Michael Vick ordered by Goodell to not attend Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I wonder if Vick will take down others with him. You can't make me believe that not a single one of his teammates knew what he was doing. Of course they knew. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons Management knew. I wouldn't be surprised if their owner knew! Vick might just be the first domino. Once he starts sinking, he'll be trying to grab everyone else as well... my guess.
    Well if we're going down that path then other players from other teams had to know, hell even other sports. This could have the potential to be a Pandora's Box disaster for sports in general.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Well if we're going down that path then other players from other teams had to know, hell even other sports. This could have the potential to be a Pandora's Box disaster for sports in general.
      This and the NBA ref scandal could do a lot of damage to this nation's sports.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I'm willing to bet that he's already played his last down in his NFL Career. What he's doing is best for the game. I'm happy to see that he has the respect to do this. Props to him for that.

ATL should go after Culpepper... if he's still out there...
        I agree with you too. I don't think we'll see Vick again in the NFL.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          This and the NBA ref scandal could do a lot of damage to this nation's sports.
          Ya, but we will still be way above all other country's leagues. Haha, look at the Italian soccer league. They were freaking rigging games.

Comment

For the Falcons sake they better hope he is involved to a lesser degree, takes a plea bargin for reduced/ little jail time, public image is slightly restored, and he returns.

I hate the thought of not winning for another 3-5 years or more. This team has a ton of potential needs, tons of changes going on on defense and in coaching philosophy, the Mike Vick incident(s), etc etc. If Vick is done with us then we take a QB high next year. That alone probably delays winning for 3 years, because that is usually when a QB finally starts to hit his prime.

Even worse is if a QB fails. You waste 3 years trying to develope him, fire the coach you employed after you fired the last one, draft another QB and hire another coach hoping for success. Detroit Lions for example (Steve Mariucci and Joey Harrington, fails and trys again with Rod Merinelli, stop-gap Jon Kitna and young and seemingly promising Drew Stanton).

On the other hand you have Vick, who while not amazing is above average and has potential when paired with a 'QB mastermind' in Petrino. You have no hole at the most important position, and with your top 5 pick the year without Vick you add some pieces to the puzzle (Jake Long/ Darren McFadden/ DeSean Jackson/ Sam Baker/ Barry Richardson/ Calais Campbell/ Kenny Phillips, etc.). I want to win.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Good move, whether it is the inital move or the only move. Vick at training camp would cause alot of unnecessary tension. A training camp atmosphere is much closer and intimate for the fans, and much less security. To subject an otherwise normal training camp to hordes of media coverage, excess security personnel, and protesters (and, if you will, "con"testers) would be just too much.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                For the Falcons sake they better hope he is involved to a lesser degree, takes a plea bargin for reduced/ little jail time, public image is slightly restored, and he returns.

I hate the thought of not winning for another 3-5 years or more. This team has a ton of potential needs, tons of changes going on on defense and in coaching philosophy, the Mike Vick incident(s), etc etc. If Vick is done with us then we take a QB high next year. That alone probably delays winning for 3 years, because that is usually when a QB finally starts to hit his prime.

Even worse is if a QB fails. You waste 3 years trying to develope him, fire the coach you employed after you fired the last one, draft another QB and hire another coach hoping for success. Detroit Lions for example (Steve Mariucci and Joey Harrington, fails and trys again with Rod Merinelli, stop-gap Jon Kitna and young and seemingly promising Drew Stanton).

On the other hand you have Vick, who while not amazing is above average and has potential when paired with a 'QB mastermind' in Petrino. You have no hole at the most important position, and with your top 5 pick the year without Vick you add some pieces to the puzzle (Jake Long/ Darren McFadden/ DeSean Jackson/ Sam Baker/ Barry Richardson/ Calais Campbell/ Kenny Phillips, etc.). I want to win.
                I'm not going to express outrage over the fact that you want to overlook these off the field transgressions, I'm merely going to suggest that its best to not have high hopes for this year for the Falcons.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Yup. I really have no problem with this. If he said this for the season I would, but not now.

Comment

sad news for us Vick supporters but maybe the best thing considering the distraction he would be

Comment

I'm not going to express outrage over the fact that you want to overlook these off the field transgressions, I'm merely going to suggest that its best to not have high hopes for this year for the Falcons.
                      Oh, no doubt. I have little to no expectation for this year. Hence the reason I said if Vick comes back we will have a top 5 pick to join him. I expect a 3-13 to 4-12 season.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I saw a post on another board that made some sense, not sure if it's true or not, but whatever.

By suspending Vick from the camp, doesn't that free Vick from team punishment? If he were to miss Falcons camp, wouldn't the team have to punish him in someway for not making a camp, that I'm sure would be mandatory in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          I saw a post on another board that made some sense, not sure if it's true or not, but whatever.

By suspending Vick from the camp, doesn't that free Vick from team punishment? If he were to miss Falcons camp, wouldn't the team have to punish him in someway for not making a camp, that I'm sure would be mandatory in his contract.
                          I'm pretty sure the league's ruling takes precedent in this matter.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I'm pretty sure the league's ruling takes precedent in this matter.

I know, but if he missed camp, wouldn't the Falcons suspend him for the camp, and fine him for not making it when it's in his contract? So basically he would have not been in the camp no matter what, but this saves him from fines and PETA harassment, is what I'm getting at.

Comment

Roger Goodell's name has been spoken/seen in print FAR too much this offseason.

Goodell on Vick:

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

it is not goodell's fault that he took over the NFL admist it's worsts cases of players being criminal...these guys are grown ass men and deserve whatever is coming to them...PacMan right on down to Vick...

by the way, someone a few posts up said something about Vick taking a plea bargin for reduced time...that **** doesn't happen in Fed cases...they are out for blood and knowing how big of icon Vick is...doesn't make it any better...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information