Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Vick ordered by Goodell to not attend Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    Steroids in baseball.. dogfighting in football... crooked refs in basketball... nascar being nascar...

    It is time for hockey to make it's valiant return.
    More like Beckham brings the World's sport to the U.S.


    (I hope not)

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Moses View Post
      Not to mention the huge lawsuit that would ensue...

      Vick could sue for lost wages, lost sponsors, public embarassment, etc. etc.
      how could vick sue for public embarrassment...he put himself at those dogfights, he was the one whose property it was on...come on people, get past looking at Mike Vick as an icon and think about if it was (hypothetically) your dog who was killed in these fights, you'd want the person ultimately responsible to be held accountable...right? that's what mike vick is...accountable...he's going to go to jail and he's not going to play for the falcons...their fans are living in a dream world...federal cases have a 97.6 conviction rate...you really think that the feds piled a case against vick that wasn't airtight...knowing how big of a star and icon he is...think people!

      I heard visiting hours in federal prisons are from 12-2pm...

      Comment


      • #93
        If Vick is found not guilty, he could sue for what is tantamount to slander/libel/defamation of character to recoup his lost wages and endorsements.



        I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
          how could vick sue for public embarrassment...he put himself at those dogfights, he was the one whose property it was on...come on people, get past looking at Mike Vick as an icon and think about if it was (hypothetically) your dog who was killed in these fights, you'd want the person ultimately responsible to be held accountable...right? that's what mike vick is...accountable...he's going to go to jail and he's not going to play for the falcons...their fans are living in a dream world...federal cases have a 97.6 conviction rate...you really think that the feds piled a case against vick that wasn't airtight...knowing how big of a star and icon he is...think people!

          I heard visiting hours in federal prisons are from 12-2pm...
          He might as well start serving his sentence now. Screw the justice system. Screw looking at evidence. We should just base decisions like this based on what we read in the media. After all, they've never been wrong on anything.

          Comment


          • #95
            I thought this was hilarious:


            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
              how could vick sue for public embarrassment...he put himself at those dogfights, he was the one whose property it was on...come on people, get past looking at Mike Vick as an icon and think about if it was (hypothetically) your dog who was killed in these fights, you'd want the person ultimately responsible to be held accountable...right? that's what mike vick is...accountable...he's going to go to jail and he's not going to play for the falcons...their fans are living in a dream world...federal cases have a 97.6 conviction rate...you really think that the feds piled a case against vick that wasn't airtight...knowing how big of a star and icon he is...think people!

              I heard visiting hours in federal prisons are from 12-2pm...
              I dont think Mike Vick kills other peoples dogs here, any dogs that were killed were raised by dogfighters its not like some random peoples housepets were killed in these dogfights here and the owners of those dogs want Vick punished for it, which is what youre making it sound like.

              As far as what will happen, who knows, us fans dont have all the facts. I think its best we just wait and see rather than jump to conclusions.

              Comment


              • #97
                What Goddell has done is "SET THE PRECEDENCE".

                I love the NFL under his reign. Stars are not exceptions to the rules and he'll make up new rules for new circumstances to keep the league away from harm.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Something to keep in mind, especially with regards potential repercussion from Goodell and the league office, is the illegal gambling aspect of this indictment. That's not an area you want to cross with the league offices imo.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    If Vick is found not guilty, he could sue for what is tantamount to slander/libel/defamation of character to recoup his lost wages and endorsements.
                    Sue Who? The government had enough evidence to get by the grand jury so its not like its baseless. Only if it was way out of line could he sue, just losing doesn't cut it. Can't sue the media as they are just reporting what the government is saying. The NFL is just going to suspend him, nothing more and there doing it because of what embarrasing menat already occured.
                    "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                      Sue Who? The government had enough evidence to get by the grand jury so its not like its baseless. Only if it was way out of line could he sue, just losing doesn't cut it. Can't sue the media as they are just reporting what the government is saying. The NFL is just going to suspend him, nothing more and there doing it because of what embarrasing menat already occured.

                      He was talking if the NFL suspended him and he was found innocent.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        He was talking if the NFL suspended him and he was found innocent.
                        Vick innocent??? It's more likely that Lindsey Blowhan goes clean.

                        Last edited by D-Unit; 07-24-2007, 10:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          He was talking if the NFL suspended him and he was found innocent.
                          the nfl has the right to suspend any player they believe has broken one of their policies...and clearly mike vick's actions over the past however many months have been detrimental to the team...which is a basis for suspension...also, someone mentioned it previously, illegal dogfighting is also a form of gambling which in today's modern era of sports is a HUGE no-no...I love everyone who owns a Vick jersey seems to be dismissing the fact that Mike Vick whether or not he personally killed any dogs was the ringleader of this whole thing...just because he makes close to a 100 million dollars does not make him above the law...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            the nfl has the right to suspend any player they believe has broken one of their policies...and clearly mike vick's actions over the past however many months have been detrimental to the team...which is a basis for suspension...also, someone mentioned it previously, illegal dogfighting is also a form of gambling which in today's modern era of sports is a HUGE no-no...I love everyone who owns a Vick jersey seems to be dismissing the fact that Mike Vick whether or not he personally killed any dogs was the ringleader of this whole thing...just because he makes close to a 100 million dollars does not make him above the law...


                            A first time offender who gets suspended before he is found guilty in a court of law? Then he is found innocent, and he has lost all of his sponsers, and been destroyed by the media. The NFL would be sued beyond belief. Vick's lawyers would have an absoulute field day as they take MILLIONS from the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Vick innocent??? It's more likely that Lindsey Blowhan goes clean.


                              I honestly have no idea how you can say for sure Vick is guilty without even hearing, or seeing what the defense has to offer.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                A first time offender who gets suspended before he is found guilty in a court of law? Then he is found innocent, and he has lost all of his sponsers, and been destroyed by the media. The NFL would be sued beyond belief. Vick's lawyers would have an absoulute field day as they take MILLIONS from the NFL.
                                Why? They didn't terminate his employment, just suspended him from active duty, which under the law, both statutory and common, is perfectly fine ;)

                                Vick's lawyers won't have a leg to stand on.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information