Charles Tillman locked up till 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Tillman locked up till 2013

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that Charles Tillman on a six-year extension through 2013 worth $41.5 million, with $18.5 million in guarantees.

Chicago signed Nathan Vasher to a similar extension last month, so the Bears have one of the best young cornerback tandems locked up for six seasons. Tillman got $2.9 million more guaranteed, although the deal is probably backloaded. Tillman has been inconsistent as a pro, but was one of the league's best in 2006.

good signing if you ask me...hes a really good corner and i believe if a saftey goes down he could get moved there

Yay! Another overpaid player!

Comment

The bears paid someone????

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

LOL, I read that title and thought you meant he was going to jail. I guess thats just the way things have been going this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
          LOL, I read that title and thought you meant he was going to jail. I guess thats just the way things have been going this offseason.
          Haha, I thought the same thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

WOW, Larry Johnson is def. holding out.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Keep in mind that nickel corner, and violent bigot at the occassional Denny's restuarant, Ricky Manning Jr. is also signed for the next few years.

I've said on more than one occassion that I think the Bears have the best trio of cornerbacks in the league in Tillman/Vasher/Manning Jr, and now the team has ensured themselves that experienced yet still relatively young trio for a number of years.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Keep in mind that nickel corner, and violent bigot at the occassional Denny's restuarant, Ricky Manning Jr. is also signed for the next few years.

I've said on more than one occassion that I think the Bears have the best trio of cornerbacks in the league in Tillman/Vasher/Manning Jr, and now the team has ensured themselves that experienced yet still relatively young trio for a number of years.
                i believe that they could and should move tillman to free saftey and have vasher and manning jr play corner

Comment

First glance I thought it meant jail I was like WTF...

Guess thats just because thats all thats been in the news lately.

Comment

yeah I think this was expected...the Bears seem intent on locking up everyone except Briggs

Comment

They now have both starting CB's locked up nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        i believe that they could and should move tillman to free saftey and have vasher and manning jr play corner
                        I strongly disagree. We got a chance to see Ricky Manning Jr. start in the Tampa Bay game when Tillman was out with injury and Ricky Manning almost single handedly lost the game for us when he was repeatedly burned for big plays. Tillman is our best corner and this contract shows that the Bears agree with that assesment.

Comment

I think it is slightly humorous that Tillman was basically 2005's version of Fred Thomas, getting absolutely shredded by Steve Smith in the playoffs. He had a very good 2006, but to me the Bears overpaid.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I wonder what Briggs is thinking right about now lol.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                              I wonder what Briggs is thinking right about now lol.
                              I get the feeling the Bears feel like Briggs is replaceable

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information