Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Martin to officially retire from the NFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2947121

Curtis has been my favorite player on the Jets, and possibly of all-time. It's a shame he had to leave due to injuries. It would've been fun, if he had been healthy the past couple of seasons, to try and see him move up the all-time leading rushing yards list.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Hall of Famer

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      Hall of Famer
      What he said
      Now whats he gonna do, retire, or do the Bus thing, broadcasting

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

It's a shame he didn't get another chance to play, but he left a great legacy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Its about time...........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

would of liked to see one more year, he was a beast in his prime, seems like forever since he played for the pats...

i remember i kept holding him in fantasy last year to come back, but it never happened...but definate first ballot HOF no question

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Sad.. I really enjoyed watching him.

Comment

My favorite Martin. I think he should be a coach.

Comment

I am not sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere that he didn't want to be a coach. It was something I read a while ago on the Jets website, so I am not going to go looking back for the article. He said he was never really interested in coaching.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

I highly doubt he'll coach or get into broadcasting. He's said before that he doesn't truely love football, he just loves the competitive nature of the sport.

But he was a great player nonetheless, great runner, and a great blocker. His jersey will most likely be retired to my wall.

He was such a trooper, playing with torn cartiledge in 2005 for more then half a season, but unfortunately that was the blow that would bring him to the end. Almost good to see him get out, because he wants a life after football.
                    Last edited by Jonathan_VIlma; 07-24-2007, 12:47 PM.

Designs by Thule

Comment

I wish he would've done this a long time ago. It'll be a strange day when there's no more #28 on the field :(

Comment

All of those 1,000 yard seasons just took a toll on him. He was one of the most reliable running backs in the history of the NFL and a great franchise Jet.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

About time he "officialy" retires......But Still He's a Hall Of Famer to me.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

His adversaries will say and point out that never during his career was Curtis Martin a top 3 back in the NFL, maybe only once.

I however, believe that he still deserves to be hall worthy because of his durability and consistency. Consistency is hard to come by in the NFL, and you knew you were getting it out of Martin every year. He was a top tier back all of his career and provided great consistent production.

Id put him in. Not first ballot, but he should get in eventually.

Comment

all hail one of the great underrated, but not necessarily under appreciated, RBs of all-time. u never heard about the guy in the media, and u rarely heard huge things about him on the field, but he was nothing else but consistent and a great player. i will agree that he may not be first ballot, but he is HoF worthy in my mind, no doubt.

sad to see him go.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information