No announcement yet.

Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any running back can run behind Denvers OL, same thing with the Cheifs. Remember when that Blaylock dude filled in when Holmes was injured and ran for almost 250 yards?

I dont know who I would take though, everyone tried to stop LJ and couldnt. Not to many teams could line the entire D after jackson because they had Holt, and a QB etc...

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan
      Any running back can run behind Denvers OL, same thing with the Cheifs. Remember when that Blaylock dude filled in when Holmes was injured and ran for almost 250 yards?
      Huh? That was two seasons ago. Since then we have lost Willie Roaf, Will Shields is well past his prime, and the offensive scheme has totally changed.

KC's offense in 2006 was a 180 from their offense in 2004 - if you watched any Chiefs games this past season you would have known that.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I'll take Jackson, because he catches more balls and he's only 23.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Larry Johnson. He is the better pure runner, and while i like Jackson, i feel LJ brings "it" more. Plus, i feel LJ is tad more explosive.

Running backs being able to catch and make plays in the passising game is overrated. You have TEs and WRs, use them. As long as the RB can pass pro, and catch a screen pass, i am satisfied....and LJ can do that.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Another thing, earlier this year, Rams fans were complaining that Jackson ran "like a 240 lb scatback". Has that changed at all?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Well, I think Johnson is the better runner, but I prefer Jackson. That is in no way saying that LJ isnt a great back, I just like Jackson.

Comment

I'm not going to argue with those who say SJax, because they're both ridiculous specimens, and I'd be happy with either one of them, but to say LJ is a product of the system is totally BS. He didn't have Roaf or Trich this year, along with Green being out. Will Shields and Casey Weigman are really on the decline. We had two OG's playing the OT spots along with a guy who's the size of a TE with a bad back, and a TE playing the FB position (he did okay though). Even Brian Waters got injured in the middle of the season. Yet LJ was still the 2nd best back int he NFL this season (would have been first, but LT just happened to have a CRAZY season).

Comment

I'm going to go for Jackson because I believe that not only is he the better all round player, he also seems a better person in my view, someone more committed to the team then LJ, who seems to cause a rift of some sort on the Chiefs.

Now, living in England, my limited knowledge and exposure to such individual stories are much lower then you guys, so if Jackson is as much of a distraction as LJ then just ignore my post.

Comment

Ill take Jackson over Johnson, Jackson is a dual threat RB, and I think he'll be better for longer.
                    HALL OF FAMER!
                    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by Jango
                      I'm going to go for Jackson because I believe that not only is he the better all round player, he also seems a better person in my view, someone more committed to the team then LJ, who seems to cause a rift of some sort on the Chiefs.

Now, living in England, my limited knowledge and exposure to such individual stories are much lower then you guys, so if Jackson is as much of a distraction as LJ then just ignore my post.

LJ's not commited to the team? He might not have been his first 2 years before getting the starting job (rightfully so, the way DV treated him), but since his number was called when Priest went down LJ has been a team player. He carried the ball over 400 times this year. If you ask me it takes a commited person to do that for the team. He always says he want to bring Shields, Trent and the old guys a SB, and when asked about a new contract this week LJ said he isn't worried about it, and his goal is to "win the SB not be the riches man alive". That's not a "ME" type player.

Comment

I love watching Johnson run over people, but I have to give my nod to Jackson

Comment

assuming we're ignoring the carries johnson had last year (i can't see how that won't affect him next season) i'd take LJ. if we're taking that into consideration, jackson definitely nudges a bit closer.

i do find it funny that people were calling for a 2500 yard season for LJ at the beginning of the year and suddenly would rather have jackson (who they hadn't really noticed all season).

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            assuming we're ignoring the carries johnson had last year (i can't see how that won't affect him next season) i'd take LJ. if we're taking that into consideration, jackson definitely nudges a bit closer.

i do find it funny that people were calling for a 2500 yard season for LJ at the beginning of the year and suddenly would rather have jackson (who they hadn't really noticed all season).
                            It's quite simple LJ finished the year with a bad Colts games (OLine's fault), and SJax was probablly had the best stats of all RB's the last 3 or 4 games. Therefore, SJax has the momentum, and it will carry on throught the offseason. Now say LJ runs wild on the Colts and the Chiefs move to the next round these poll results would deffinatley look different.

Comment

LJ for me pls

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

LJ is the better back, but Stephen Jackson will have the better year.
                                "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information