No announcement yet.

Taunting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think taunting is good for the game, but not too much of it. that fine for reggie bush is over the top by the nfl though.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

I'm thinking there needs to be some integrity in the game, the celebration rule is absolutely ridiculous though. I don't really like it when I see a player taunt another as usually players don't forget this thing and it could escalate into something else.

Celebrating isn't that big of a deal to me though but there's a questionable view of it. How about Hines Ward's horrible rendition of the Icky Shuffle? How about TO's Ray Lewis dance? Or Wilfork's Lights Out Dance? Or Merriman leading a crowd to chant "Brady Sucks" and saying "We are going to hit him in the mouth!" right before the AFC Championship game?
      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

My favorite play:

A safety gives up a 30 yard completion, and the safety jacks up the WR, a very very big hit, but the WR holds onto the ball. The safety then is like, "YEAH YEAH YO WHAT UP" and runs around screaming. They just gave up a big completion.

I like taunting, but only on some occasions.

No:

Say Brandon Jacobs runs for 10 yards and a first down.

Yes:

Reggie Bush catches an 88 yard pass along with a nasty move in the NFC Championship game against the best defense in the NFL.

Comment

Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by CM4
            Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.
            Is that a rash?

Comment

i wish endzone celebrations were not a penatly, thats an entertaining form of celebration

Go Ravens!

Comment

I don't get why people get mad about taunting, especially if they've played the game. What Reggie Bush did, wasn't taunting, it was based on pure adrenaline. I know after coming up from a big sack, I always hop around and bang heads.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Umm...."No" and "Don't really care" are the same answer Sweetness.
                  I think he meant to put "No strong opinion"

Sig by Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01
                    Originally posted by CM4

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.
                    It's not called smashmouth football for nothing.
                    Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

I like taunting way more then celebrating because it takes more balls. Chad Johnson's choreographed dances and planned celebrations get a little old.

The ultimate is when you can combine taunting and celebrating, a la Moss mooning.
                      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Lets put it this way....if i ever make it to the NFL...I would get fine every game....

I love to have fun during games and fun to me is talking crap and taunting

Comment

Originally posted by Ho0k Em'
                          Originally posted by Philliez01
                          Originally posted by CM4

It's not called smashmouth football for nothing.
                          Yup, which is why I felt that Merriman should've been blamed just as much as the players were. There is a difference between pumping up the crowd which is nice and just flat-out disrespecting the opponent. I like trash talk, the little duel between Porter and Stevens was interesting plus it gave another storyline as opposed to "JEROME BETTIS RETIRING IN HIS HOMETOWN!!!!1111oneunoshift111!!!"
                          Is that a rash?

Comment

love it.

Comment

When Merriman was cheering the crowd he was more or less just laughing at the roudiness of the extremely drunk collegiate crowd, not going at Brady so much.

Comment

Trash talking is fine as long as thats all it is.. As long as the players involved don't get physical i don't see the problem in them geeing each other up. It certainly makes for a much more competitive game

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information