• Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick ordered by Goodell to not attend Camp

I saw it on PFT and they sourced Fox 5 News in Atlanta:

LINK

UPDATE

LINK

That's pretty big news.
    Last edited by Shiver; 07-23-2007, 07:55 PM.

Maybe its true but I never believe anything on PFT if thats the only place its being reported.

Comment

I would assume this will be a paid leave of absence......smart move for him; he can focus on his trial and in addition the Falcons can create chemistry with the QBs that will be there everyday of the week

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I don't think Vick had a whole lot of choice here. He wanted to play football, and who knows, that may have helped. If he had played well while in court, it would have at least impressed some fans.

This is definitely the right move for Atlanta and the NFL though. The distraction would have been massive.

Comment

If he leaves, does that mean the end of Vick in ATL?

Comment

If its true its a good move for Vick, The Falcons Orginization and the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I'm willing to bet that he's already played his last down in his NFL Career. What he's doing is best for the game. I'm happy to see that he has the respect to do this. Props to him for that.

ATL should go after Culpepper... if he's still out there...

Comment

So...

Long, McFadden, Brohm, Baker, or Woodson? It looks like we will have 3 top 40 picks.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I'm willing to bet that he's already played his last down in his NFL Career. What he's doing is best for the game. I'm happy to see that he has the respect to do this. Props to him for that.

I definitely agree, on both counts.

Comment

I agree that he has probably played his last down. As far as bringing in Culpepper, I don't know how much that'll help them. I say they start D.J. and see if he can transform into a solid starter and if not they use their Top 10 pick on a QB.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think in terms of his case, its not wise of him to leave the Falcons. Because let's face it, as long as he's in the NFL and playing for a team, he'll have more leverage and sympathy and makes it easier for him to get a lighter sentence.

Out of sight, out of mind. If he leaves, he loses that leverage of being this valuable NFL star who's presence is required in the sport. I think its not a wise move by him if he does this.

Comment

how about we all just wait and let a credible source cite this story...because I don't believe for a minute that he's going to get paid to sit and go to trial...why would arthur blank fund Mike Vick's lawyer fees and what not? He's not going to put his reputation on the line for a man that everyone has already convicted...

Comment

Good news for the Atlanta Falcons, they didn't need that abhorrent media circus drowning their training camp.

I'm still very bummed that the media won't be hounding the Patriots for the purpose of seeing the Randy Moss experiment (which I don't think will be as successful as others do).
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            IMO he's done in the NFL period. There's an article out there from a former prosecutor's perspective on the case and he feels that the case will be more about gambling then it will be dogfighting and if Vick was gambling and convicted on it Goodell will have to ban him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              IMO he's done in the NFL period. There's an article out there from a former prosecutor's perspective on the case and he feels that the case will be more about gambling then it will be dogfighting and if Vick was gambling and convicted on it Goodell will have to ban him.
                              Wowzers. Chris Houston better turn into a shutdown corner now. Because they ultimately gave up Schaub for him. If Schaub plays well in Houston, Atlanta's GM will never hear the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information