Collins or Whitner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huff.
    Whitner outplayed him last year clearly.

Huff wasnt a bum though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Easily Whitner. Collins isn't as good as Packers fans believe. I thought this season would have shown that.

Not to mention Whitner is was a top 10 pick and Collins was a 2nd rounder. Obviously that doesn't always make or break, but it is an indication of what each player's cielings are.
      Are the same Packer fans who say Collins is awesome the same ones who say Woodson and Harris are awesome and their pass D only sucks because of bad safety play?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Whitner was phenomenal as a Rookie, and I expect him to get better. Collins isn't bad, but I like Whitner a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
          Easily Whitner. Collins isn't as good as Packers fans believe. I thought this season would have shown that.

Not to mention Whitner is was a top 10 pick and Collins was a 2nd rounder. Obviously that doesn't always make or break, but it is an indication of what each player's cielings are.
          Are the same Packer fans who say Collins is awesome the same ones who say Woodson and Harris are awesome and their pass D only sucks because of bad safety play?
          Strong safety was clearly our weak point in the secondary, Marquand Manuel was awful and really struggled to return from his injury.

The entire defense got off to a slow start of the season because of the youth and inexperience but they all really picked up their play the second half of the season.
          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
            Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
            I'd take Whitner. Collins is good but I'd like to see him improve in coverage.

My bro voted for Collins so I could't vote
            Who is your bro?
            He's a packers fan that goes on my account

Comment

Whit

Comment

We had to hear all offseason about how Nick Collins and the rest of the current Packers are all sure fire Hall of Famers, but are just underrated right now. What did Collins do? Go out and stink the place up.

Comment

Collins went into a Sophomore slump that so many players in the NFL do. Like so many other NFL players, this wasn't a good season to judge Collins on. I think next year will be a much better indication of Collins potential.

As for Whitner, I wouldn't be too surprised or worried if his play slips next year. I'm sure he'll have a Sophomore slump too next year.

I think the jury is still out on this decision and went be able to tell the 2008-2009 season which player will be better.

Comment

Dawan Landry

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner

We had to hear all offseason about how Nick Collins and the rest of the current Packers are all sure fire Hall of Famers, but are just underrated right now. What did Collins do? Go out and stink the place up.
                      You should ask Sexy Rexy about that.

But seriously, Collins has all the physical tools to be a very good player. He has the speed of a corner (4.37 at combine, 4.34 pro day) and decent strenght (11 reps of 225). He makes big hits and can make some terrific reads, but the main problems he faces are mental -- ie playing in the wrong coverages. Whether or not he can overcome his mental problems remains to be seen, but if he can, he'll be a pro bowl caliber player.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6

what difference does it make where u get picked? Steve Smith was a 2nd round WR..David Terrell was 8th overall pick

whos on a team right now and whos doing better? Exactly.

doesnt matter what round you get picked..hes asking whos going to be more productive and i'll go with Whitner b/c i've seen more of him..plays good in the box and hes a smart defender.
                        Who's doing better now? Whitner.

And yes, as the Bills fan pointed out, I already said that. Considering both are very new to the league, however, you still have to take ceiling into account. One could actually argue that Collins has a higher ceiling based on athletic ability, but I don't see it.
                        Well, you could also consider the schools each player came from.

Bethune-Cookman and Ohio St.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm sure the fact that GB had 2 new starters in the secondary and a new defensive coordinator and coaching staff had nothing to do with it. :roll:
                          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi

I'm sure the fact that GB had 2 new starters in the secondary and a new defensive coordinator and coaching staff had nothing to do with it. :roll:
                            The Buffalo Bills had 2 rookie safeties in Simpson and Whitner (2 new starters in the secondary), and a whole new coaching staff (Mike Mularkey and Jerry Gray out, Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell in). So that should negate your point in this specific conversation.

Whitner has everything you could look for in a safety except for height (he is almost 5'11", not quite but very close to it). Whitner is fast, strong, good in coverage, good against the run, smart, athletic...there is a reason that he was picked #8 overall.

I am a Bills fan and I do like both Whitner and Collins, but at this point I think you have to say Whitner.

Afer reading the posts I find it strange that Collins even has as many votes as he does, but you could most certainly argue that Collins could have a better career than Whitner. I hope both stay healthy for their careers so we can find out the truth.

Comment

I can't say. Next year is Nick Collins year to establish himself, he had a great rookie year and this year we had alot of new starters on defense, so when linebackers or Marquand Manuel blew coverages it makes him look bad, I think if we had a guy who can play centerfield you'd see Collins abilities more, he's athletic as any safety in the league outside of Sean Taylor. The main reason I want a player like Landry is that it would help Collins so much. The problem with the Manuel/Collins combo is that they're the same type of player except Collins is far more athletic, Collins is also better in coverage than most people think.
                              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

More productive? Nick Collins because the Packers defense is always tackling people 20 yards down field in the secondary Just playing. I am not going to vote because I am a Bills fan and I am just going to say Whitner based off nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information