Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnell Bing Waived

Is this thread worthy IDK?

I know a lot of people were interested in his career.

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152
    Last edited by Windy; 07-25-2007, 07:01 PM.

dammit I was expecting big things from him in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
      Is this thread worthy IDK?

I know a lot of people were interested in his career.
      I believe it's a shame he didn't do well. That injury really ****** him over.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Too big and slow to play safety, too small and weak of a tackler to play LB. Just a little faster version of Ernest Shazor, never thought he'd succeed in the NFL. He's plenty fast for college, but in the NFL a safety like him who can't hit like Roy Williams but can't cover can't make it.

Comment

I thought he'd end up panning out. I guess I didn't realize how bad of an injury he had.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            Too big and slow to play safety, too small and weak of a tackler to play LB.
            I'm fully expecting the Colts to pick him up.

Comment

hmmm

In September this would not be threadworthy, but in July it is. This is really too bad as I was hoping they would be able to find a place for him somewhere. I think he is a big enough hitter to play SS, so maybe he didn't have the mental part of the game down pat, I'm not sure tbh. In a very crowded Raider backfield it was apparent someone had to go, and I would rather see him go than Stu. If worse comes to worse a long career in the CFL as a LB awaits him....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                I'm fully expecting the Colts to pick him up.
                Only if they beat the 49ers to him!
                9ers rock

Comment

I'm definitely surprised, but if the coaching staff felt the roster spot was wasted on him, so be it.

Comment

The fact that he was cut so early is what really intrigues me. It makes me think there was a personal problem with coaches/players or his injury was really a lot worse than everyone thought. There's also that slight possibility that he was caught doing steroids (needing to bulk up for LB and all) which would explain why both he and Cooper were cut at the same time.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Wow, I'm kind of surprised by this, even with the injury. I really liked him coming out. But I'm betting someone will swoop him up pretty soon.

Comment

The Panthers might give him a shot. Safety is the biggest need for them and they were interested in Bing last spring. I think they spent a lot of time with him on USC's pro day.

Comment

Patriots were interested in him during draft workouts. doubt we pick him up but itd be nice to have him as an ST player

Comment

Bring him home McKay. Milloy is old and he could compete with Darren Stone for the backup job.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I wasn't expecting that, hopefully the Ravens sign him so we can have some more depth at the Safety position.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information