Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winslow on pup :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Winslow on pup :(

    http://browns.scout.com/2/661186.html

    League sources have informed The Orange and Brown Report that the team has officially changed Kellen Winslow's roster status to "Active/Physically Unable to Perform".

    According to Scout.com's Adam Caplan, Winslow can be removed from this status at any time up until the point that final rosters are set. At that point, the team would have to remove him from PUP status, or he would not be able to play for the first six weeks of the season.

    At present, though, the designation opens up an additional roster spot on the team.

    Speculating, the roster status change likely means that Winslow won't be used in the opening days of training camp, and the Browns wish to use another roster spot either to evaluate a player or bring in another tight end to run plays starting on Friday.

    The OBR's Lane Adkins comments that the status change "comes as no surprise, as Winslow was to be limited at best in the beginning stages of training camp".

  • #2
    to call winslow a bandaid i think would be an understatement

    Sig By Diehardvikingfan

    Comment


    • #3
      He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
        He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.
        Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.

        Comment


        • #5
          If this guy could stay healthy the Browns offence could really see a big improvement. They seem to have the pieces it just hasn't come together for them yet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
            Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.
            You must be pissed off a lot, this guy has had more bad luck/stupid decisions than most guys have their whole careers, in his first three seasons.

            Comment


            • #7
              He sure isn't built like a soldier


              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't worry about K2. He's a f****** solider!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just taking advantage of the fact that he probably won't be able to fully participate the first few days of TC. He will undoubtabley play for the bulk of camp though after they activate him and will more than likely play in all the preseason games. Not really a big deal, not sure why we really have a thread on it, it seems like team discussions would be better suited.

                  But as for kellen's health, it is not like this is a new injury or something, it's just from that surgery he had earlier this year that he's recovering from which was in escence a scope on the knee he had repaired after that 2005 motorcycle injury. He was playing on basically one knee last year - the year he set the Browns season receptions record with 89 (first among tight ends in the NFL if I'm not mistaken). He should have another big year this year but with more TDs and a higher ypc average since his knee will be a lot stronger.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know but PUP raises an eyebrow, he was supposed to be ready for the beginning of TC... I expect him to be there September 9th and I'm not worried really its just frustrating I know he could be the best TE out there if his damn knee was healthy :/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With Bentley back and Steinbach, Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas added to the offense, the pieces are in place. Kellen is the go-to guy, Braylon I think is ready to break out...all they need is a running back, cuz Jamal is over the hill

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If this guy could just stay healthy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

                          Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

                            Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.
                            Jamal is older then 28 with the way we ran him.

                            After the trial it was "Now my mind is clear you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

                            Last seasons pre-season "Now that I have a deal I won't have to worry about being hurt then not having any money, you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well now that he is at a new franchise it is like a new beginning, so you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old.

                              Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information