Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

I'm gonna go with Jackson. He is a better pass catcher, and his physical skills are jaw-dropping. He has the speed to turn the corner, and some decent shake. Not to mention being a great inside runner.

LJ is a great runner and deceptively fast. His numbers are oustanding but I think, at least to a certain extent, his success is a product of the system he is in.
    Check out my blog and website:
    www.4thand99.com

I'll say Jackson, because he isn't coming off a year where he broke the record for single season carries.

Aside from that, they're pretty even-ish. I'd lean to LJ.

Comment

LJ is going to flame out if Chiefs keep using him like this. right now I'll say LJ but if he keeps getting used like this Jackson has the brighter future.

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

LJ is better IMO. You say it's his system, but his O-Line really isn't that good anymore. His tackles are crap, and they have one respectable weapon not named Larry Johnson, and the starting QB missed over half the year and sucked when he came back. Teams were selling out to try and stop him, but it didn't work.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Stephen Jackson. His skills are astounding. Besides, LJ takes too much of a pounding.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

I'll go with Jackson.

Comment

Jackson is awesome, but LJ is better right now. I think Jackson has a more diversified array of skills, but LJ is the better runner no matter what system each player is in.

Obviously LJ will break down if he continues at this pace, but I think (hope) that the Chiefs realize this and will limit his touches next season and beyond.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
                LJ is better IMO. You say it's his system, but his O-Line really isn't that good anymore. His tackles are crap, and they have one respectable weapon not named Larry Johnson, and the starting QB missed over half the year and sucked when he came back. Teams were selling out to try and stop him, but it didn't work.
                Exactly - the whole scheme/system argument against him is bunk at this point. KC's offensive line is a shell of its former self, and the Chiefs offense under Herm Edwards is nothing like the Vermeil/Saunders era offense.

Defenses routinely put 8 in the box against us this season, and LJ had to fight for every yard.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

LJ, but I can see it swinging SJ's way in the future.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

You can't really say LJ is a product of the system since we don't run the same system that Priest was in and our line is not even as close to being as good. I would say Jackson is better in the passing game for sure but LJ is alot better in the passing game then people think. I believe when it comes to just running the rock LJ is better he can make you miss or just run you over it really depends on what you ask of your RB on how you want.

Comment

real hard not to pick LJ but I think in the long run Jackson will be better
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I'll say LJ, facing him twice a year is not the greatest of times.

Comment

I'm sure Jackson will win the poll people just don't like LJ out of KC heck even some Chiefs fans don't like him he gives people a bad vibe.

Comment

Re: Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

Originally posted by schmiddog
                            I'm gonna go with Jackson. He is a better pass catcher, and his physical skills are jaw-dropping. He has the speed to turn the corner, and some decent shake. Not to mention being a great inside runner.

LJ is a great runner and deceptively fast. His numbers are oustanding but I think, at least to a certain extent, his success is a product of the system he is in.
                            He is still very young too so he will only get better

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I'll say jackson just to piss splat off...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information