Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs close to backing down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Defense wins championships, or so I'm told. Fact is, the Bears with Briggs are better off than the Bears without him. As a defense, they are more dangerous with him on the field than they are with him holding out. That is independent of the QB situation.



    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      So in the end a statement like, I will not play for the bears again, wont bite him in the butt?
      It's not like Briggs has badmouthed his teammates, the city, or the Bears fans. He either wanted the Bears front office to pay him accordingly or allow him to get to the open market where he would get paid accordingly. Don't forget that he's been playing at a Pro Bowl level for two years now and still has been paid according to the rookie contract he signed as a 3rd round pick.

      Granted, I don't think he handled the situation well until now. His demands weren't going to change the reality of the situation of the franchise player designation, and the Bears aren't going to franchise him two years in a row (too costly) anyways. If anything, I think Rosenhaus supported him although he would have handled the situation differently.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Defense wins championships, or so I'm told. Fact is, the Bears with Briggs are better off than the Bears without him. As a defense, they are more dangerous with him on the field than they are with him holding out. That is independent of the QB situation.
        Briggs is the best 4-3 WILL in the game imo, having already taken the crown from an aging Derrick Brooks.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

        Comment


        • #19
          I suspect Jerry and Briggs arguments went a little like this...
          Jerry-Mr. Son Of A *****, let's play some cards.
          Lanny-I 'm gonna raise. 1000 straight.
          Jerry-very aggressive. A new day, and you won't be pushed around. But I reraise -- 5000.
          Lance-What'd you say?
          Jerry-Your money, I am still up twenty grand from this last time I stick it in you...
          Lance- This son of ***** -- all night, he check check check. He trapped me.
          He beat me...straight up. Pay him...pay that man his money.
          Jerry-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.

          Nice sig BF51. You have to learn the new lingo up er now. I'm from Minneesoooota , I play Hoooockey,and I like the Goooolden Goooofers. Also, you'll have to start drinking Grain belt Premium. Too bad I'll be in Rome until Christmas, or I'd show you the ropes. By the way.... you never told me what part of SD you visited.

          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Geo View Post
            Briggs is the best 4-3 WILL in the game imo, having already taken the crown from an aging Derrick Brooks.
            It seems like all of the elite LBs play in a 3-4 system nowadays. A.J. Hawk and Ernie Sims are two up and comers who will give Briggs a run for his money sooner rather than later.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              I suspect Jerry and Briggs arguments went a little like this...
              Jerry-Mr. Son Of A *****, let's play some cards.
              Lanny-I 'm gonna raise. 1000 straight.
              Jerry-very aggressive. A new day, and you won't be pushed around. But I reraise -- 5000.
              Lance-What'd you say?
              Jerry-Your money, I am still up twenty grand from this last time I stick it in you...
              Lance- This son of ***** -- all night, he check check check. He trapped me.
              He beat me...straight up. Pay him...pay that man his money.
              Jerry-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.
              So in this Rounders fantasy of yours, both Jerry and Lance are KGB? Weird. Packers fans and their unhealthy obsession with guys nick-named KGB.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                I suspect Jerry and Briggs arguments went a little like this...
                Jerry-Mr. Son Of A *****, let's play some cards.
                Lanny-I 'm gonna raise. 1000 straight.
                Jerry-very aggressive. A new day, and you won't be pushed around. But I reraise -- 5000.
                Lance-What'd you say?
                Jerry-Your money, I am still up twenty grand from this last time I stick it in you...
                Lance- This son of ***** -- all night, he check check check. He trapped me.
                He beat me...straight up. Pay him...pay that man his money.
                Jerry-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you.
                LOL. Nice.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                  So in this Rounders fantasy of yours, both Jerry and Lance are KGB? Weird. Packers fans and their unhealthy obsession with guys nick-named KGB.
                  It's not my fault all of Mike McDermotts's lines suck.

                  What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

                  2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    It seems like all of the elite LBs play in a 3-4 system nowadays. A.J. Hawk and Ernie Sims are two up and comers who will give Briggs a run for his money sooner rather than later.
                    Funny thing is that they are all in the NFC North


                    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      It seems like all of the elite LBs play in a 3-4 system nowadays. A.J. Hawk and Ernie Sims are two up and comers who will give Briggs a run for his money sooner rather than later.
                      Julian Peterson says hello from Seattle.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Julian Peterson says hello from Seattle.

                        and Urlacher, Briggs, Sims, Hawk, and Barnett (when hes not getting arrested) wave back ^_^
                        Bears fan

                        Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


                        In Tyler We Trust

                        Welcome to Project Mayhem

                        This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                          and Urlacher, Briggs, Sims, Hawk, and Barnett (when hes not getting arrested) wave back ^_^
                          When he's not getting arrested? He's been arrested once and hasn't even been convicted yet .I don't think Barnett is a guy whom people associate with character concerns. It was just a minor run in.

                          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

                          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's a good thing.
                            Either way their making 8 million dollars.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                            United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Did see it posted anywhere so i thought i post it.

                              source: Pft.com

                              POSTED 4:13 p.m. EDT, July 25, 2007

                              BRIGGS DEAL NOT AS CLOSE AS ADVERTISED

                              A league source tells us that, despite a report in the Chicago Tribune suggesting that the Bears and linebacker Lance Briggs could soon be getting together on a one-year deal, an end to the offseason-long impasse between the two sides isn't as close as suggested.

                              Briggs, the Bears' franchise player under the CBA, has been tendered a one-year contract that is worth $7.2 million in guaranteed money, if/when he signs it. July 16 was the deadline for working out a long-term deal, but the Tribune reported that Briggs could be signing a one-year deal soon, which would give him a big chunk of the salary as a signing bonus and a promise that the Bears would not hang the franchise tag on him in 2008.

                              A reader has asked whether the Bears could remove the franchise tag and then sign Briggs to a long-term deal. We suppose that it's possible, but we're not so sure that the Bears would be willing to take the risk that an unrestricted Briggs would make a beeline for the Redskins.



                              Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                Julian Peterson says hello from Seattle.
                                They play a hybrid 4-3/3-4 I thought?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information