X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcarey20
    Dawan Landry

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

id say whitner but this poll should be redone after next year

Comment

Comparing 2 guys who are utilized in different ways isn't really ideal. I think Collins is going to be fine, perhaps one of the better free safeties in the game ... but in terms of more productive, I'll go with Whitner, as the way they use him in Buffalo makes it more conducive for him to put up bigger numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Easily Whitner. Collins isn't as good as Packers fans believe. I thought this season would have shown that.

Not to mention Whitner is was a top 10 pick and Collins was a 2nd rounder. Obviously that doesn't always make or break, but it is an indication of what each player's cielings are.
          that last part is very untrue, especially in this example. Collins was a 2nd rounder because he came from a nothing school (bethume-cookman I think?, id never heard of it either way), wheras Whittner went to OSU. The biggest reason for Whittner being picked so much higher than Collins was that he went to a better school, not talent level, and thats what indicates how high their ceilings are.

Comment

I think they both have very high ceilings. You really need to wait 3 years to evaluate players anyway. If Collins returns to his rookie form, I think he will have a great career, probably better than Whitner. If his play continues to suffer, it obviously will be Whitner.

Go me, way to hedge my bets :-D.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Re: Collins or Whitner?

Originally posted by cordscords
              Just curious to see who people are projecting to be more productive over the course of their careers.
              nick

Comment

Collins and Darren Sharper have 2 things in common.
                Both 2nd round picks
                Both went to DIAA schools (Collins Bethune-Cookman, Sharper Will&Mary)

Comment

Whitner.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I voted Donte, but if Collins wouldn't have regressed this year it would have been much tougher... I expect them both to be solid players but at this point I'm giving Whit the nod.

Comment

I don't know if people outside of Green Bay really realize what he brings to the table as a man that can step up in the run defense and he plays a pretty good safety in pass coverage.... I'm giving him the nod

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Donte Whitner... Everybody thought he was over-rated last year, but was absolutely massive in his rookie year. He'll only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by tom
                          Donte Whitner... Everybody thought he was over-rated last year, but was absolutely massive in his rookie year. He'll only get better.
                          Collins had arguably a better rookie campaign.
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I voted Collins but this should be redone 2 years from now.

Comment

Whitner.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447
                                Originally posted by tom
                                Collins had arguably a better rookie campaign.
                                Looks like DW had a little better R year.

DW-105-T 1-INT
                                NC-86-T 1-INT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information