Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were your preseason predictions from last year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How were your preseason predictions from last year?

Its about time for TC + Preseason. As we all make our predictions for the upcoming 07-08 season, i was wondering how peoples predictions for the 06-07 season turned out.

For example, i remember getting caught up in the hype of the dolphins. I definitely thought they were bound for a deep playoff run. I was way off on that one.

However, i thought the cardinals would be bad, and i was right on that. I didn't get caught up in that hype machine.

I also remember some general predictions about how the two worst teams would be the 49ers and bills from this site. Both teams i think were predicted to pick 1+ 2 in the draft here. They just forgot to add a 1 in the beginning of both teams as the niners picked 11 and bills 12. Two teams predicted to be terrible whiched exceeded expectations. (On a side note, i believe these are the top two teams on the rise, in no particular order).

Did your predictions from last year come true or fizzle out?

Don't remember much but i do remeber predicting the Redskins having a sub .500 season correctly when everyone in the media was hyping them making a deep playofff run and identifying them as a superbowl contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
      Don't remember much but i do remeber predicting the Redskins having a sub .500 season correctly when everyone in the media was hyping them making a deep playofff run and identifying them as a superbowl contender.
      A friend of mine went through our respective teams schedule during the pre season, and we concluded that the chargers would go 13-3 and the packers would go 9-7..

i suspect both teams won't be as good as their records were last year.. but i wouldnt be surprised if they were

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I was a little bit off.......

I believe I said Superbowl Champs would be Carolina, I nailed the AFC Champs though I said Colts would be AFC Champs but I said they would beat Cincinnati in the AFC Championship.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
          I was a little bit off.......

I believe I said Superbowl Champs would be Carolina, I nailed the AFC Champs though I said Colts would be AFC Champs but I said they would beat Cincinnati in the AFC Championship.
          same scenario here

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I write down all my predictions (game by game) so that I can have an accurate prediction of each team's record. I'll put up my 2006 predictions soon....
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

2006 Predictions

NFC East - Giants (11-5)

NFC North - Bears (8-8)

NFC South - Falcons (11-5)

NFC West - Seahawks (12-4)

AFC East - Bills (9-7)

AFC North - Bengals (11-5)

AFC South - Colts (12-4)

AFC West - Chiefs (10-6)

NFC Wild Card

-Cowboys (10-6)
              -Rams (10-6)

AFC Wildcard

-Jaguars (12-4)
              -Ravens (10-6)

NFC Championship

Falcons over Giants

AFC Championship

Colts over Jaguars

Super Bowl

Colts over Falcons

Other notables:

Chargers (6-10)
              Saints (7-9)
              Eagles (6-10)
              Jets (5-11)

I had a pretty tough year.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Mine... (I didn't pick records, just standings)

AFC division champs
                South - Indy
                North - Pittsburgh
                East - New England
                West - Denver

Wildcard
                1. Jacksonville
                2. Cincinnati

....Not too bad in the AFC, the NFC is where it gets bad.

Division Champs
                East - Washington
                North - Minnesota (WOW)
                South - Carolina
                West - Seattle

Wildcard
                1. Tampa Bay
                2. New York Giants

Notable screw-ups... Saints/Eagles were picked to finish last in their division. I was all but sure the Titans would be the worst team in the league (I was right until VY showed up).

Comment

And btw my worst screw up on my predictions last year was that the Ravens would go 5-11.
                  HALL OF FAMER!
                  PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                  JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I don't remember much of what I had but I know I had the Redskins in the Super Bowl :o

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I said Bills would be 7-9 and there were

I'll go 7-9 again

Comment

I can't even remmeber what I ate for breakfast, how am I supposed to remember my picks from a year ago.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                          I can't even remmeber what I ate for breakfast, how am I supposed to remember my picks from a year ago.
                          Lol.

I remember that I didn't buy into the Carolina and Miami hype, but I thought the Raiders would make the playoffs, and I thought the Bills would win the AFC East. I thought the Jaguars would win the AFC South (Colts a wildcard). I did the whole league, but I don't remember much more than the previous.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

All I remember is predicting big things for the Panthers. I'm sure I made predictions on this board, I just have no idea where I'd find them.

Comment

Let's laugh at the wrong!
                              • The Baltimore Ravens earn a Top 5 pick and Billick gets the boot to his mind-numbingly annoying ass.
                              • Picked the Washington Redskins to win the NFC East, buying into the hype of Al Saunders (seriously, lol @ me). More over, I picked them to represent the NFC in Miami.
                              • Didn't have the San Diego Chargers as a playoff team.
                              • Both the Carolina Panthers and the Atlanta Falcons get into the playoffs.
                              • The Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars get back to the playoffs for a consecutive year.
                              • Actually thought the Arizona Cardinals would win the NFC West.

But wait, there's some good!
                              • Direct quote: "With a cakewalk schedule, a team of returning starters, and every single other rival dealing with new coaches/regimes/players, da Bears will have the number one seed in the NFC."
                              • Thought the Indianapolis Colts would get to Miami and win SB XLI, albeit against the Redskins (see above). Obviously I picked both the Colts and the England Patriots to win their divisions.
                              • The Seattle Seahawks break the string of Super Bowl losers and get back to the playoffs.
                              • Didn't buy the hype of the Miami Dolphins like so many others (nice SB prediction, Sports Illustrated! What idiots, lol). Said they were at least one year away under Saban.
                              • The Kansas City Chiefs would get back into the playoffs with Herm Edwars aka the RB Killer.
                              • The Tampa Bay Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs, despite winning the division in 2005.
                              • The Buffalo Bills were going to improve for the better by a good deal.

If you'll remember, I also put up the sig after SB XL that Peyton Manning and the Colts would win 3 (or was it 2? I'm pretty sure it was 3) Super Bowls in the next 5 years. Obviously, few if any agreed with me at the time and more laughed at the idea. A third of the way there, boys.
                              Last edited by Geo; 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information