Michael Vick ordered by Goodell to not attend Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    it is not goodell's fault that he took over the NFL admist it's worsts cases of players being criminal...these guys are grown ass men and deserve whatever is coming to them...PacMan right on down to Vick...
    What has either been convicted of? If they've been convicted of something, wouldn't they have their respective sentences to serve? Wouldn't that be their punishment?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

it is not goodell's fault that he took over the NFL admist it's worsts cases of players being criminal...these guys are grown ass men and deserve whatever is coming to them...PacMan right on down to Vick...

by the way, someone a few posts up said something about Vick taking a plea bargin for reduced time...that **** doesn't happen in Fed cases...they are out for blood and knowing how big of icon Vick is...doesn't make it any better...
      I think LT's drug problems along with the trails and tribulations of the 90's Cowboys were bad situations that may have dwarfed these incidents.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        I think LT's drug problems along with the trails and tribulations of the 90's Cowboys were bad situations that may have dwarfed these incidents.
        Exactly. If you were to look up the statistics, I'm sure that players aren't getting in trouble at a higher rate than they were in the 80s or 90s. It's just that we live in an age of sensationalism, where the media is super focused on player arrests because that's what people love to hear about.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Exactly. If you were to look up the statistics, I'm sure that players aren't getting in trouble at a higher rate than they were in the 80s or 90s. It's just that we live in an age of sensationalism, where the media is super focused on player arrests because that's what people love to hear about.
          couldnt agree more

Comment

by the way, someone a few posts up said something about Vick taking a plea bargin for reduced time...that **** doesn't happen in Fed cases...they are out for blood and knowing how big of icon Vick is...doesn't make it any better...
            So Vick deserves to be punished even if he is innocent? That's really innovative thinking.

The Feds would be crazy to not look into a plea bargain. Vick has the best lawyers money can buy and has the ability to beat this charge. Prosecutors are almost always willing to give some sort of plea bargain because it saves time, resources, and eliminates the chance of the defendant beating the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I couldn't agree more with this point.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I think the Commish is doing everytjhing he should be doing in this case. He is taking a measured approach to this matter, and he's neither bowing to outside interests nor ignoring the situation. The NFL is doing its own investigation and will make a conclusion based on independent analysis. I certainly agree with this stance. In the meantime, it's best for the NFL and the Falcons to avoid this type of distraction as best possible for the time being. It will certainly affect them, but not as much as if Vick were in camp.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Good move on Goodnell's part. It allows the Falcons and the NFL to go ahead with things while minimumizing the Vick circus.

Reports were out the the NFL was trying to pursuade the Vickster to take a leave of abscence. Evidently the Vickster didn't get the hint. The league was forced to do this.

And as for Vick hiring high priced lawyers to help him get off. He is at one disadvantage compared to other criminal defendents. The federal proscecutors have unlimited funds. They are not going to plea bargain unless the Vickster talks. They wanted to send a message about dog fighting., and the Vickster is the unofficial messenger.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                    Good move on Goodnell's part. It allows the Falcons and the NFL to go ahead with things while minimumizing the Vick circus.

Reports were out the the NFL was trying to pursuade the Vickster to take a leave of abscence. Evidently the Vickster didn't get the hint. The league was forced to do this.

And as for Vick hiring high priced lawyers to help him get off. He is at one disadvantage compared to other criminal defendents. The federal proscecutors have unlimited funds. They are not going to plea bargain unless the Vickster talks. They wanted to send a message about dog fighting., and the Vickster is the unofficial messenger.
                    That is laughable.

Comment

Vick is dead to me
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        That is laughable.

And how is this laughable? The feds can easily outspend the Vickster with no problem. It's the Vickster who has limited funds. Once again we have a Canookian who knows nothing about the American justice system, but think he does.

Comment

And how is this laughable? The feds can easily outspend the Vickster with no problem. It's the Vickster who has limited funds. Once again we have a Canookian who knows nothing about the American justice system, but think he does.
                          So you believe that federal prosecutors are going to be better than Vick's all-star defence team?

Comment

So you believe that federal prosecutors are going to be better than Vick's all-star defence team?

The federal proscecutors were better than the Enron guys. They are better than Conrad Black's. And all these parties had tons of more money than the Vickster.

Comment

The federal proscecutors were better than the Enron guys. They are better than Conrad Black's. And all these parties had tons of more money than the Vickster.
                              Huh? Just because they won the case does not mean they were better. Federal prosecutors maybe make $100,000 or more at the high end. Top private lawyers are making million upon millions a year. Where do you think the best lawyers go?

Comment

Huh? Just because they won the case does not mean they were better. Federal prosecutors maybe make $100,000 or more at the high end. Top private lawyers are making million upon millions a year. Where do you think the best lawyers go?
                                Just because the federal prosecutors make less money, it doesn't mean they have less resources at their command. I would imagine that the federal prosecutors have enough resources to win this case. Vick probably has about $15mm to spend without bankrupting himself. With the way private firm lawyers bill, he could blow through that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information