rediculous. Ray has two DPOY awards and a super bowl MVP, and [Ogden has been to more probowls than any active OL and was the most dominant OL of his era. People have short memories; not long ago Ray was winning the argument over who was the greatest MLB of all time. Same with Ogden at OT, he was in the mix. They're as sure fire as it gets along with Brady and Manning. Thats the list. You have to be dominant in your era, understand what that means. That's not flavor of the month or who was good for the past three years. Think about how many probowls (is it approaching double digits?), DPOY/OPOY's, records, MVP's and rings the guys on your list have been to compared to those guys.
          I beg to differ; Orlando Pace and Willie Roaf were better during their prime, and they shut-down the very best DEs in the league. Ogden dominated average and below-average talent, but struggled against the top DEs in the league.

Ogden gets a lot of hype, but he is a step below Pace and Roaf on the all-time OT rankings.
          What?? Who did Pace line up against in the NFC west? And Roaf, Roaf is the one who's overhyped, simply because he played on a great Chiefs OL, blocking for some great backs. Why don't you compare Pro Bowls or All Pro's; those are the only stats you can get on OL and JO dominates those for his time. The only guy who could challenge JO for the title was Boselli and tragically he didn't get his chance.
          Yes, guys like Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Derrick Blaylock...they've always been known as great NFL players, right? They were the ones that were making that KC O-line look good, not the other way around. The odd thing is that KC's offense took a huge nosedive this year for some reason....I still can't figure out what was missing.

You're right, Pro Bowls and All Pros are the only way to compare HOF credentials, thanks for making that highly intelligent point.

Do you think Ogden still has nightmares about Freeney?

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
            Vinatieri (15-25)
            Warner doesn't have a shot in hell and I think you're way too harsh on these years. Favre, Ray, Peyton and some others are all first ballot locks. And 15 years for Vinatieri?
            I just dont know how kind the voters will be on a kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
              Sure Fire;

Brett Favre
              Peyton Manning
              Tom Brady
              LaDainian Tomlinson
              Marvin Harrison
              Orlando Pace
              Jonathan Ogden
              Michael Strahan
              Champ Bailey
              Ty Law
              Ray Lewis
              Brian Urlacher
              Junior Seau
              Warren Sapp
              Urlacher is not sure fire. A Superbowl MVP or another DMVP would definitely help the arguement but he is not a lock yet.

Comment

All homerism aside, anyone who has an OL and not Ogden, or defensive player and not Ray Lewis is rediculous. Ray has two DPOY awards and a super bowl MVP, and [Ogden has been to more probowls than any active OL and was the most dominant OL of his era. People have short memories; not long ago Ray was winning the argument over who was the greatest MLB of all time. Same with Ogden at OT, he was in the mix. They're as sure fire as it gets along with Brady and Manning. Thats the list. You have to be dominant in your era, understand what that means. That's not flavor of the month or who was good for the past three years. Think about how many probowls (is it approaching double digits?), DPOY/OPOY's, records, MVP's and rings the guys on your list have been to compared to those guys.
                I beg to differ; Orlando Pace and Willie Roaf were better during their prime, and they shut-down the very best DEs in the league. Ogden dominated average and below-average talent, but struggled against the top DEs in the league.

Ogden gets a lot of hype, but he is a step below Pace and Roaf on the all-time OT rankings.
                What?? Who did Pace line up against in the NFC west? And Roaf, Roaf is the one who's overhyped, simply because he played on a great Chiefs OL, blocking for some great backs. Why don't you compare Pro Bowls or All Pro's; those are the only stats you can get on OL and JO dominates those for his time. The only guy who could challenge JO for the title was Boselli and tragically he didn't get his chance.
                Yes, guys like Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Derrick Blaylock...they've always been known as great NFL players, right? They were the ones that were making that KC O-line look good, not the other way around. The odd thing is that KC's offense took a huge nosedive this year for some reason....I still can't figure out what was missing.

You're right, Pro Bowls and All Pros are the only way to compare HOF credentials, thanks for making that highly intelligent point.

Maybe KC's offense took a nosedive because they lost both their OT's, their offensive coordinator, their HC and their starting Quarterback missed half the year with a concussion that he never seemed to recover from. No, it was entirely Roaf. And why is it you don't mention any of the Cheifs interior linemen?
                They still weren't bad. A nose dive? Are you saying it their D that got them to the playoffs?
                Freeny had one good game against JO. How many sacks did Freeny get this year? 0. And thats after JO's prime.
                And as for the Pro bowls and ALL Pros please enlighten as to all of the other relevant stats regarding OL. Without stats it's all conjecture.

Comment

Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                  don't forget about Adam Vinatieri....

as for coaches go (some may be in already)
                  -Parcells
                  -Gibbs
                  -Belichek
                  -Holmgrem
                  -Cowher
                  I'm not sure Holmgren gets in or not. He got to 3 SBs but only won one of them. He has a good record but he could go either way. Same for Cower.
                  Ahman Green: Green Bay's (future or present) all-time leading rusher, which means he beat out Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung.
                  No way Green gets in. He is not deserving at all of the HoF.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                    Originally posted by TitleTown088
                    i see like 4 lists without Brett Favre. Call me a packers homer, but that's just *********** stupid. he's easily the biggest lock currently in the NFL.
                    I think they're probably just forgetting him. Anyone that thinks he won't get in has to have some kind of disability.
                    Texico...

Comment

Maybe KC's offense took a nosedive because they lost both their OT's, their offensive coordinator, their HC and their starting Quarterback missed half the year with a concussion that he never seemed to recover from. No, maybe it was entirely Roaf. They still weren't bad. A nose dive? Are you saying it their D that got them to the playoffs?
                      What other tackle are you referring to? Kevin Sampson? Yeah, he was a huge loss. Saunders and Vermeil could have played a small role, but we used the exact same offensive system that we had used in prior years, and kept the coaching staff in tact minus those two. Huard performed very well in place of Green, so that really had no effect.

Yes, the D was primarily responsible for getting KC to the playoffs. I'm guessing you didn't watch many KC games this season, and just assumed that their D still sucks becuase they sucked in past years.

Freeny had one good game against JO. How many sacks did Freeny get this year? 0. And thats after JO's prime.
                      And as for the Pro bowls and ALL Pros please enlighten as to all of the other relevant stats regarding OL. Without stats it's all conjecture.
                      Of course it's conjecture; this whole thread is conjecture since presumably no one on here gets to vote for HOF. Furthermore, Pro Bowls and All-Pros aren't "stats".

I stand by my original point - Ogden gets overhyped because he dominates against mid-tier competition, but struggles against the elite ends in the game. I've never seen Pace or Roaf get manhandled like Ogden has been on occassion.

Comment

Maybe KC's offense took a nosedive because they lost both their OT's, their offensive coordinator, their HC and their starting Quarterback missed half the year with a concussion that he never seemed to recover from. No, maybe it was entirely Roaf. They still weren't bad. A nose dive? Are you saying it their D that got them to the playoffs?
                        What other tackle are you referring to? Kevin Sampson? Yeah, he was a huge loss. Saunders and Vermeil could have played a small role, but we used the exact same offensive system that we had used in prior years, and kept the coaching staff in tact minus those two. Huard performed very well in place of Green, so that really had no effect.

Yes, the D was primarily responsible for getting KC to the playoffs. I'm guessing you didn't watch many KC games this season, and just assumed that their D still sucks becuase they sucked in past years.

Of course it's conjecture; this whole thread is conjecture since presumably no one on here gets to vote for HOF. Furthermore, Pro Bowls and All-Pros aren't "stats".

I stand by my original point - Ogden gets overhyped because he dominates against mid-tier competition, but struggles against the elite ends in the game. I've never seen Pace or Roaf get manhandled like Ogden has been on occassion.
                        Obviously the whole thread is conjecture but you use stats to prove a point. OL only have one stat; awards. Tell me stats don't factor into HOF selections.
                        And what is this mid-tier competition? And who is this elite competition that the other two faced? Man-handled? Because of one two-sack game against Freeny in his dome? You do realize that since then he's faced Freeny twice and not given up a sack, right? And that was all past his 'prime'. Who else dominated him? I'm dying to know. Give some names.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddenPlayer52
                          Do yall think Ed Reed is a lock or does he have to do more. IMO if he continues to be the best safety in the NFL he will but as of now im not sure he is a lock. Maybe 1 more year.

Try like 5 or 6. You need at least 7-8 years at the top of your game to even be considered. Ask Terrell Davis.

It always amazes me how you guys think everyone gets into the HOF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Ahman Green was listed in this thread That made my day

Comment

Obviously the whole thread is conjecture but you use stats to prove a point. OL only have one stat; awards. Tell me stats don't factor into HOF selections.
                              And what is this mid-tier competition? And who is this elite competition that the other two faced? Man-handled? Because of one two-sack game against Freeny in his dome? You do realize that since then he's faced Freeny twice and not given up a sack, right? And that was all past his 'prime'. Who else dominated him? I'm dying to know. Give some names.
                              Pay attention: awards aren't "stats", they are awards, and there are a multitude of reasons why a particular player may get voted for an award. Is Ogden a great OT? Sure? Is he one of the top 5 ever? No. Was he at least the best in his era? NO.

As a Baltimore fan, i'm surprised that you continue to defend Ogden's performances against dominant speed rushers - he has struggled against them his entire career. Are you a new Ravens fan? That's the only excuse I can think of.

Comment

hines ward is above swann and stallworth on pretty much all steeler receiving records, has a ring, and is a superbowl mvp

alan faneca has six pro bowls in a row and will probably continue that until he retires/doesn't start. (he's only 30)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information