Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmiddog
    started a topic Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

I'm gonna go with Jackson. He is a better pass catcher, and his physical skills are jaw-dropping. He has the speed to turn the corner, and some decent shake. Not to mention being a great inside runner.

LJ is a great runner and deceptively fast. His numbers are oustanding but I think, at least to a certain extent, his success is a product of the system he is in.

• RaiderNation
    replied
    picked steven jackson because hes younger and can catch better. there pratically the same except those 2

Leave a comment:

• Gribble
    replied
    LJ is really misused in KC. Herm Edwards finished off Curtis Martin and it's pretty bad that LJ may fall to the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• Dam8610
    replied
    I'd take Jackson right now, because I think LJ is going to start breaking down after being extremely overworked by the Chiefs this year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My two favorite players. So i cannot chose ONE.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    im gonna go with LJ, cuz he did it with a crappy passing game

Leave a comment:

• ks_perfection
    replied
    LJ is the better back, but Stephen Jackson will have the better year.

Leave a comment:

• ninerfan
    replied
    LJ for me pls

Leave a comment:

• LarryJohnson27
    replied
    Originally posted by njx9
    assuming we're ignoring the carries johnson had last year (i can't see how that won't affect him next season) i'd take LJ. if we're taking that into consideration, jackson definitely nudges a bit closer.

i do find it funny that people were calling for a 2500 yard season for LJ at the beginning of the year and suddenly would rather have jackson (who they hadn't really noticed all season).
    It's quite simple LJ finished the year with a bad Colts games (OLine's fault), and SJax was probablly had the best stats of all RB's the last 3 or 4 games. Therefore, SJax has the momentum, and it will carry on throught the offseason. Now say LJ runs wild on the Colts and the Chiefs move to the next round these poll results would deffinatley look different.

Leave a comment:

• njx9
    replied
    assuming we're ignoring the carries johnson had last year (i can't see how that won't affect him next season) i'd take LJ. if we're taking that into consideration, jackson definitely nudges a bit closer.

i do find it funny that people were calling for a 2500 yard season for LJ at the beginning of the year and suddenly would rather have jackson (who they hadn't really noticed all season).

Leave a comment:

• SuperMcGee
    replied
    I love watching Johnson run over people, but I have to give my nod to Jackson

Leave a comment:

• LarryJohnson27
    replied
    Originally posted by Jango
    I'm going to go for Jackson because I believe that not only is he the better all round player, he also seems a better person in my view, someone more committed to the team then LJ, who seems to cause a rift of some sort on the Chiefs.

Now, living in England, my limited knowledge and exposure to such individual stories are much lower then you guys, so if Jackson is as much of a distraction as LJ then just ignore my post.

LJ's not commited to the team? He might not have been his first 2 years before getting the starting job (rightfully so, the way DV treated him), but since his number was called when Priest went down LJ has been a team player. He carried the ball over 400 times this year. If you ask me it takes a commited person to do that for the team. He always says he want to bring Shields, Trent and the old guys a SB, and when asked about a new contract this week LJ said he isn't worried about it, and his goal is to "win the SB not be the riches man alive". That's not a "ME" type player.

Leave a comment:

• EdReedUnstoppable
    replied
    Ill take Jackson over Johnson, Jackson is a dual threat RB, and I think he'll be better for longer.

Leave a comment:

• Jango
    replied
    I'm going to go for Jackson because I believe that not only is he the better all round player, he also seems a better person in my view, someone more committed to the team then LJ, who seems to cause a rift of some sort on the Chiefs.

Now, living in England, my limited knowledge and exposure to such individual stories are much lower then you guys, so if Jackson is as much of a distraction as LJ then just ignore my post.

Leave a comment:

• LarryJohnson27
    replied
    I'm not going to argue with those who say SJax, because they're both ridiculous specimens, and I'd be happy with either one of them, but to say LJ is a product of the system is totally BS. He didn't have Roaf or Trich this year, along with Green being out. Will Shields and Casey Weigman are really on the decline. We had two OG's playing the OT spots along with a guy who's the size of a TE with a bad back, and a TE playing the FB position (he did okay though). Even Brian Waters got injured in the middle of the season. Yet LJ was still the 2nd best back int he NFL this season (would have been first, but LT just happened to have a CRAZY season).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information