No announcement yet.

Tarik Glenn=RETIRED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about throwing a curveball......Ugoh better figure it out quick or they'll keep trying to fit pieces of the puzzle where they're not suppose to go

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

He's a great OT and a big loss if it's true, but I don't know, sometimes I think you could throw 5 clones of Justin Hartwig on their OL and it won't make much difference.

Unless they're playing a 3-4 that is.

Comment

If I had to guess right now, Tony Ugoh isn't the starter at left tackle for the season opener. It's Charlie Johnson, a second-year man who primarily saw backup duty at right tackle last year (including playing most of SB XLI).
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          Way to overstate those first two losses. The third isn't confirmed by any reputable source yet either.
          It's not an overstatement; they lost their number 1 corner and number 1 LB.

Comment

Not to get too into it to the point of derailing, but suffice to say that the Colts let them walk and for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
              Cato June was the Colts #1 LB? Based off his play last year, I'd probably rank him lower. He was part of the run - defense problem, him and Gilb Gardner were the worst tacklers ever. MJD, while a beast, shook them off like they were Pop Warner players or women.
              Its still a big loss

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

To the people saying Cato June is a significant loss, how much of the Colts did you actually watch last year? Or are you just looking at the stats and seeing he had a bunch of tackles? There's a reason that it took forever for him to be signed with another team.

And this is a huge loss if its true. I agree with Geo that Charlie will probably be starting and I'm a huge fan of him myself. He's a very versatile player and I think he can hold his own this year if need be.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Good news if your a Niner fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                    What day would that be? I doubt it's "the day Tarik Glenn retires".
                    The day Peyton Manning becomes easier to injure

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Well this makes the Ugoh pick make a lot more sense, the Colts obviously saw this coming. Is it definite he will retire though? I would think he would have wanted to finish out his contract and get a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        It's not an overstatement; they lost their number 1 corner and number 1 LB.
                        Lets be real, Nick Harper and Cato June were not great players and are easily replaceable. They have 3 young CBs picked on the first day (Jackson, Hayden, Jennings) and they picked up Hughes, who should be a steal and do great in the cover 2. Harper wasnt much better than any of those guys and they all have more upside than him. June was a horrible run defender and I wouldnt be the least but surprised to see Keihaho turn out to be better than him. These are not the kind of losses that are gonna make a real difference especially on well-coached cover 2 D with a team that is obviously good at grooming young talent and prepare themselves for FA departures (Edge, Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, Larry Tripplett.....)

Comment

http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_...201225918.html

Is Colts' Tarik Glenn thinking about retirement?

By Tom James
                          Tribune-Star Correspondent

INDIANAPOLIS ó Multiple media reports Friday evening appear to indicate that Indianapolis Colts offensive tackle Tarik Glenn may be mulling retirement.

While Glenn is not expected to make an official announcement until early next week, he has reportedly already told several of his teammates of his pending decision. Glenn and Colts coach Tony Dungy spoke earlier this week, but Dungy would not divulge the extent of the conversation.

Glennís agent, Ralph Cindrich, would also not talk about such a move. Cindrich referred all questions to the 10-year veteran, but Glenn was unavailable to comment Friday night on his long-term future with the team.

A former University of California standout, Glenn was the Coltsí first-round draft pick in 1997. He has played in three Pro Bowls, two as a starter, and has started all 154 career games since coming to Indianapolis.

The team drafted former University of Arkansas offensive tackle Tony Ugoh in the second round last April as a possible future replacement for Glenn, who is due to become a free agent at the end of the 2007 season.

Colts officials had hoped to work Ugoh into the offensive tackle rotation slowly this season and was considering also getting him some playing time at offensive guard. Second-year offensive tackle Charlie Johnson, who filled in for both Glenn and Ryan Diem as a rookie last year, could be the primary candidate to replace Glenn in the starting lineup should he decide to retire.

Comment

whatever the decision be,i believe the colts have more of a problem on the other side of the ball which they need to adress really fast

Comment

but imo i think ugoh could potentially be better then glenn

but that is just my opinion

Comment

The thing I'll always remember about Tarik Glenn is when MNF would get the players to announce themselves and Tarik did his he said his name so slow that it made him sound like an idiot.

Thanks for reading my story.

stephenson86

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information