Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeCharles Bentley :I'm Good to Go"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

CLEVELAND -- Browns center LeCharles Bentley was cleared by his surgeon to return to the playing field on Monday, another major step in his unexpected comeback from a career-threatening knee injury.
    I think that this might be one of the best stories leading into the season. I mean, he almost had his leg chopped off. I really hope that he succeeds well with the browns and at least he doesn't have to carry the load of the o-line by himself with the browns recent acquisitions.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Nice to hear. I just hope he's not rushing it and coming back too soon.

Comment

yeah, last thing he needs is to rush into and.. well actually never play again.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I heard if he doesn't tear his knee on the first play then he will tear it on the second...

I doubt he'd pass a physical though if that were true.

Comment

Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I hope he can return to the level that he was at before the injury and surgeries. He was a dominant player, and I wish him the best personally and professionally.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

i like bentley. I always drafted him as my center in madden fantasy drafts. Hope he does well.

Comment

I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.

Comment

This is good news to hear, Im really pulling for this guy to come back and be like the player he once was.

Comment

Glad to hear it, it would have been tragic if his career would have ended like that...lets just hope he can make a succesful comeback I would hate to see him reinjure it

Comment

I'm pulling for this guy. I hope he is 100% and is not rushing anything.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.
                        Me too, it seems pretty fast for how bad it was. But I'm hoping all goes well.

Comment

Bentley's not a QB, and if he were to show the signs Culpepper and Big Ben showed early in the seasons of their injuries, then there is no way the coaches rush him in. It's not like they don't have a good player in at center and both guard spots as it is with Fraley, Steinbach, Tucker, and Seth McKinney all in the mix. But as it sounds I think Bentley will actually play this year and not have to go on the PUP list even. Great news for LeCharles, it would be a great boost to the lockeroom and team morale if he can make that improbable comback. Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it. Obviously LCB won't be what he was, but there are more things than leg strength that made him a pro bowl center. I think he'll be a great player still after he comes back. Hopefully Cleveland's luck is changing.
                          Last edited by keylime_5; 07-23-2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it.
                            Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                              Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.

Then, why did he work so hard to come back?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information