Breakout Players for each NFL Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
    What you said about the Steelers and Larry Foote is completely wrong. In fact Larry Foote outplayed James Farrior last year, no one complains about Foote in fact we look at him as one of the more consistant players on the team.
    The reason I didn't say that is... If your a Steeler fan, and are content with his player, your wearing the homer glasses.

Wallace has never done anything to look like he'd be a starter.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I like the Cutler pick. Him or Marshall would have done, depending on where you view Cutler. In my mind, 20-25 TDs wouldn't be a big shock, but to the people who didn't see a lot of him due to his limited games, it would definitely be a big shock. Either way, I expect pretty big things out of both of them, as both showed a whole lot of promise. Scheffler too, although the acquisition of Graham could slow him a bit.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Some of my personal picks...

Titans - Brandon Jones
        Broncons - Brandon Marshall
        Bills - JP Losman
        Chargers - Vincent Jackson
        Panthers - DeAngelo Williams
        Falcons - Jerious Norwood

I'm sure I'll think of some others.

Comment

I couldn't disagree more with Jarrett Johnson breaking out. If any LB for us breaks out it will either be Cody or Barnes when they decide Johnson isn't good enough to start.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Very good write-up. My only complaint is that some of those players already broke out.

Comment

I totally agree with the Pollard choice.He and Page will be a dynamic duo for many years to come

Comment

i disagree with Welker for Patriots. no Patriot ever really got a high amount of TDs. his #s wont rise really but he'll be vital like Troy used to be on 3rd down and such

a better choice is Ellis Hobbs. Stepping up with Asante crying like a baby and he plays with a lot of heart. You see him 1 play get beat last year. what does he do? goes on kickoff and gets a huge return

he broke his wrist and toughed it out and played with a cast. he got benched at 1 point of the year and was our nickel back. i think it was the 1st time we used him as a KR last season, he broke a50 yarder. you cant beat this kid mentally. he may sound cocky but he plays bigger than his 5"8.5 height and he always rebounds. Hes certainly got the tools. 4.4 speed, 39 inch verticle. he'll be a good player for us next year. watch

he was our #1 CB last year before he hurt his wrist and Asante went to the left side

he shut down Lee Evans first game of the week
                Last edited by remix 6; 07-25-2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Safe selection for the Redskins. I see Campbell finally coming together though, making a bigger impact. Taylor however should improve with a competent safety next to him. This is Campbell's first consecutive year behind the same playbook, Saunders is at the helm, Portis/Betts are a great backfield to fall back on, formidable Oline.

Comment

Sean Taylor has been to a Pro Bowl so how is he gonna break out any more?

Sig by Ctmagic24

Comment

For the Falcons Norwood is a alright pick. I expect roughly 1,000 yards rushing and 6 rushing TD.

Other good, more orginial, choices IMO are Michael Boley (although he already had a good year), Jonathan Babineaux (although he was already top 5 in tfl for DT), Jimmy Williams, and hopefully (although unlikely) Joey Harrington or a WR.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

The Falcons should be hoping that Harrington becomes a breakout player. Or maybe he gets some help from Michael Jenkins and/or Roddy White...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by KWill93 View Post
                          Sean Taylor has been to a Pro Bowl so how is he gonna break out any more?

Because his ceiling is freakishly high. Last season to me, was Taylor's worst.

Comment

I agree with PalmertoCJ, I think Brooks is going to flat out blow up this season.

For the Jets, I think Ferguson is an interesting pick but not sure if I see it happening. I hope it does, but I'm not convinced. The Jets have a lot of wild cards to break out, but it's nowhere near certain that any of them will. A few thoughts:

WR/Ath Brad Smith- Used as a decoy last season, the team may try to get the ball into his hands more this year in many different ways. Possibly the biggest playmaker on our offense, but it really depends on his knowledge of the offense as he'll be playing all over the place, as well as his development.

DE Michael Haynes- Former first round pick that never really developed for the Bears. Will a change of scenery, as well as scheme, cause a breakout? Perhaps.

G Adrien Clarke- The staff likes him and he seems the most likely to replace Pete Kendall at the LG spot. A big guy (330) on a small line, I think run block well and could make a name for himself, considering he's coming out of pretty much nowhere.

I also think a name to look out for a few years from now is WR Jesse Pellot-Rosa, former VCU basketball player. He certainly has the skills and is an interesting story to watch.

On other teams, I think Mario Williams is going to aboslutely explode for the Texans, same with Vernon Davis for the 49ers, though those are obvious picks. I could see Braylon Edwards and Roddy White having big seasons as well, but those are more up in the air my eyes.

Comment

Yeah Vernon is going to have a huge year, and I think he'll put himself in the top 5. He's a great pick for the niners, but I've mentioned him in some previous posts and I felt that I would go away from the obvious one and go with a more obscure name with Aubrayo Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                Some of my personal picks...

Titans - Brandon Jones
                                Broncons - Brandon Marshall
                                Bills - JP Losman
                                Chargers - Vincent Jackson
                                Panthers - DeAngelo Williams
                                Falcons - Jerious Norwood

I'm sure I'll think of some others.
                                Thats a good list....I especially like Brandon Marshall

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information