Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you take out of the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I don't, but I'm more strict than others. I think that to make the Hall of Fame you need to be at the top of your position at least once.
    The debate in the NFL over the past six years is who is the best quarterback, Manning or Brady. Do you mean to tell me that guy who you don't think is the best between those two, doesn't get in the Hall Of Fame by your standards?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Actually, they did waive the three year waiting period to induct Mario into the HOF.
      Doesn't matter, Mario isn't even close to Gretzky; nobody is.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Ewing View Post
        The debate in the NFL over the past six years is who is the best quarterback, Manning or Brady. Do you mean to tell me that guy who you don't think is the best between those two, doesn't get in the Hall Of Fame by your standards?
        My idea of "top" that isn't inclusive of the #1 position. It's too subjective to quantify it as such. Was Jerome Bettis (or Curtis Martin for that matter) ever considered an elite RB? The answer is no. If they didn't have longevity no one would ever consider them great players. As for the QB position: Brady, Manning, Favre are the only ones who should make it from this era.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          As for the QB position: Brady, Manning, Favre are the only ones who should make it from this era.
          What about Ryan Leaf?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            What about Ryan Leaf?

            You know what? That's a good idea. Canton should open the new Hall of Infamy, as an extension of the Hall of Fame.

            Comment


            • #51
              i think jerome should be in it because i mean he is a top 5 rusher of all time and he does have a ring and thats a main factor for it...just like i believe cowher will be in when he retires for good

              Comment


              • #52
                Some food for thought...

                John from Jacksonville: You often mention that postseason play is one of your criteria for entry to the Hall of Fame. Is the postseason even more important for a coach?
                Vic: It’s important. I don’t care if it’s for players or coaches, postseason performance, in my opinion, is a major measuring stick for evaluating players’ and coaches’ careers. There are exceptions, of course. Some guys play their whole careers for bad teams and don’t see much postseason action. Barry Sanders kind of fits into that category. For the guys who have played a lot of postseason games, however, I judge them in a big way on what they’ve done in the postseason. Take a guy who’s played the equivalent or near equivalent of a whole season in the postseason. Now compare his stats from the postseason to his regular seasons. I’ll use two guys – Michael Irvin and Lynn Swann – as examples, but there are a lot more of them I could use. Irvin’s and Swann’s postseasons are as good as their best regular seasons. In other words, when the light was shining brightest, the games were the biggest and the competition was the toughest, they played at their highest level. That, in my opinion, is a Hall of Famer. The same goes for coaches.


                http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6183

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                  Is that why his jersey number is retired for every team and they bypassed the three year waiting period to induct him in the Hall Of Fame? Oh yeah, that's Wayne Gretzky, the guy who won eight straight MVP's and retired holding 61 different records.
                  Man of Steel, your rebuttal please.

                  :)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Dr Z says Doak Walker is the weakest Hall of Famer so I decided to look up his HOF profile. Walker never rushed for more the 400 yards in a season.

                    http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=223

                    Six seasons, only 1,520 yards rushing, 2,539 receiving and was 49-87 in FGs. Walker also punted and played DB. He was a jack of all trades, master of none.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                      Dr Z says Doak Walker is the weakest Hall of Famer so I decided to look up his HOF profile. Walker never rushed for more the 400 yards in a season.

                      http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=223

                      Six seasons, only 1,520 yards rushing, 2,539 receiving and was 49-87 in FGs. Walker also punted and played DB. He was a jack of all trades, master of none.
                      And QB, and he basically was the reason DET, was good back in the 50's



                      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                        Dr Z says Doak Walker is the weakest Hall of Famer so I decided to look up his HOF profile. Walker never rushed for more the 400 yards in a season.

                        http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=223

                        Six seasons, only 1,520 yards rushing, 2,539 receiving and was 49-87 in FGs. Walker also punted and played DB. He was a jack of all trades, master of none.
                        Doak actually made the Detroit Lions winners and more importantly champions. That alone qualifies you as a Hall of Famer. :D

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          You know what? That's a good idea. Canton should open the new Hall of Infamy, as an extension of the Hall of Fame.
                          Ryan Leaf
                          Tony Mandarich
                          Keyshawn Johnson



                          Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            Ryan Leaf
                            Tony Mandarich
                            Keyshawn Johnson
                            Why Keyshawn? He had a very good career.

                            Designs by D-Unit

                            ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                              Why Keyshawn? He had a very good career.
                              People just love to hate on Keyshawn. Besides if what would the criteria be for this Hall of Infamy? If its off field incidents, then Michael Irvin and Lawrence Taylor would certainly be in it.

                              Magical sig by OSUGiants

                              SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                              Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                              So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                i know this is probably a major reach here, but what about Amani Toomer? im not saying this out of homerism but compare his stats with some other WR's in the HOF, and he's not that far off, plus he's got at least 1 more year to add to those stats. granted he doesnt have the rings, but his stats are right up there with Swann. I know he wont get in, just want your thoughts
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information